2010.10.29 Status Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not a lawyer and even I remember those videos very well. They were a long time ago, and George was told about Cindy ranking ICA high on honesty, etc. -a bunch of B.S.

I bet if I looked around the internet or on our media threads way back I could even FIND them so CM/JB can just watch them online! I wouldn't even charge the JAC a penny.

LOL that would be funny. But send them through the judge's office, so he will know that they were out there for the defense if they just looked. That civilans could find them, even if the defense couldn't.

I'm not a lawyer and even I remember those videos very well. They were a long time ago, and George was told about Cindy ranking ICA high on honesty, etc. -a bunch of B.S.

I bet if I looked around the internet or on our media threads way back I could even FIND them so CM/JB can just watch them online! I wouldn't even charge the JAC a penny.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmM7tBm2s1w[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0AQ6syXqcU[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XChDuqhbJeQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lv4y339pXw[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEFdGuKhV_U[/ame]
here is the part you are looking for in the above tape
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsf0g0evsDg[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRs7DjtuCwU[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcGa1WXFPlA[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P7ctBlt-jc[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YRwnoCqjNU[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7yR86-eHak[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MOk823_vuA[/ame]

Wasn't this too pertaining to the 'Fry Hearing' stuff that has not been filed. Defense complaining about not knowing about these FBI interviews; come to find out, the state had given them a disk with all the video, transcripts etc. And CM/JB upset because it wasn't 'paper' documentation. That is when JP said to give him the disk and he would have it transcribe at a lesser cost for them........

Whew -- when will everyone stop doing their work for them??????? And JB closing out the hearing by telling JP how diligently they have been working on everything!! Is he just now finding out that he might have bit off more than they can chew??? LOL.

This one had to do with when LE went to Texas to see Tim Miller and took some TES docs back with them kept the originals and sent Tim photocopies back....when the Defense went to LE to review evidence with LDB.
The Defense was blaming LE/SAO and LDB quickly became angered by it. she told the Court the Defense had the opportunity to see anything they wanted the day they went to LE with their experts...they never asked.

The Frye Hearing one was when the Judge asked Mason if he was going to submit a motion for a Frye hearing...Mason said Yes..Judge said When..Mason began to complain that he needed transcripts from the SAO from the Body farm depositions..Ashton quickly chimed in that Baez had personally audio recorded all those depositions...and at the end the judge said to take his audio recordings to someone, can't remember her name, to have it transcribed..

I think I have that straight...:crazy:

I just re-watched all 4 videos. Random thoughts & observations:

• Especially in the 1st video when Baez is arguing his motion citing Bent, Casey is thisclose to hyperventilating. Obviously, this privacy thing was a very, very big deal to her. I thought she was going to lose it when Judge Perry was denying the motion. She had a rough time controlling her emotions.
  • Baez really, really believed he was going to win the Bent argument. It was still disjointed and scattered - not a great presentation at all, but it was by far the best argument to date he has made before the court. He actually cited case law and you could tell he had at least studied the case law, even if he interpreted it with a sweeping defense slant. I didn't even hear one "umm" during the entire argument.
  • Ann Finnell needs some good listening skills. She interrupted HHJP far too often. Other than that, I liked her. In fact, part of me felt sorry for her. I think she got blindsided by a few things today (prior defense stuff, stipulations, orders, etc.) that JB and CM had not made her aware of. She was respectful of the Court and didn't ask for ridiculous amounts of money. She even said, "should this Court choose to deny my request, I will remain a part of the defense team." She seemed reasonable enough to me.
  • The TES records are EVERYTHING to the defense. It is insane how obsessed they are about those damn records. It is unbelievable how many times I heard them referenced and they had ZERO to do with THIS hearing. How is TES relevant when the motions heard were in re. privacy (Bent argument) or with JAC funding?
  • Cheney Mason.....I am still trying to figure out how to express my feelings about that man w/o getting a time out or banned.:angel: I'll just say that JB may be ignorant, but CM is filthy dirty. I don't like either one but I can stomach incompetence better than evil.
  • It was fun to see the fiesty side of LDB. You go girl! I was proud that she finally blew and exposed the defense (CM's) lies and misrepresentations to the Court. I believe every word she said about the defense posturing that the deadlines weren't enforceable. I'd bet my last cent that came straight out of CM's mouth.
  • Judge Perry certainly got my attention today. His demeanor was not lost on me. I think the SA got it. Pretty sure Ann Finnell got it, too. If JB and CM still they they can push him any further, they are fools.

You are very smart. I really loved this summation and interpretation of the day's events!

Wasn't this too pertaining to the 'Fry Hearing' stuff that has not been filed. Defense complaining about not knowing about these FBI interviews; come to find out, the state had given them a disk with all the video, transcripts etc. And CM/JB upset because it wasn't 'paper' documentation. That is when JP said to give him the disk and he would have it transcribe at a lesser cost for them........

Whew -- when will everyone stop doing their work for them??????? And JB closing out the hearing by telling JP how diligently they have been working on everything!! Is he just now finding out that he might have bit off more than they can chew??? LOL.

