2010.04.16 Do you think Ron knew what happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think Ron knew what happened to Haleigh?

• Yes, I think he knew.

Votes: 316 68.1%
  • No, I do not think he knew.

Votes: 148 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because it could also be (to be fair) that he now knows who is responsible and is chewing the walls to get to them in some way. Or just acting out. Heck I don't know.

Is it new that he is in lockdown? I know he was at first; did he get put into GP at some point?

Well since I believe he knows he did it, he is either pretend playing to be a BAD AZZ or they think he may off himself..But he is not on suicide watch right? So my guess he is play acting...JMO

I think this should go in this thread. Lets not forget that Ron did not want to cooperate with LE regarding Haleigh. What parent of a missing child avoids speaking with investigators?

Maj. Gary Bowling, said detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted. Six months into the unsolved disappearance.

Haleigh's family remains divided 6 months later
"Snip" By Dana Treen Aug. 18, 2009

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...6_months_later
Cummings: It went ‘personal’

In recent interviews at Sykes’ Welaka home where Ronald Cummings, 25, and his wife live, he told the Times-Union the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office focus was shortsighted.

Standing outside wearing T-shirts with Haleigh’s likeness, Ronald and Misty Cummings said they gave dozens of hours of interviews in February and March, including her longest, which she said occurred just before the couple were married.

“I think the longest time I was in there was eight hours,” she said.

Ronald Cummings said the investigation went in the wrong direction.

“They took a child-abduction investigation and made it a personal investigation,” he said. “Instead of keeping the focus on finding Haleigh, they made the focus on Misty and what she was doing one weekend and what happened six months ago and what happened seven years ago. It was tunnel vision.”

Cummings has cut off interviews with investigators.

“Besides ‘No I didn’t have nothing to do with my child being missing,’ what do you say?” he asked.

Maj. Gary Bowling, director of law enforcement for the department, said detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted.

The interviews with Misty Cummings have produced different pictures, he said. She was alone with Cummings’ children the night Haleigh disappeared. She has told authorities she woke up about 3 a.m. and found the 5-year-old missing.

“We’ve said from day one Misty’s story is absolutely filled with inconsistencies,” Bowling said.

Stay On Topic. Do you think Ron knew what happened? And your reason. Not a discussion thread.

I think Ron knew what happened. His anger that night and subsequent behavior for the past 14 months, and the statement "I'd give my life for my child's life back." I believe he knows it was a crime of revenge (if he didn't do it), and that it was an accident or intentional by someone else (if he didn't do it) or HE did it and has been intimidating everyone connected.

I honestly don't think nor have I ever thought that Ron was involved in what happened that night. I believe the reason he married Misty was because he thought he might end up in serious trouble over sleeping with her since she was a minor. I have no doubt especially after seeing all of these events unfold over the last couple of days that if Ron were involved, that Joe, Tommy, Misty, Granny Hollars, and the rest of the Croslin clan would have already thrown him under the bus as well.

You guys have to understand the mentality of these people that we are talking about. This is your typical, trailer-park trash family (I hope I don't get a time out about that), redneck family that lives in and around the north Florida area. I've lived around this area for my entire life and you'd really be surprised what goes on with these types of people. I don't mean that in a disrespectful type of way but it's really the truth. You get these types of people and mix in with that alcohol and drugs, and it makes for a horrible situation. I really think Ron thought Haleigh would be found and once she was, he would be in a whole lot of trouble for shacking up with a girl of Misty's age so he decided it was best for him to marry her. Who knows, maybe Misty even told him she was pregnant with his child or something and he felt compelled to marry her. These are not normal people who have normal relationships in their lives. The sad thing is about all of it is that there is a young boy still in the throes of this mess and hopefully Crystal will straighten up her act and become the mother that he so deserves because irregardless of whether or not Ron was involved in Haleigh's disappearance or her death, he's going away for a long time so it is imperative that Crystal provide a better life for that poor little fellow than he has had up until now.

JMO.

I say yes. I think he at least before he got home that night, if not before, as in he was there when it happened, whatever it was that happened. His actions, body language, and many other things he did and did not do tell me he already knew she was dead, from Feb. 10th on.

I believe Ron had/has knowledge of what happened from the beginning. I don't know what his involvement was but just having knowledge of a crime, being deceptive or withholding information is a crime itself.

I have no doubt Ron loved Haleigh but Ron knows/knew. Oh I remember , "Don't look at me, find Haleigh."

Remember "ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME" ???

I don't think the decal on the front windshield was ever discussed. I must credit the capture of this picture to cranky. Thank-you wherever you are.
Click to view.

haleighcase006.jpg

I suspect that this goes much deeper. Haleighs death may well be just the final part of something darker, and that may be a secret truth they are all afraid of, even Ron. There is just too much wierdness.

I think the multiple phone calls home on the night that Haleigh went missing were to check up on his druggy, possibly sexually unfaithful babysitter and/or to check in on their “drug” business. I don’t believe that he knew what happened to Haleigh. If he ever knew the exact details, I believe he would have made Misty, her brother, and her cousin gator bait. The fact that they are still healthy tells me that he didn’t know.

When evaluating Ron’s behavior, one has to consider that his behavior may have been influenced by opiates or alcohol during his interviews. When he stated, “I don’t know or I don’t remember” it is very possible that he didn’t. I do believe his grief reaction was real and his promise to kill whoever took Haleigh is still real.

100% Yes, yes, yes.

-911 Call and hang ups
-Not searching around outside screaming for Haleigh
-Misty calling 911 instead of him.
-Extreme rage at the onset of Haleigh's disappearance. (not normal-fear and panic are)
-Married the 'key' promptly after Misty walked out of an LE interview (because they were calling her a LIAR--big red flag for me)
-Married Misty on the day a massive search for HIS lost child was going on.
-Lied about the fight over a gun with Joe
-"I'd give my life for my child's life back" Ugh...
-Threatening to kill the "sorry piece of trash" that took his daughter. (who does that unless they know she is already dead?)
-Married Misty because that's what Haleigh would have wanted....errrr..to keep his enemies close
-Greta interview. (WOW-that should be enough for anyone right there)
-He said on NG "I installed new locks because I didn't want something like this to happen"
-No sign of forced entry and Ron is the only one with a key to his house
-Saying repeatedly when cornered about Misty's lies that "I don't know Mizz Nancy, I didn't ask her about that" (WHAT?)
-Covered for Misty every single chance he had. For instance:
GRACE: To Ronald Cummings, Haleigh`s father, who is with us tonight taking your calls live. Ronald, has the theory that Misty left the home some time during the night been disproved?

RONALD CUMMINGS: I`m not sure. I believe that it has, Nancy. I`m almost 100 percent sure, but I wouldn`t say that and lie to you. I`m pretty sure it has been disproved.

GRACE: Do you believe she left the home and left the children alone, Ronald?

RONALD CUMMINGS: Absolutely not.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/16/ng.01.html

AND another cover for Misty (and himself IMO) Wait! Was Misty doing what Ron says below or standing at the door waiting for him like we've heard? :waitasec:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/16/ng.01.html

GRACE: Joining me tonight in a primetime exclusive, Haleigh`s father, Ronald Cummings, along with her grandmother, Teresa Neves, taking your calls live.

Ronald, one thing I want to clear up. I still don`t understand why she didn`t call 911 the minute she realized Haleigh was gone. Or was it a matter of timing?

RONALD CUMMINGS: I think she was still looking to make sure that Haleigh -- she wasn`t going to make a false 911 call. She was making sure that Haleigh was not, you know, up in the bathroom or in a...

GRACE: Got it.

RONALD CUMMINGS: ... got up and moved up to another room or whatever. You know, I think she was just being sure that...

GRACE: So when you pull up -- when you pull up, she`s still looking?

RONALD CUMMINGS: Absolutely.

GRACE: OK. All right. I get it.

And another inconsistency for Ron, Misty, TN and GGM
CUMMINGS: Because we can go in that house right now where they -- we can go in -- yes, absolutely. I disagree. We can go in that house right now with a camera and turn that kitchen that light on. And from the bedroom you can see it. It don`t matter if you go to the bathroom that`s across the house or the one that`s in that bedroom. You can see that the kitchen light is on. It shines. It`s black in the house.

1) Haleigh's afraid of the dark, so why would the house be BLACK?
2) GGM and TN have BOTH said that they ALWAYS have the TV blaring *day and night*, so that's why Misty didn't hear Tommy knocking.

