2010.04.13 Theories thread as a result of the search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think she was gone that night. She is person of interest numero uno for most, so I can see why she would be trying to deflect the blame. She is worried she may be charged with the crime. JMO.

Didn't Mr. Brown state this morning in his interview that this was now a homicide case and that even w/o a body they could bring this to trial or did I just imagine that?

I'm thinking perhaps they are looking for items that will link them to Haleigh possibley being deceased eventhough she may not have been put there..JMO

Right now, I'm so confused I don't know what they are looking for or what they have found, if anything.. Wish I did though..

IIRC, Mr. Brown was asked if this was now classified as a homicide case and he said something like, 'I believe that's what they determined (or concluded) yesterday.'

fran

IIRC, Mr. Brown was asked if this was now classified as a homicide case and he said something like, 'I believe that's what they determined (or concluded) yesterday.'

fran
LE keeps saying, we'll know later whether it will switch to a homicide investigation. I am thinking that if they find her body, then it will. So..PI Brown is putting the cart before the horse.

This is what I have been thinking and even thought about starting a thread, What items would have survived in the St. Johns River as evidence. The river has a strong current at times. Haleigh's necklace would not remain in place if she were dumped, I hate to say this but think of the location of Caylee and how far she was separated in a swamp. Here you have even more critters and a flowing river. Unless the cinder blocks were used but the marine life (blue crabs, fish, gators etc.) would have helped with skeletonization and using common sense I think the bones would have drifted away. I hope they do find something creditable and can bring justice for Haleigh. :banghead:

I was thinking the same thing. If they found a blanket I dont think it would be in one piece. Yes bones would have been drifted away for sure. The only thing I can think of maybe they are searching for a car? A suitcase? She had to be placed in something.

I do hope they find something today or at least hold a news conference.

I was under the impression JO was visiting and had driven down there with a friend....nothing confirmed. Who was the friend and where was the friend staying?

If JO was the perp in this crime, I would think he would be the easiest to get proof of the crime he committed. His hair, skin and dna would not be hanging around the MH or the van if he didn't drive it while there. If he stole the van that night, then his hair, skin cells etc. would be in it. His prints would be on the wheel and their would be some other evidence in it.

That deer blood talk of misty's bothers me.....always had. I also think that remark has led people to think there WAS a gun accident with Haleigh being the victim. She said if there was any blood in the van, it was deer blood because she has seen deer in there before....that is one strange statement to make involving deer in a small minv-van. Don't know if this is a clue, but misty has not dropped clues before just threw red herrings at us.

Maybe she directly didn't harm Haleigh. She could have directed the disposal though. My
instincts are telling me though that she is not a shrinking violet. After watching her drug videos, she is quite the confident, hands-on type of gal, who likes to be in control.

Whisperer, Joe allegedly came and left with Jenny and where Jenny stayed in Satsuma remains a mystery. The Croslins never mentioned her. Jenny drove a blue car which was confiscated and tested for evidence.

Was Misty insinuating deer blood was in the blue van? LE know the truth since they conducted a thorough examination of the van.

LE keeps saying, we'll know later whether it will switch to a homicide investigation. I am thinking that if they find her body, then it will. So..PI Brown is putting the cart before the horse.

I personally feel the reason they had the family together yesterday was to tell them they were looking at this as a homicide, they MAY be able to retrieve some 'evidence,' and possibly NOT a body, because they didn't want the family to find out from the media or the local gossip mill. The fact they're looking IN the water points to it being a 'recovery' search and NOT 'rescue.'

IF this guy did in fact 'solve' this case, he may want to be sure he gets the credit. After all, this is one of the country's highest profile child disappearances besides Caylee in the past several years. The guy has been working on this for fourteen months. He's a businessman. IF he did solve this case and there turns out to be arrests and trials, this could be a huge boost to his reputation and future success of his PI firm.

Being former FBI, he knows what he can and cannot say during an on-going investigation. I know LE didn't answer the 'homicide' question yesterday, but they pretty much didn't answer anything else either, and just left more questions.

JMHO
fran

I was thinking the same thing. If they found a blanket I dont think it would be in one piece. Yes bones would have been drifted away for sure. The only thing I can think of maybe they are searching for a car? A suitcase? She had to be placed in something.

I do hope they find something today or at least hold a news conference.

In the video where Gmma Sykes is standing in the front porch of Ronald's trailer, several blue containers were stacked against the wall. I wonder if LE asked Ron if they were all accounted for when they were investigating the trailer?

Ron hid his gun so it wasn't his weapon which killed his child as far as we know. If Ron had left his guns lying around and it killed his child, he could be charged with child endangerment and perhaps manslaughter or second degree murder. Leaving your children with a babysitter 16 years-of-age is not a crime.[/QUOTE] For some reason, Nancy Grace, is black or white where Misty is concerned. She chooses to think she has no redeeming qualities & that there are no excuses for her actions. This makes me think that she has an inside source & is privy to information that we don't have. But, even if that's true, I have room, in my own mind anyway, to feel some compassion for Misty. I believe that she was molested, abused, & victimized as a child. How this affected her, I'm not sure. If nothing else, it made her go wild. I doubt she's an addict, but I do think she did lots of drugs, & had been, for all of her teen, (socially formative), years. I think she has suffered some kind of actual brain damage-probably prenatal, & from her own drug use. This is probably the 1st time in years, that Misty has been completely sober-minded...& I'm curious as to how that's affected her deduction process. Does she realize what's in store for her? Can she defend herself & explain her actions? Even if she's guilty, does she have the ability to manipulate words in order to gain understanding from a judge? If she doesn't, I'm afraid that she's gonna come across as a cold-blooded, cold-hearted b**ch. She needs to eplain her actions & the series of events that led her to that point. Yes, we know she can lie...& yes, we know she can say, kiss my azz, * ef you, mind your own business' , but that's not gonna cut it.

I don't believe they are looking for a body. One of the neighbors from the search area said another neighbor saw Misty bring a black bag, or black plastic bag into the area shortly after Haleigh went missing. Sounds like she was getting rid of evidence, but not necessarily a body.

In the video where Gmma Sykes is standing in the front porch of Ronald's trailer, several blue containers were stacked against the wall. I wonder if LE asked Ron if they were all accounted for when they were investigating the trailer?

Looking at old videos now. Thanx..

I listened to the interview with Steven Brown again. Assuming what he is saying is true, here is my latest half-baked theory.

Ron was at work, and has no involvement. Misty got wasted with Tommy and Joe at the MH. They left, and she passed out.

Tommy and Joe meanwhile go off somewhere, maybe to a bar. They meet up with someone else. This someone has it in for Ron for whatever reason, maybe Ron owes him some money. The three or so get to talking, and it is mentioned Ron won't be off work until about 3am. This other person or persons decides to go break into Ron's house and steal some stuff. While there, Haleigh wakes up and wanders out of the bedroom. There is panic, and Haleigh is snatched. Maybe a hand is put over her mouth too hard, and she suffocates. I guess Tommy would be involved, or this person is somehow related to the Croslins, because this search area being so close to where Croslins used to live is just too coincidental for me to buy otherwise. So, Haleigh's body and whatever was taken from the trailer was dumped in the river to get rid of the evidence.

Misty never wakes up through this. This is why she could possibly be facing child endangerment charges, since had she not been taking drugs/alcohol, she might have woken up.

Ron stays with Misty because there is some stuff missing, which backs up her story of Haleigh being taken, and he is convinced he can get his daughter back alive.

Joe is questioned to back up the story of who else was involved, but Joe did not go back to the trailor.

Okay, sounded good when I first thought it up, but I can see all kinds of problems with this now.

There's a problem with this answer. Cousin Joe is from Misty's side of the family. Misty and Ronald had only know each other for a few short months. How much interaction could Ronald have with a cousin that lives in Tenn? Nobody else on the Cummings side of the family knew Joe. In the 2 weeks Joe was in Florida, how many times do you think he went fishing that Ronald would have know about? Ronald worked at least 8 hours a day, and if you listen to his attorney, he always went to work 45 mins. early. He was working the late shift during that period, and would have slept a good part of the day. In my opinion, Ronald would have no knowledge of Joe's likes or dislikes for a certain fishing hole. For Ronald to claim that the area that is now being searched was Joe's favorite place to fish is pure BS. I doubt Ronald could tell you Joe's favorite drug, and I guarantee you they did more drugs together than fishing.

I'm not saying this is what happened...obviously I don't know. Just saying that it isn't that far fetched. This article that MADJGNLAW posted this morning, IMO, makes it even less far fetched. In it, it say...snipped~ Brown, the neighborhood resident said Haleigh's babysitter, Misty Croslin, "used to live two blocks from here" with her parents. ~snipped. So, if this is accurate and MC did live just 2 blocks from there with her parents..and IF JO had visited this family while they were living there, it is a POSSIBILITY that he had fished there before. From experience, I know that it doesn't take long for guys who like to hunt and fish to start talking about the places the like to do it....even if they barely knew each other. I have seen my uncle talking to a guy he had never met about hunting...all while waiting on a prescription at the drug store. I mean really if you want to think about it in these terms...Even if RC is 100% guilty with HC's disappearance/death and JO is completely innocent...if RC wanted to point his finger at JO to to try to insure that he himself wouldn't be implicated my first guess would be RC thinking...ok how can I make JO look like the guilty one and not me? Oh hey I remember JO telling me that he liked to fish at this spot so i'll just tell LE to check the area because that's where he liked to fish. I'm obviously not saying that's what happened because like I said I don't know. But IF JO had visited fla before this visit, it is a possibility. JMO

This is the article that was posted by MADJGNLAW this morning
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/14/news/news01.txt

"Sheriff Hardy would like Haleigh Cummings' family, the citizens of Putnam County and the media to know, if and when any factual information is obtained in this case that will either explain what happened to Haleigh Cummings or identify who is responsible for her disappearance, he will make a formal release to the public," Greenwood said Wednesday.

