2010.04.13 Theories thread as a result of the search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, with all we've learned from this whole cast of characters over the last 14 months, I'm going to be shocked whoever it is that ISN'T involved!

YES IT WOULD STUN ME. From what we know now, I believe Ron tried over & over to call Misty b/c he had gotten word, maybe from Joe himself, that Joe was going over there regarding the gun & it wasnt going to be pretty. I think when Ron couldnt reach Misty he called Tommy to go over to warn Misty not to let him in & to stay with her & the kids. I also think Ron called his mom ( or someone did) and that is why she got there so fast. I think Joe was already at the house when Tommy showed up. With this theroy, Ron would have know what happened, who had Haleigh.
My big question is, if Tommy didnt help dump the body, how did he know she was dead or where to find her?

shoot, rope would be in Mexico or wherever by now wouldnt it?

not if it was tied to a cinder block! I also thought of the heavier bones or teeth that may sink to the bottom. But Haleigh is so tiny that I doubt they would have rested at the bottom. Unless, the cement boat ramp was like a catch all with the current flowing and items were stopped by the cement if she was place on the side of the boat ramp with the current flowing. We can only hope.

I truly think that Misty had something to do with Haleigh's dissappearance. If she didn't, she would have thrown her Brother and Joe under the bus the night it happened. Misty obviously doesn't have any loyalty to her family, she just seems to use them. Misty is a selfish brat and could have possibly given Haleigh something to knock her out so she didn't have to be bothered with her and she could continue partying and then Ron wouldn't know who was over. Especially if Misty was bonking Joe or whoever on the couch. Haleigh is old enough to say "so and so" was here and Misty and "so and so" were on the jumping couch. With Haleighs condition she could have been more suseptable to dying given those drugs whatever they may be. I think either Misty drugged Haleigh or Haleigh accidently got into Misty drugs, OD'd and then she called on Tommy and Joe to help her get rid of Haleigh. Joe isn't in jail, Misty is. they are saying the suspect is in jail. JMO

Not arguing, just trying to make sense of this for myself.

Weapon: If LE has proof of a gun being fired, and ballistic evidence, and dna evidence (which, IMO, if they did we would have heard something about by now) then I can see weapon. Otherwise, I don't see how a weapon would prove Haleigh is dead, and so and so killed her, even if it could be traced back to a specific person.

Blankets, IMO, would be very difficult to trace back to a specific person, and goes back to above, doesn't prove Haleigh is dead.

Clothing, maybe that can be traced, even though there was more than one story on what Haleigh was wearing when she went missing, and again, does not prove homicide.

About how Haleigh's body was dumped, that was the impression I got from the interview, MOO, that she was not put in any container that could be expected to hold up under the time frame and conditions.

No, none of those things found by themselves would prove H is dead or who killed her. BUT....finding those specific things in a specific place...a place they were led to by a specific person.......would verify someone's claims and prove that person had guilty knowledge.

A murder weapon? A gun or knife or something damaged by a bullet hole like a van seat? Something stolen from the trailer?

Not arguing, just trying to think aloud and get feedback.

A murder weapon. How could LE prove it was a murder weapon, without a body? Did someone confess? IMO, the actual killler would have had to confess, barring lots of evidence at the MH, for this to stand up.

A van seat with a bullet hole is a good one, but, IMO, having heard about the scratches on the van, and it being moved, I think it would have leaked by now if there was a seat missing. But I get what you are saying.

Something stolen from the trailer: Like what?

This is just so hard, because we really don't know what LE has in the way of evidence in this case. What they are looking for could be just some little things that connect to make a + b = c.

What if it was rope they are looking for? I hate to even type it, but what if Haleigh was bound, would rope still hold clues? Grasping, I know...

Rope is interesting.....It could be possible that the perp used a rope to tie a container, or body to the poles from the docks/piers..with the thought that this may keep the body from floating to the top.......they were possibly in a hurry. I read somewhere last night that rope had been found at TC home...if they could find the rope and match it to the rope in TC home, then it would make his story credible......just speculating and thinking outloud moo

*forgive my grammar.....i tend to used multiple periods to separate my sentence.....it is a lazy way I know, but it is my habit.......

I felt like an idiot, so I deleted the rope comment, lol....but I get it now, re: the cinder block or whatever it was tied or wrapped around...I just thought maybe the fibers might have hair or something, jeez, here I go again....

No, none of those things found by themselves would prove H is dead or who killed her. BUT....finding those specific things in a specific place...a place they were led to by a specific person.......would verify someone's claims and prove that person had guilty knowledge.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. But, unless the tipster is implicating themselves in a major way, I don't see how this would hold up.