I could go on for days and days, but just one more BIG reason. For that reason, please see my signature picture. Ron and his "enemy".

It sure is funny that with his "bad temper" RC didn't go after Misty or force her to tell him the truth about that night!!! Of course he didn't go balistic on Misty---he's in on it. He married her for pete's sake! He didn't go after anyone or look for Haleigh.

As far as I'm concerned RC got away with murder.

I believe Ron had/has knowledge of what happened from the beginning. I don't know what his involvement was but just having knowledge of a crime, being deceptive or withholding information is a crime itself.

I have no doubt Ron loved Haleigh but Ron knows/knew. Oh I remember , "Don't look at me, find Haleigh."

I don't think the decal on the front windshield was ever discussed. I must credit the capture of this picture to cranky. Thank-you wherever you are.
Click to view.

View attachment 8848

Wow...I have never seen that...

So we have "ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME" on the back of the truck and
"GOD WILL DELIVER DADDY'S LIL GIRL" on the front of the truck?

GOD WILL DELIVER DADDY'S LIL GIRL.....ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME

Sounds to me like Ron had convinced himself that Haleigh was in a better place.....and that God would be there for her....Everytime I say the line above, the word Deliverance pops into my head, I don't know why...

de•liv•er•ance (d -l v r- ns, -l v r ns)
n.
1. The act of delivering or the condition of being delivered.
2. Rescue from bondage or danger.
3. A publicly expressed opinion or judgment, such as the verdict of a jury.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deliverance

And the verdict is..........."ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME"

If Ron were "in on it" the Croslins would have blabbed that long ago. They have had no hesitation about throwing anyone under the bus and Ron would be no exception. With him in jail with nearly a million dollar bond they could have no fear he would harm them. Given his love for HaLeigh if he knew who harmed her he would have killed them in a New York minute.
maybe they didn't rat on him out of fear, maybe it was because they themselves were involved-either just as much or more, & ratting would = a confession. If Ron orchestrated this cover-up, I think he did a good job making them all culpable. I recently posted about my friend's personal experience with group culpability, & that could be what happened here.

Click to view.

View attachment 8848
That decal bugged a lot of people, but for me it was that tattoo. memorial tattoo, plain & simple.

Absolutely, he knew from "Go."

maybe they didn't rat on him out of fear, maybe it was because they themselves were involved-either just as much or more, & ratting would = a confession. If Ron orchestrated this cover-up, I think he did a good job making them all culpable. I recently posted about my friend's personal experience with group culpability, & that could be what happened here.

Oh, they're involved...This was a family affair and not just for the Croslins.

Soooooo....

Tommy took LE to the "crime scene" on Sunday/Monday
LE starting searching the "crime scene" on Monday
LE gathered the family together, (Cummings&Sheffields) on Monday
Ron and Misty were both taken to the station on Monday
LE flies to TN to interview Jo on Tuesday
Ron has a meeting with LE on Wednesday
Misty is taken to the "crime scene" on wednesday
LE tells us this is ruled a homocide on Wednesday/Thursday
LE tells us they have 'persons of interest' on Thursday
Ron meets with his lawyer on Friday

Is that correct?

Whatever the reason Ron had for putting that dead rat in Tommy's mailbox is now unfolding right before our eyes. Whatever Tommy told them involved Ron..LE found Tommy's information credible probably based on other evidence. After LE talked to Tommy, they started searching and brought the family in to "update' them on the case. LE went to TN to corraborate Tommy's story...When LE got back, on Wednesday they had a meeting with Ron (not the whole family-just Ron...if it was only to give him an update why wasn't the whole family invited? They invited them Monday to give updates, why not Wednesday?). On the same day, Misty is taken to the search area. After all of this goes down....LE says it is a homocide and that they have "persons of interest". Friday, Ron needed to speak with his lawyer.

Ron is definitely guilty in my book. JMO though

& a lot of posters were trying to read into LE getting a little choked up during the presser. Many were thinking it was because of the sordid details. I thought it might have something to do with Ron. I think if it had been because of Joe, or whatever, there would''ve been a lot more visible anger. But this is just a guess, on my part.

It's been my opinion from the beginning, that Ron was either covering for himself or covering for Misty. I don't know which would be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop