2010.04.19 Judge Strickland IS stepping down

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!! I was not expecting all this happiness in this thread. So I guess now we agree that there was sufficient cause for JS to recuse himself. Good to see LOL! I agree with the sentiment "be careful what you wish for" in regards to the defense :)

Please don't assume we are all in agreement on the issue of sufficient cause. I, for one, strongly disagree with you.

Mark Eiglarsh on JVM just said they spun the wheel hoping they would get Mr. Liberal Judge who somehow doesn't care if mothers don't report their child missing. LOL

One thing is certain. There isn't ANYONE who comes in contact with Casey that doesn't get sucked down and ruined. I can only hope the same goes for her defense team. I hope THEY TOO rue the day they ever heard the name Casey Anthony. For as much mud slinging her "team" or "boys" have done I hope they get a heap of manure leveled at them some day. Preferably while cameras are rolling.

That woman destroys everything she comes in contact with, or even casually knows.

JSR - at first glance it may seem JS got sucked in and besmirched but anyone who reads that granted motion will see this is definitely not the case for the Judge.

That was a boomerang if I've ever seen one! Bonk!

WOW!!!! I was not expecting all this happiness in this thread. So I guess now we agree that there was sufficient cause for JS to recuse himself. Good to see LOL! I agree with the sentiment "be careful what you wish for" in regards to the defense :)

That's quite a leap you make there... have you actually read the thread to see what we were all laughing about?

Nope, Judge Strickland didn't do a thing wrong, in fact, he did everything right, just and fair including, "Ms. Anthony and the truth are strangers."

And because Judge Strickland is fair, and he is honest, which ranks him far above the Defense, he stepped down out of a gentleman's courtesy, nothing more.

I am certainly not happy that JS has stepped down and although I am not a legal mind, I don't agree that there was sufficient cause.

The only thing I'm happy about is that JS didn't let the defense team get to him without a fight. JS let it be known how he felt and went "down" with a blaze!

JMOO

Excellent comment but could we just say "moved over" with a blaze? Fits a bit better methinks. It wasn't easy for him to do but only because he was laughing so hard.

Judge Strickland has stepped down from the case, not what I would have preferred, but he acted in the best interests of Caylee.

One bright spot - KC is still in jail. If the defense elects to re file a lot of their motions that were denied, it may put the trial off even longer - but KC will still be in jail. If it takes 5 years to bring this case to trial - KC will still be in jail. Do I want to wait another 5 years to get justice for Caylee? NO, but I can wait because KC is still in jail!

JSR - at first glance it may seem JS got sucked in and besmirched but anyone who reads that granted motion will see this is definitely not the case for the Judge.

That was a boomerang if I've ever seen one! Bonk!

I don't think JS was sucked in I just hate that all the news stations even have to report that he "stepped down" as if he did something wrong. And he didn't. He did do the RIGHT thing. To ensure that there will be NO appellate issues down the line.

I just hope and pray that the defense regrets this motion, and soon. It was a low blow for them to file the motion in the first place.

Oh lordy...on JVM they are now talking about how KC might now ask for a new defense attorney. How long can KC and/or her defense drag this out?

Justice for Caylee soon!

The defense called him an aggrandizing media hound? As Judge Strickland said, "Indeed, the irony is rich here."

Oh lordy...on JVM they are now talking about how KC might now ask for a new defense attorney. How long can KC and/or her defense drag this out?

Justice for Caylee soon!

Delay delay delay is the name of the defense game. FL will be lucky if this case goes to trial in 5 years.

Can anyone clarify the term "tight boots" for me?

I haven't heard that saying where I come from and am wondering if it is universally used down south and what does it mean - something about blood restriction to the brain, perhaps?

Justice for Caylee soon!

Thank Heavens it's JVM also known as" Legal LaLa Land" or "Take a Wild Legal Guess and to heck with the facts".

The only thing I'm happy about is that JS didn't let the defense team get to him without a fight. JS let it be known how he felt and went "down" with a blaze!

JMOO

I don't think I've ever seen "kiss my butt" written so politely and eloquently before...

Judge Strickland has stepped down from the case, not what I would have preferred, but he acted in the best interests of Caylee.

One bright spot - KC is still in jail. If the defense elects to re file a lot of their motions that were denied, it may put the trial off even longer - but KC will still be in jail. If it takes 5 years to bring this case to trial - KC will still be in jail. Do I want to wait another 5 years to get justice for Caylee? NO, but I can wait because KC is still in jail!

So. Who gets to tell KC the good news!!!!!!!

No we do not agree to that. What I agree to is that this despicable defense team manufactured what was sure to become an issue, of their own making, not of anything in reality, and Judge Strickland, being the wise, fair and just man that he is did not care to jeopardize anything that would allow the defense to have appellate issues. He does not want this trial to happen again, and if in this manufacturing of something where there was nothing at all, Jose's client is uncomfortable with his ability to maintain fairness, then by all means, to prevent ANY possibility of that coming to fruition FOR the defense-he stepped down. He did nothing wrong and he lets us know that in a myriad of ways in his motion. I do agree the defense should have been VERY careful what they wish for, because what they have now is a MUCH tougher road ahead of them with Judge Blevins.

I'm so unbelievably sick of KC & her defense! I seriously need to take a break! Between this case and Haleigh, I am way too emotionally invested. (sorry had to vent) It's so sad seeing JS go. I love his response though and I too hope so much the next judge puts JB et al in THEIR PLACE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop