2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes and additionally children of Kyron's age group are in the PreOperational stage of development. It is a very difficult age. Children at this age are prone to egocentric thinking, (not egotisitic, they literally don't understand other perspectives) they are rigid and difficult. It can be a very rough bratty age. It could also be the Kyron came across as a spoiled brat to the two women and they felt he was going to grow up just like Kaine. So they felt no sympathy for him at all. Especially if TH felt he was being mean to Baby K.

What happens in a Grand Jury is secret. IF that is true (and I don't think it is) then there is a leak. An illegal leak.

ETA: I see what you mean. And I agree. I think they got it wrong. Again.

bbm>

I know.

What happens in a Grand Jury is secret. IF that is true (and I don't think it is) then there is a leak. An illegal leak.

ETA: I see what you mean. And I agree. I think they got it wrong. Again.

I remember thinking, when I first read this passage, that it was silly to have secret grand jury where witnesses are allowed to talk about their testimonies...so I went back and found what I'd read. Granted, this example is federal court.

http://www.abanet.org/media/faqjury.html

Why can a grand jury witness talk about his or her testimony?

In the federal courts, the witness is not sworn to secrecy, and may disclose whatever he or she wishes to whomever he or she wishes. The witness exemption was adopted in part because it was thought that requiring witness secrecy was unrealistic and unenforceable, and in part to allow the witness to rebut rumors concerning his or her testimony. There is a basic revulsion in the United States about secret testimony.

Agreed. The DA has a few types of immunity deals at his/her disposal. I just can't see them letting DD off scott free if she actually assisted in the actual murder.

It also bothers me that her lawyer isn't a criminal atty. At least that's what I heard here at WS. That immunity deal is going to have to be reviewed with a fine tooth comb.

I don't know if they'll let her off scott free or not but I believe it's likely she and her lawyer cut a deal for her testimony. She may have bartered for a much lesser sentence than otherwise.

One would have to wonder why Terri called Dede in that day IF that's what happened. I don't think Terri's above asking other people to help her kill her family members. IF news reports have been true. We don't know how far Dede might go to help Terri, either. Or why.

Ok, the post says the Fox teaser said (or implied) that DeDe's attorney claimed she invoked the 5th.

Now stop and think about that.

He said she's due to go back before the grand jury and testify. If she was pleading the 5th, she wouldn't be planning on testifying. Because that's, like, what the 5th allows you to refuse.

JMO, but people who plead the fifth in cases involving a missing endangered child (i.e. Elizabeth Johnson) are the lowest of the low. Cannot get much more disgusting.

Needing immunity only proves she had her hand in something illegal. I have the feeling it's regarding the MFH and not Kyron, but you never know.

Question: Let's just say her involvement was maybe impersonating TH at the gym that day . . . IF she did that but didn't know why, could she be charged with something?

If she didn't know that TH was up to something criminal why would she agree to impersonate TH at the gym? It is obvious that it is for an alibi. What other reason could TH have given DS for doing something like that?

I remember thinking, when I first read this passage, that it was silly to have secret grand jury where witnesses are allowed to talk about their testimonies...so I went back and found what I'd read. Granted, this example is federal court.

http://www.abanet.org/media/faqjury.html

You mean witnesses can tell other people? Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks! I was reading something yesterday about the benefits of GJ's and it all sounded good and reasonable to me.

If she didn't know that TH was up to something criminal why would she agree to impersonate TH at the gym? It is obvious that it is for an alibi. What other reason could TH have given DS for doing something like that?

Very good. Anyway, even if Dede didn't know a thing initially (which I don't believe for a nanosecond), there would be no reason for her to hold the info close to the vest once she learned Kyron was missing. Except evil.

Ok, the post says the Fox teaser said (or implied) that DeDe's attorney claimed she invoked the 5th.

He said she's due to go back before the grand jury and testify. If she was pleading the 5th, she wouldn't be planning on testifying. Because that's, like, what the 5th allows you to refuse.