As example, say you and I were in this predicament. You decide to narc me out. You tell LE I stabbed someone, then threw the body and the knife I used into the water at this specific place. LE finds the knife. All I have to do is make up a story about how we were riding around talking, and I was upset. We pulled over and sat on the dock, and I had my knife out playing with it. Then, in a moment of frustration, I flung the knife out into the water. It would be your word against mine, and by itself would prove nothing.

So, this leads me to believe maybe LE already has some pretty good evidence stuck back, and is just looking for the missing pieces that tie it all together.

This is just mind rambling, going by what SB said in interview, leaving the impression with me at least they aren't expecting to find a body. Also, that would explain why TN said 'no closure', if that was explained to the family yesterday.

Not arguing, just trying to think aloud and get feedback.

A murder weapon. How could LE prove it was a murder weapon, without a body? Did someone confess? IMO, the actual killler would have had to confess, barring lots of evidence at the MH, for this to stand up.

A van seat with a bullet hole is a good one, but, IMO, having heard about the scratches on the van, and it being moved, I think it would have leaked by now if there was a seat missing. But I get what you are saying.

Something stolen from the trailer: Like what?

This is just so hard, because we really don't know what LE has in the way of evidence in this case. What they are looking for could be just some little things that connect to make a + b = c.

I think whatever it is it not only backs up what the source is saying but it is backed up by what police already have. I think they have evidence, maybe Haleighs blood in the van and this persons story tells how that blood got in the van. I bet the police can back up this persons story with other evidence like phone calls and other peoples statements.

I HATE the thought that Haleigh's body might never be actually recovered. It's bad enough what happened to the little one in LIFE but to never even be able to be found to have a decent, peaceful final resting place where her Mom and others who do love her could at least come and sit and leave flowers...just tears my heart out.

I hope and pray those creeps did put her in one of those rubbermaid bins....or something.....sigh.

I have concerns the "tipster" has first hand knowledge that Joe may have dumped a stolen gun or something there related to another crime but is taking it one step further to say he dumped her body there too in order to frame him. They are looking for a body and "other evidence". So, if they find the "other evidence", but no body, I will still be skeptical whether Joe is guilty of taking Haleigh. (depending on what the 'other evidence' actually is)

Didn't Mr. Brown state this morning in his interview that this was now a homicide case and that even w/o a body they could bring this to trial or did I just imagine that?

I'm thinking perhaps they are looking for items that will link them to Haleigh possibley being deceased eventhough she may not have been put there..JMO

Right now, I'm so confused I don't know what they are looking for or what they have found, if anything.. Wish I did though..
I hope they find something. I really do. It's time to put this thing to an end. But, if they don't, I've decided to lay off these boards & case for awhile. My nerves just can't take another wild goose chase. I can only imagine how Crystal feels, because she doesn't have that choice.

I still believe Tommy,Timmy,And Joe are all involved..Joe and Timmy got out of there way to fast..Timmy has been sending money taking their phone calls trying to keep them happy...I think he is afraid someone is going to implement him..And as for Misty..When she was talking to Hank Sr. she kept saying something about Joe walking around free while her and Tommy were in jail..That confirmed to me that he was also involved and Misty knows what happened..

I think, Steve brown said yes when asked if the suspect was out of town then added there could also be more than one. If that's true then why was it reported that the suspect was in custody? He went on to say Misty was there she knows what happen. So I am thinking the suspect he is talking about is not Misty or Joe. Joe has not been arrested yet. Can you be in police custody and not be arrested? I am so confused about what is being said in this case.

I think that whoever gave the tip, also gave a very self serving description of the events that night. LE deals with this all the time and they'll charge 'em all and let the jury sort it out. I am thinking the whole crew needs to go down right now.

In hindsight, I'm sure that even Ron would agree with you. But the world is littered with parents, and non-parents, who unknowing welcomed a rattlesnake into their homes with loving, open arms. There are many people on this site who have thought they loved a wonderful person, but that person turned out to be abusive, or addicted to alcohol or drugs, or maybe was an uncaring, emotionless person.

We all make mistakes in judgement because we are attracted to certain things in someone and don't see the other parts of them. Most of the time, we either figure it out and end things, or we are left with a broken heart. But in some cases, there are horrifying results, like in this case. I don't think it's fair for us to judge so harshly and say that he is at fault because he never should have let Misty into his life. He didn't have a crystal ball. I'm sure that he knew she had flaws, but she also had seemingly good parts. The kids liked her. Misty fooled Ron, she fooled his kids, she fooled Ron's mother & grandmother, she even fooled Crystal Sheffield. Misty fooled her family, she fooled LE, she fooled us...in short she fooled everybody.

A prominent lawyer on NG suggested the reason Misty was powerless to stop HaLeigh from being stolen is because she suffers from battered women's syndrome. In the past Misty was raped and the persons-of-interests according to her messed with her; so in addition to the fact that Ron didn’t know Misty very well, she bore emotional scars which were caused by sexual abuse. NG rejected this lawyer's argument; however, I think he has a very valid point.

We don’t know if Misty let her relatives in or whether they entered the home secretly. I think Misty was in a rock and a hard place when HaLeigh was taken because her relatives were involved and had it been anyone else, she would have immediately called 911.

Ron hid his gun so it wasn't his weapon which killed his child as far as we know. If Ron had left his guns lying around and it killed his child, he could be charged with child endangerment and perhaps manslaughter or second degree murder. Leaving your children with a babysitter 16 years-of-age is not a crime.

I was under the impression JO was visiting and had driven down there with a friend....nothing confirmed. Who was the friend and where was the friend staying?

If JO was the perp in this crime, I would think he would be the easiest to get proof of the crime he committed. His hair, skin and dna would not be hanging around the MH or the van if he didn't drive it while there. If he stole the van that night, then his hair, skin cells etc. would be in it. His prints would be on the wheel and their would be some other evidence in it.

That deer blood talk of misty's bothers me.....always had. I also think that remark has led people to think there WAS a gun accident with Haleigh being the victim. She said if there was any blood in the van, it was deer blood because she has seen deer in there before....that is one strange statement to make involving deer in a small minv-van. Don't know if this is a clue, but misty has not dropped clues before just threw red herrings at us.

Maybe she directly didn't harm Haleigh. She could have directed the disposal though. My
instincts are telling me though that she is not a shrinking violet. After watching her drug videos, she is quite the confident, hands-on type of gal, who likes to be in control.

What did he say when he was asked if the suspect had been interviewed in the last 24 hours? It sounded something like he was questioned this morning?

Someone may have already answered this. Sorry, this was the first chance I had to go back over the tape.

He said "yes" to had the suspect been interviewed within the past 24 hours.

Also, what he said about Misty was that 'she was there through her own admission.' Then something about he didn't know the laws about 'putting a child in harms way' or something in that line. So it's possible she could be held somewhat responsible because she was SUPPOSED to be watching the children.

It sounds to me there is more than one person involved, Misty may know who and could be charged with 'child endangerment,' and at least one suspect is out of state, there's 'evidence' of the crime possibly in the river that will co-oberate (sp?) with (a) witness statement leading to the series of events that occurred in that trailer that night, that resulted in the disappearance and fate of Haleigh.

HTH,
fran

PS....this guy said he'd solved the case the night before. fwiw, I can't recall where I saw it but there was a posting by SOMEONE? on a website or myspace or something? that said 'my dad solved the case last night.' I can't recall what else he said, but I kind of blew it off as someone 'trying to sound important and in the know.' But, I did remember it, just in case it could have been true. It's quite possible it could have been this guy's child, ie adult child.

Oh, and this would coincide with family members being at the dock or whatever the night before looking around............fran

PPS....LOL, now I'll go back and see how far behind I am. :)

BBM.. I could be the one you are referring to since that is my theory and has been for over a year now..
IMHO.. He is directly involved..

Thank you. I wasn't sure where I read that but I knew I did somewhere lol. I am new here so I wouldn't know who had what theory a year ago. Well, if the accidental shooting were true wouldn't LE have found blood somewhere in that MH and wouldn't someone have heard a gunshot? Just saying....

A prominent lawyer on NG suggested the reason Misty was powerless to stop HaLeigh from being stolen is because she suffers from battered women's syndrome. In the past Misty was raped and the persons-of-interests according to her messed with her; so in addition to the fact that Ron didn’t know Misty very well, she bore emotional scars which were caused by sexual abuse. NG rejected this lawyer's argument; however, I think he has a very valid point.
We don’t know if Misty let her relatives in or whether they entered the home secretly. I think Misty was in a rock and a hard place when HaLeigh was taken because her relatives were involved and had it been anyone else, she would have immediately called 911.

Ron hid his gun so it wasn't his weapon which killed his child as far as we know. If Ron had left his guns lying around and it killed his child, he could be charged with child endangerment and perhaps manslaughter or second degree murder. Leaving your children with a babysitter 16 years-of-age is not a crime.
BBM.
While watching the show last night, I remember rethinking some of my previous theories about Misty. I have thought, from the beginning, that she has been untruthful...but, I caught myself wondering if her version might be closer to the truth than I thought.

Then I look at the jail videos and how miserable she is there, and still no "come to Jesus" with LE. I don't know how her past has affected her behavior, but if she let this happen or participated, in any way, she needs to pay the price. I just can't get past her sitting in jail, this whole time, and not talking unless she was involved too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member