2010.03.19 Indigent Status Granted

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if JB does with the Murder case like he did with the Check Fraud case and wait until the very last second, then decide to plead guilty, does the state get their money back?

Who could they possibly get it back from? KC doesn't have money now to defend herself so how could she pay back any monies if she did take a plea deal at the last minute?

Maybe I'm just not understanding your question. If that's the case, sorry. :)

The indigent status is available to people like you, me and KC so that we can get a proper defense. Every time that KC is afforded a right,like a right to counsel, it is one more issue that cannot be raised on appeal.
The Judge knows the score he had all the infomration to render his decision and I respect it.

I'm surprised, not that Baez presented the accounting so fast, but that JS approved it so fast.

What sealed info was there at the previous in camera meeting relating to funding sources? If Baez had to finally cough up at least that info in public this time, is it possible that that is all there was under seal? If so, does this mean that JS did not see the source of funding (ABC) as a conflict of interest for Baez back then either?

The defense got their way it seems. No accounting to the public. Moreover, it's as if JS is putting his stamp of approval on underhanded and unethical practices. If there will be no consequences then I hope JS is voted out of office, because it sets a dangerous precedent. I'm sorely disappointed in this judge at the moment. And with Kathi Belich- so much for being a hardhitting "investigative" reporter. Geez.

It's better this way. At least when she loses her case, she can't say she didn't have the money for proper experts etc. I expected nothing less than this.

I just have one ? what could Baez possibly have spent the $270,000 on?
Bogus motions,lunches and Casey's new clothes, Birthday cake. Just asking

if money went for caseys new clothes- they may have shopped at good will thrift shop-lol. did you SEE her clothes they dress her in court? she must be thinking omg- i would have never wore this. the flag dress cost more than her court wardrobe i assume-lmao. some one said andrea actually sewed the green blouse for her. they matched that day. i wondered why someone did not spend some money on a half way decent outfit for her! its been awful outfits they gave her to wear i think! not saying liz claiborne needed but they dress her like shes not even the same personin her looks , hair, ect. maybe on purpose. when you think of casey do you think of her old look or new prim and proper college look. fuddy duddy they gave her on purpose i think!

She's all yours Florida tax payers...so sorry you must pay to defend her.
G-d...that really stinks...I never thought of how that must feel for our posters here...those who have been so close to this case. It makes me want to cry...really.

What sealed info was there at the previous in camera meeting relating to funding sources? If Baez had to finally cough up at least that info in public this time, is it possible that that is all there was under seal? If so, does this mean that JS did not see the source of funding (ABC) as a conflict of interest for Baez back then either?

The defense got their way it seems. No accounting to the public. Moreover, it's as if JS is putting his stamp of approval on underhanded and unethical practices. If there will be no consequences then I hope JS is voted out of office, because it sets a dangerous precedent. I'm sorely disappointed in this judge at the moment. And with Kathi Belich- so much for being a hardhitting "investigative" reporter. Geez.

i love judge stan! he is probably one of the most fair, easy going guys in legal system. jmo of course. kathi was not seen at hearing at all thurs, probably better for her . it gave her a comfort zone-lol

The judge asked JB to give him the info showing that Casey was broke nothing more nothing less, JB gave JS what he asked for. Whatever JB gave him it did show Casey has no money left. I don't understand why some people are so upset that JS agreed that Casey didn't have any money.
Now that JB has given JS what he asked for, JS can now go from there on the other issues, like the false statements and such if he choose to.

ITA...yup never thought I would say it, but I'm disappointed in JS. What was yesterday? Just a show? I don't understand why people refuse to see how unethical this has been. Am I missing something? Oh, and I knew they'd rule for indigency status...Casey has no money..ANYMORE!

Happy bday Kc......

So, the Judge is completely satisfied with all disclosure. Hmmm well if we want answers, we need to put the Judge on the spot here. C'mon Judge, we want to see it. Whats your problem? what are you trying to hide? release it please.
NTS...is that you? LOL I just want to make sure...because this is a Kodak moment...I so totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bravo!!!

The judge asked JB to give him the info showing that Casey was broke nothing more nothing less, JB gave JS what he asked for. Whatever JB gave him it did show Casey has no money left. I don't understand why some people are so upset that JS agreed that Casey didn't have any money.
Now that JB has given JS what he asked for, JS can now go from there on the other issues, like the false statements and such if he choose to.

IIRC, JS asked for an accounting of money spent.

Happy bday Kc......

So, the Judge is completely satisfied with all disclosure. Hmmm well if we want answers, we need to put the Judge on the spot here. C'mon Judge, we want to see it. Whats your problem? what are you trying to hide? release it please.

I'd be happier with putting the Defense, the Anthony's and KC on the spot. What are they hiding?

HMMM I'm a regular person and if I got into trouble I don't think I could afford probono lawyers @ 22,500 + It's scary to think that Biaz feels he is worth what he took for a fee to date and you know it will be even more with his expenses.. I think taking on a case for "PRO BONO" lawyers is a way to get something out of this.. People don't normally do something for nothing :waitasec:

:banghead: I was really hoping that we would see the break down of the monies and how it was spent. I figured that JS would grant Casey her "indigent" status, I am OK with that.
I would not want that to come back and back fire. So, the state pays for her...but in the long run, it's really about Justice for Caylee. That is priceless.

:waitasec: I am wondering, will we ever see the itemized statements that Baez turned over? I thought it would take him a few days, but he turned them over ASAP, almost like he already seen it coming and was ready. Now, what if there is some time of ethical conflict? We would not know right away IMO. What ever happen to the last bar investigation? I thought it was JS himself that contacted the bar?

I sure hope that if there is/was anything shady going on that it is exposed before this case gets to trial. :furious:
When you think of how it played out...it went exactly as planned...down to JS's righteous indignation about the public's right to know. JB and the defense show up with NOTHING...brought about by a motion that was "thin" (lying by omission if you ask me). No information sent out there for the public to really see...at least nothing substantial. JS allows for the defense to "fax" him the info...and once again...the public doesn't get to see. But, we see the performance...and know that that's all that it was...just a performance. This is really turning my stomach. That info was never going to be made public!! IMHO

The thought that taxpayers are housing this monster with three meals a day is ENOUGH to make one sick. The judge, however, is playing by the rules. I believe when this trial starts, he will have had all his i's dotted and his t's crossed. Then there will be NO excuses for ms. anthony. I also believe when this trial starts, the judge will let all the players know whose courtroom it is. The facts will always remain the facts.

I haven't followed this case in a very long time since it just made me sick. I'm not surprised the judge ruled in her favor & agree it's good to remove that issue for appeal later.

I don't understand why the court doesn't make the accounting of funds spent public. Does anyone know what the typical procedure would be in such cases? In a less high profile case for example ... would such full disclosure routinely be made public?

Apologies if I've asked in the wrong forum ... please direct me if so.

I haven't followed this case in a very long time since it just made me sick. I'm not surprised the judge ruled in her favor & agree it's good to remove that issue for appeal later.

I don't understand why the court doesn't make the accounting of funds spent public. Does anyone know what the typical procedure would be in such cases? In a less high profile case for example ... would such full disclosure routinely be made public?

Apologies if I've asked in the wrong forum ... please direct me if so.

Welcome Mandy 113..............Glad you've joined us.

Ok...so I now know to check my tax bill :eek:

But, I have to agree that I'd rather have her using state money, than coming back on an appeal saying we didn't have the money to do what we needed to do...

<da*n tax bill>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member