2010.05.07 Hank says Misty and Tommy didn't hurt Haleigh

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hanks entire statement only says one thing to me:

He believes Haleigh's death was unintentional.

Something horrible happened, the exact details he doesn't know.
Clearly he knows they are lying and they are deep into the disposal and cover up.
He specifically says his heart breaks for Ron (which to me says it did happen on Misty's watch not Ron's, not that that makes him any less responsible since he left her in Misty's care).

BBM: I agree, and Hank's statement also tells me that HaLeigh was not taken (kidnapped). Hank indicates that the little girl was "hurt", and I think he probably knows that her injuries were fatal. jmo

I wasn't around much yesterday and missed most of this thread so this may have been mentioned.

As I watch these cases and see how many parents of these perps that deny their childrens' involvement, or even water down their involvement, it shows me that the practice of not allowing your kids to suffer their own consequences really does have a dire effect in their adulthood. For those who are still raising their kids, remember that even though today it is hard to give your kids discipline and watch them hurt in their consequences, the time will end and you'll rejoice when they succeed as adults and you can look back and say to yourself "I did the right thing". That's what matters. :grouphug:

BBM & Just jumping off your Hank Sr. quote there Kimmer. (By the way - hiya Kimmer!!)

:waitasec:

If, as Hank says "they are found innocent ... of not harming her" ... does that make them guilty of harming her? :innocent:

Is that freudian or is Hank just confused or both?

I honestly think this family is just extremely uneducated [..and I mean no disrespect- it's actually rather sad, imo]. The way I took his statement is that: he believes his children are innocent of harming Haleigh, but maybe guilty of knowing/covering something. Why not just say: "They are innocent" [period]. Why throw in: "of not harming her"?

disability is a long and tiring process. It took me 6 yrs and every dr i was sent to by the gov said i was 100 percent disabled still i had to hire a lawyer and go to court.
as for free courses to learn to read i have a feeling even if he could find one it would be no walk in the park to get to them. No public transportation.
the resources that are readily available in larger towns with a larger population with better incomes are not always so in the smaller countys.

Of course he should have bettered himself in the past when he had a chance to, now its not so easy.

I have heard horror stories of having to hire lawyers to qualify for disability. My husband, however, had no problem whatsoever. I assume it depends on the type of injury or illness that prevents one from working. Age also makes a difference as to whether or not you can be retrained to a different occupation. My husband went on disability last October. We went in armed with records from an orthopedic surgeon, two vascular surgeons and a cardiologist. We had an approval in 3 weeks with absolutely no problems.

I have heard horror stories of having to hire lawyers to qualify for disability. My husband, however, had no problem whatsoever. I assume it depends on the type of injury or illness that prevents one from working. Age also makes a difference as to whether or not you can be retrained to a different occupation. My husband went on disability last October. We went in armed with records from an orthopedic surgeon, two vascular surgeons and a cardiologist. We had an approval in 3 weeks with absolutely no problems.

My daughter had no trouble either. As a matter of fact hers went thru so fast she had to be turned down when they realized she was too young still. We were told by disability to file at least 8 months prior to her 18 bday.
I think it has a lot to do with who gets your case.

I guess disablity is different in every state...it took a year for me to be denied and another year to eventually get approved w/help of a lawyer, so I was at home not working for 2 years before it was approved...very stressful two years I might add. I don't know if Hank has ever applied but without help from someone, it is not easy to do, requires lots of paperwork and patience and if he can barely read/write, it would be daunting.

I guess disablity is different in every state...it took a year for me to be denied and another year to eventually get approved w/help of a lawyer, so I was at home not working for 2 years before it was approved...very stressful two years I might add. I don't know if Hank has ever applied but without help from someone, it is not easy to do, requires lots of paperwork and patience and if he can barely read/write, it would be daunting.

Most Attorneys will work without any upfront money to get your disability. They take a percentage if you get awarded and it goes back to when you applied. The thing you have to remember is; Disability payments are gauged on your lifetime of work wages. So if you worked for minimum wage, you will not get more than maybe $300 dollars a month, it is based on your earnings. He has to apply the first time by himself then an Attorney will be willing to reapply if he is denied. So even if he does a bad job on the first application and gets denied, that's okay. He has to apply to get started. Too bad no one is at least helping them in this area. They need some sort of social worker to get them started to getting their lives back. Rehab is out unless it is a free deal, but maybe a 12 step program in the area, or sponsor for them.

Once he gets the disability claim and checks, he has to wait 15 months before he is eligible for health benefits which $ come out of your check. Hope this gives you an idea of what they are up against.

I think it depends on the state you live in as to how easy it is to get disability. I know 2 Vietnam vets who became disabled in the last couple of years. Both went in with all their dr records and recommendations and were refused. One hired an attorney and got his disability after 6 months. The other died. Both of these guys worked hard all their life. It's really sad the way our vets are treated.

He's got this part right:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23488043/detail.html

"It's like the whole world has condemned us, and we didn't do nothing."