" if and when any factual information is obtained in this case... "

I've believe from the beginning that everyone knew more than they were telling, including Ronald. I still believe that. I would be absolutely SHOCKED if he were totally in the dark. I know he lied when he said, "I don't do drugs". His actions have been strange since day one. Who marries the fool who lost his daughter? Totally strange. He's is certainly guilty of putting his children's lives in danger by his actions and leaving them in the hands of a drug-induced child.

I've known Misty was lying. I suspected Tommy would be the one to crack. I believe Timmy and his wife knew what went down, or had suspicions, that's why they thought Massachusetts was a great place for a family.

In my opinion, they've all enabled the guiltiest parties by letting it go on this long, and they've all failed HaLeigh and young Ron, and all of them are guilty of something.

When I say ALL, I'm excluding Crystal S. and her side of this sorry family. They were nowhere around that night.

In my opinion, it's not I who has to be sorry for stating what appears to be facts.

I agree with all of what you say but in the beginning all I could see was that Crystal is the only one with motive other than drugs or retaliation of some sort than it is no holds barred on who did this. I still do not and will not believe any of the grandparents had anything to do with this.

Let me explain my thinking, a little more. Say Misty is found guilty of murdering Haleigh. If a judge asks her to explain why, she might simply say because she was 'so mad'. A judge might think she was mad because she was resentful towards Haleigh, or because instead of babysitting, she wanted to be out, drugging it up. But if Misty explained that Ron had severely beaten her, & extremely upset, she had taken off, for a drug fueled weekend, things might look a little clearer. She could then explain how Ron badgered her to go back to him, going so far as to dump her clothes on Nay Nay's lawn. She could then talk about his mom running intereference, & calling, wanting her to babysit, but although confessing to being really messed up & exhausted, they wouldn't take no for an answer-with Teresa even offering her money. Misty could go on & say that she was absolutely exhausted, but couldn't sleep because Haleigh was being hard to handle. So, in desperation, she called Ron, which led to a huge argument, with him really getting on her azz, & with him telling her to spank Haleigh. So she did, & couldn't stop. In other words, explain why she was so mad. Let the judge understand that she had been used & manipulated, even after trying to say no. & let him see her frustration @ the chain of events that led her to that point.

I personally feel the reason they had the family together yesterday was to tell them they were looking at this as a homicide, they MAY be able to retrieve some 'evidence,' and possibly NOT a body, because they didn't want the family to find out from the media or the local gossip mill. The fact they're looking IN the water points to it being a 'recovery' search and NOT 'rescue.'

IF this guy did in fact 'solve' this case, he may want to be sure he gets the credit. After all, this is one of the country's highest profile child disappearances besides Caylee in the past several years. The guy has been working on this for fourteen months. He's a businessman. IF he did solve this case and there turns out to be arrests and trials, this could be a huge boost to his reputation and future success of his PI firm.

Being former FBI, he knows what he can and cannot say during an on-going investigation. I know LE didn't answer the 'homicide' question yesterday, but they pretty much didn't answer anything else either, and just left more questions.

JMHO
fran
Because of GGS's saying that she was still hoping for a live Haleigh, I think your assessment of the meeting, is probably spot on.

But Cindy had the smell of death in the car and she knew what that meant.

Where was Ron's smell of death? Why was he on that phone and not out looking for his daughter? As far as he knew she could have left that trailer a minute before he got home.

With all due respect, not being snarky AT ALL, had Ron left that house to look for his child before calling 911, we would be all over him for that too. I don't think that Ron can win with anyone. That is his own fault though because the behavior that he has demonstrated has been less than stellar. That does not, at least to me, mean that he had any knowledge of what happened to that child as of that phone call.

Interesting Blue, do we have any pictures for comparison purposes maybe?

With all due respect, not being snarky AT ALL, had Ron left that house to look for his child before calling 911, we would be all over him for that too. I don't think that Ron can win with anyone. That is his own fault though because the behavior that he has demonstrated has been less than stellar. That does not, at least to me, mean that he had any knowledge of what happened to that child as of that phone call.

It really would have mattered if Ron was squeaky clean, some would have still found fault and blame. Look what was said about Ed Smart.. Some still believe he sold Elizabeth..

There are just some people who are quick to judge and they need a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member