2010.04.30 Casey Anthony: Friday hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching parts of the hearing again on tru[tv. Would someone please get a shirt that actually fits Casey?! You can see her bra at the neckline and she can't ever stop pulling on her shirts - ever! Just put her in a knit top and be done with it already! The button ups aren't working for her!

I fully expect the new judge to ask Mr. Cheney if this argument was filed using the tax payers money. Then I fully expect him to be reprimanded in open court for it.

Very astute remark mdo's and very relevant.

I hope the court and JAC take note.

moo

Watching parts of the hearing again on tru[tv. Would someone please get a shirt that actually fits Casey?! You can see her bra at the neckline and she can't ever stop pulling on her shirts - ever! Just put her in a knit top and be done with it already! The button ups aren't working for her!

Hey, talk to Cindy, apparently she is the one that picks out the apparel...some tit for tat going on there fur sure!!!

:)

I thought Tru TV was going to replay the hearing from beginning to end. :waitasec:

It doesn't seem to request any action (such as sanctions or reversal of the Order) simply a sort of last word from defense team.

Think of it as a "dear John" letter to Judge Strickland

Dear Judge,

We acknowledge your Order recusing yourself from the case but want it on the record that we were insulted by the wording of your order as it reflected on us in a bad light. We also think it was unfair for you to suggest that the media got hold of the motion prior to filing through us. Someone from the press must have seen one of us going into the courthouse with papers and then used their pyschic abilities to read what our motion (asking you to step down) contained and reporting on it prior to our actually getting it filed.

We also take exception to the way you accuse us of filing the motion at the 11th hour when really, we filed the motion at quarter til the 11th hour if you must know.

Lastly, we were very isulted when you made official notice of our error in notarizing the Motion to Recuse with an outdated no longer valid notary stamp.

Long Objection short, you've embarrassed us.

No love lost here,

Casey's boys (and Diana)

I fully expect the new judge to ask Mr. Cheney if this argument was filed using the tax payers money. Then I fully expect him to be reprimanded in open court for it.

Another question, sorry! Can Judge Perry do that?:waitasec:

So we can get back on track with the hearing today I am going to start a thread about this motion, so we can discuss the motion separately.

I agree that the judge would not be afraid to bring in new technology, I just think he would be hesitant to allow groundbreaking technology into a high profile DP case. On the other hand, this case has been filled with numerous twists and turns, so I guess it would not be terribly surprising if the air sample was allowed in.

Although it would be the very first time to be introduced into a court in Florida he may just allow it based on the fact that it is a National Laboratory which has already done a wide amount of accepted research in other areas of "Air Sampling" etc. In any case the defense will have the opportunity to attempt to dissuade the reliabilty of the new technology.

It isn't like the Oak Ridge air sample is the only device that encountered the scent/odor of decomp there was the very most reliable of all-the noses of professionals! Ca, a RN, GA a former Police Officer, Simon Birch, Tow guy etc...list goes on and on. This device is not new and very reliable!

I got to page 19, I am going to move forward and make a comment.

Today was a wakeup call for everyone. I like this Judge because he appears to be firm but fair. Jb's demeaner was respectful. Ldb's demeaner was respectful. The tit for tat is over, and yes that is the best thing for Kc and her fair trial. The way I feel right now, after seeing Your Honor in action, I feel the whole truth can now prevail. Thank you Your Honor.

Ps, I do not normally approve of any name calling, it is just not my style. However, the Jb, peewee herman comparison is hillarious. He really does look like he has the whole world in his hands. Lol

BBM. Please clarify. Are you implying that the Honorable Judge Strickland was not (or wouldn't be in future proceedings) a fair and impartial Judge in Florida v. Casey??? That Judge Strickland was somehow impeding "the whole truth" as you like to phrase it?? Please explain, thanks!

Today was a wakeup call for everyone. I like this Judge because he appears to be firm but fair. Jb's demeaner was respectful. Ldb's demeaner was respectful. The tit for tat is over, and yes that is the best thing for Kc and her fair trial. The way I feel right now, after seeing Your Honor in action, I feel the whole truth can now prevail. Thank you Your Honor.

Ps, I do not normally approve of any name calling, it is just not my style. However, the Jb, peewee herman comparison is hillarious. He really does look like he has the whole world in his hands. Lol

NTS I am confused as to how the "whole truth" would have been prevented if Judge S. were still @ the helm? I believe the motion to recuse wasn't based on integrity or truthfulness, but based on media bias?

Could you please explain?

One question....

If they got Casey to act in the appropriate manner today, which she did, why did it take nearly a year and a half?

I agree that the judge would not be afraid to bring in new technology, just think he would be hesitant to allow groundbreaking technology into a high profile DP case. On the other hand, this case has been filled with numerous twists and turns, so I guess it would not be terribly surprising if the air sample was allowed in.

DNA had it's FIRST and Air Sample Testing will also have it's FIRST in a courtroom.
Will it be the court case of Florida vs Casey Anthony..that has yet to be determined.

Florida, more specifically Orange County Court, is no stranger when it comes to admitting new technology in a court case.
In 1988 the DNA fingerprint was first admitted as evidence in court in the case of Florida v. Tommy Lee Andrews.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/case/revolution/wars.html

"In one of the first uses of DNA in a criminal case in the United States, in November 1987, the Circuit Court in Orange County, Florida, convicted Tommy Lee Andrews of rape after DNA tests matched his DNA from a blood sample with that of semen traces found in a rape victim.10

QUESTION HERE???? I wonder why when the judge asked today about any motion that had been filed or that were going to be filed, why o why did JB not mention this one. It was obviously already written so why did he not bring it to the Judge's attention. Me thinks he was scared to because it is just ridiculous.

DNA had it's FIRST and Air Sample Testing will also have it's FIRST in a courtroom.
Will it be the court case of Florida vs Casey Anthony..that has yet to be determined.

Florida, more specifically Orange County Court, is no stranger when it comes to admitting new technology in a court case.
In 1988 the DNA fingerprint was first admitted as evidence in court in the case of Florida v. Tommy Lee Andrews.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/case/revolution/wars.html

"In one of the first uses of DNA in a criminal case in the United States, in November 1987, the Circuit Court in Orange County, Florida, convicted Tommy Lee Andrews of rape after DNA tests matched his DNA from a blood sample with that of semen traces found in a rape victim.10

Thank you so much for bringing this forth. Judge Perry showed himself today to be a firm, fair and no nonsense kind of judge. I do believe it will be a fight though. Cannot wait to see if the SA will get it!

BBM
hypothetical question: Would you still feel this way if JBP denies the change of venue and admits Oak Ridge Air testing?

Watching the replay on Tru TV... When Baez first begins to speak and he's stumbling around, Mason covers his mouth and whispers to Baez to "slow down". Not very subtle. Heh...

Mason won't, he was about to retire before he decided become one of Casey's lawyer and will most likely retire after this trial
Baez though may have to face JS again one day unless he, JS, retires.

IIRC Judge Strickland was rotated to Civil Court last year but remained the judge for this criminal case.

What it says to me is that JB has no intention of practicing once he makes his millions off of this case.

Sorry folks,

one other quick note to make about the hearing, when Jeff Aston was talking about penalty phase witness's, Baez got very uncomfortable, he did not like hearing that and neither did Casey. Thought I should point it out.

Sorry folks,

one other quick note to make about the hearing, when Jeff Aston was talking about penalty phase witness's, Baez got very uncomfortable, he did not like hearing that and neither did Casey. Thought I should point it out.

Yes we all noticed. Also GA and CA got squirmy about it, also when he mentioned if Casey is in fact "found guilty of murder"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member