She might tell them about one thing, but not another.

Where's Kyron?
How does your garden grow?

she pled the fifth yesterday.... to get time for a grant of transactional immunity... and she will return at a later date to testify under that umbrella.

moo

Obviously DeDe was in the home with Terri after Kaine left..
If she was privy to any discussions between Terri and her attorney, would she be advised to plead the 5th?

Yes and additionally children of Kyron's age group are in the PreOperational stage of development. It is a very difficult age. Children at this age are prone to egocentric thinking, (not egotisitic, they literally don't understand other perspectives) they are rigid and difficult. It can be a very rough bratty age. It could also be the Kyron came across as a spoiled brat to the two women and they felt he was going to grow up just like Kaine. So they felt no sympathy for him at all. Especially if TH felt he was being mean to Baby K.

I recall hearing the child would not even get out of bed or leave his bedroom until someone gave him permission to do so..That doesn't sound like a spoiled brat to me...More like he was timid, scared, and was brow beaten into submission...JMO

I recall hearing the child would not even get out of bed or leave his bedroom until someone gave him permission to do so..That doesn't sound like a spoiled brat to me...More like he was timid, scared, and was brow beaten into submission...JMO

The only scenario I see any parent doing a child this way is Christmas morning.
How very sad :frown:

Gosh, I'll have to disagree with the thinking that 2nd graders are at a difficult age. Most folks I know find them delightful.
Much of what you describe behavior-wise, I've seen fairly often in 14-17 year olds, but not in 7 or 8 year olds.

she pled the fifth yesterday.... to get time for a grant of transactional immunity... and she will return at a later date to testify under that umbrella.

moo

Where is the link to this information? I'm genuinely curious. I thought her pleading the 5th and transactional immunity was all speculation on the part of posters here and pundits on the news.

I'm thinking it's possible TH called her up and sent her to some stores to pick up a few things saying she's running out of time etc. I probably wouldn't question a friend making that request of me. Which would make sense LE saying TH's phone doesn't match where she said she was. And think about this. We don't know when DD left the house she was working on. We only know when two people noticed her missing. She could be the person who got that 10AM receipt that TH is supposedly using as proof.

Obviously DeDe was in the home with Terri after Kaine left..
If she was privy to any discussions between Terri and her attorney, would she be advised to plead the 5th?

High profile attorneys with high profile clients avoid incriminating conversations outside the office. Too many ways for others to snoop and record it. My attorneys only spoke to me on the phone to tell me when to come to their office. Later they determined my phone probably was tapped at some point. Yep, I've lead an interesting life.

I'm thinking it's possible TH called her up and sent her to some stores to pick up a few things saying she's running out of time etc. I probably wouldn't question a friend making that request of me. Which would make sense LE saying TH's phone doesn't match where she said she was. And think about this. We don't know when DD left the house she was working on. We only know when two people noticed her missing. She could be the person who got that 10AM receipt that TH is supposedly using as proof.

News I read said Dede left abruptly at a specific time. Also news I've read said Terri's cell phone placed her miles away from Kyron's school at the time she said she was at Kyron's school with him. Dede's got about 1 hr 45 minutes missing time. Those news stories are in the links thread.

Where did you hear the info you're talking about because it's different than what's been in news and on the Dateline documentary last nite.

News I read said Dede left abruptly at a specific time. Also news I've read said Terri's cell phone placed her miles away from Kyron's school at the time she said she was at Kyron's school with him. Dede's got about 1 hr 45 minutes missing time. Those news stories are in the links thread.

Where did you hear the info you're talking about because it's different than what's been in news and on the Dateline documentary last nite.

I've never read she abrubtly left. But I will double check. Also I've never heard that specific of info about TH's phone pings. Just that she was not where she said she was compared to her phone. And she said she was at a store 10am ish and can prove it.

Also, the dateline video will not play for me and I haven't been able to watch yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back