16 months now and his two children have kept their yaps shut and refused to tell LE what the truth is about the night Haleigh went missing. They have both told so many stories it is obvious they know what happened otherwise they would have zero to say about it instead of waiting until they are in deep trouble to speak. 16 months and nothing but mistruths from this bunch, despicable and worthy of condemnation. Hard to tell which is worse, doing nothing, or saying nothing. Don't blame the world Hank Sr - go get the truth out of your children - DO SOMETHING. They have brought this into your world, no one else.
What are they supposed to do? They can't get the truth from them no one can. . Its pathetically sad and angers me too

I think it depends on the state you live in as to how easy it is to get disability. I know 2 Vietnam vets who became disabled in the last couple of years. Both went in with all their dr records and recommendations and were refused. One hired an attorney and got his disability after 6 months. The other died. Both of these guys worked hard all their life. It's really sad the way our vets are treated.

OMG how awful for the vets!

Thank you for caring about us Veterans. I served proudly for 20 years and I am a Vietnam Veteran, but you'd be surprised how many Veterans I've seen end up on the streets because they can't get any help. To those of you who care thank you for your kindness!

There must be something wrong with me but his comments didn't even make me raise an eyebrow.

They are his children. I would expect for him to be supportive. I wouldn't expect for him to speak to media about any thoughts or worries he had about their culpability. JMHO.

I've read (here) that they both may have addiction problems (mom and dad croslin) addiction can be a familial disease. Usually when someone has one (or both) parents in a home who are addicted to a substance the whole family is effected. KWIM? The effects can be generational even if the addiction isn't carried forward by the children (which in this case they have been by at least 2 of them).

I'm not bothered by his statements. In fact, IMHO it shows he does love his children. Further IMHO addicts do love their children. As deeply as I love my own. It's just that the addiction(s) skew their priorities and their abilty to parent effectively.

All of the above is only MHO.

Thank you for caring about us Veterans. I served proudly for 20 years and I am a Vietnam Veteran, but you'd be surprised how many Veterans I've seen end up on the streets because they can't get any help. To those of you who care thank you for your kindness!

No, THANK YOU for your service to our country!!!

What happened to the Taures LP bought them? That was a nice car...I saw HC filling it up one day.

Jailhouse visit increasingly used in court cases
Shoar raises question: Does it serve justice?

Posted: May 9, 2010 By Dana Treen
"Snip"

Hank Croslin Sr., father of Misty and Tommy, said people frequently recognize him and his wife on the street. Both are shown in jail visitation recordings talking with their children.

"I don't see how they can get a fair trial here," he said. "If they had a jury trial, I know she wouldn't get a fair trial."

Croslin Sr. said his son will no longer discuss his case in calls home and his daughter also says less.

More at article link: http://staugustine.com/news/local-ne...ed-court-cases

I think your spot on about misusing either/ while I don't think he thinks he misused it. He doesn't think either one hurt the baby. jmo

ITA. It is clear from the context that he does not want to believe that either one of them hurt her. Just a case of grammarcide.

While I have my sympathy for the straits Hank Sr and the wife find themselves in, with two of their children in jail and no answers, a whole bunch of it was of their own making. Illiteracy does not automatically equal drug use and raising your children to be dang near illiterate also. No matter if you are young or old parents you should want more for your children than you had for yourself, and do what you can to ensure that happens.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, just my opinion. My great grandmother, bless her, could not write her name. However, all of her children graduated high school and most went to college - during the depression. She was a raw boned Southern woman who worked hard. Yes, circumstances are different and life does deal some wild cards, but you do what you have to do.

What happened to the Taures LP bought them? That was a nice car...I saw HC filling it up one day.
Could you please leave me a pm or a link to this...I've been searching and unable to find it! TIA

Has dyselxia entered anyones head yet? Yes, dyslexia tends to run in families.

These children go to a public school and literally get lost threw the cracks, trust me, I KNOW!
As for wanting more for their children, the most obvious answer is yes, of course, but you can't change a persons intelligence no matter how hard you try.

While I have my sympathy for the straits Hank Sr and the wife find themselves in, with two of their children in jail and no answers, a whole bunch of it was of their own making. Illiteracy does not automatically equal drug use and raising your children to be dang near illiterate also. No matter if you are young or old parents you should want more for your children than you had for yourself, and do what you can to ensure that happens.
Sorry if that sounds harsh, just my opinion. My great grandmother, bless her, could not write her name. However, all of her children graduated high school and most went to college - during the depression. She was a raw boned Southern woman who worked hard. Yes, circumstances are different and life does deal some wild cards, but you do what you have to do.

I don't like the saying " if I can do it anyone can". I don't believe that's true. Not everyone has the same strengths or weaknesses. I think there is way more than, just the drugs and lack of education going on with both parents in this case. I don't blame, Hank for not wanting to believe his children could have hurt or killed, Haleigh. I don't know any parent who would say anything different then he has said. He is not trying to cover up for his children like some other parents we know, who are educated and not drug user's and seem to have a normal IQ JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew
Back