BBM

I think you are mixing up two different things, although they kind of ran together during that portion of the hearing. In re. the Frye hearing - HHJP wanted to know when the defense was going to make a motion for the hearing. The defense was blaming the SA for not producing the transcripts of the Oak Ridge (Body Farm) depos to them. JA or LDB (can't recall which one) pointed out that Baez had recorded the depos, so the defense DID have access to the testimony to review so they could compose the motion for a Frye hearing. That was what Judge Perry was offering to have transcribed for them. He ordered them to produce them to a specific clerk and she would oblige with the transcription request.

Indeed we have Intermezzo! Check it out, from FEBRUARY!! Thanks to MuziKman and the brilliant Mark Nejame for doing the right thing and filing this!

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=27552747

Moreover, each page (12 of them) is detailed very plainly here, so for Mason to say he has no idea how many or what is on the docs is just pointing out his very poor understanding of the discovery in his case!!! http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=27552747

I was going to go look for those myself to refresh my memory

I just re-watched all 4 videos. Random thoughts & observations:

• Especially in the 1st video when Baez is arguing his motion citing Bent, Casey is thisclose to hyperventilating. Obviously, this privacy thing was a very, very big deal to her. I thought she was going to lose it when Judge Perry was denying the motion. She had a rough time controlling her emotions.
  • Baez really, really believed he was going to win the Bent argument. It was still disjointed and scattered - not a great presentation at all, but it was by far the best argument to date he has made before the court. He actually cited case law and you could tell he had at least studied the case law, even if he interpreted it with a sweeping defense slant. I didn't even hear one "umm" during the entire argument.
  • Ann Finnell needs some good listening skills. She interrupted HHJP far too often. Other than that, I liked her. In fact, part of me felt sorry for her. I think she got blindsided by a few things today (prior defense stuff, stipulations, orders, etc.) that JB and CM had not made her aware of. She was respectful of the Court and didn't ask for ridiculous amounts of money. She even said, "should this Court choose to deny my request, I will remain a part of the defense team." She seemed reasonable enough to me.
  • The TES records are EVERYTHING to the defense. It is insane how obsessed they are about those damn records. It is unbelievable how many times I heard them referenced and they had ZERO to do with THIS hearing. How is TES relevant when the motions heard were in re. privacy (Bent argument) or with JAC funding?
  • Cheney Mason.....I am still trying to figure out how to express my feelings about that man w/o getting a time out or banned.:angel: I'll just say that JB may be ignorant, but CM is filthy dirty. I don't like either one but I can stomach incompetence better than evil.
  • It was fun to see the fiesty side of LDB. You go girl! I was proud that she finally blew and exposed the defense (CM's) lies and misrepresentations to the Court. I believe every word she said about the defense posturing that the deadlines weren't enforceable. I'd bet my last cent that came straight out of CM's mouth.
  • Judge Perry certainly got my attention today. His demeanor was not lost on me. I think the SA got it. Pretty sure Ann Finnell got it, too. If JB and CM still they they can push him any further, they are fools.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well Summarized!!!! BTW. Can you teach the Defense to do that?

BBM. This is a key point, HHJP sent a clear message and is only going to get stricter. If the Defense are going to thumb their nose and call his bluff then ... all I can say is that I am glad I live on the West coast when that fuse goes off!!

Duck, cover, and hold.

duck.gif

It seems the Judge has his eyes wide open when it comes to the Defense...and what important details they may have or may not have informed the new lawyer on the team about..
http://www.wftv.com/video/25569950/index.html
at the beginning
Judge: Ms Finnell, I don't know if they (Baez and Mason) have shared with you the following but all penalty phase witnesses must be listed by November the 30th..
Finnell speaks..but I can't hear...
Judge...says the she may be able to get an extension on the mental ? mitigation and proceeds to inform her that there has been an mitigation expert involved in this case since...?
Judge said whatever the dates are they're in my Order...

Judge Perry is holding the Defense to the dates in his Order regardless of the new additions to the team...

I remember watching those interview videos with the FBI wayyyy back w/George & his reaction to being told Cindy's answers to the 'rankings" of Casey...he was literally shaking his head and seemed sorta puzzled/incredulous IIRC. He knew Cindy wasn't telling the truth on that questionnaire!

I have been far from impressed by Mason ever since he joined the DT and every time he opens his mouth he only reinforces my opinion of him. I fail to see how he is helping in any way. At least Baez has the "excuse" of (tons of) inexperience, but Mason was touted as a GREAT addition to this case and all I have to say is HUH???

PS - Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I was amused to see Mason turn away & look upwards as if in prayer when Baez interrupted him & tried to explain to HHJP what Mason was trying to say at one point! Definitely some discord going on amongst the scheme team out in the open for all to see today - not a good thing, IMO. :D

O/T kinda
The TV on the desk in front of Casey..looks like she can see her parents behind her on TV

Maybe that's why she looks like she's gritting her teeth half the time, lol...

Wow! Judge Perry was none too happy when Ms. Burdick told the tale of "someone" from Baez' office telling their clerk that it was okay to schedule depositions on a date AFTER the time limit for taking depos will be expired.

When the Judge raised his voice a little and interrupted her by saying "Oh, no, no one said that!" you knew that he believed every word that she had just spoken! And did you notice how his tone changed? He became very... measured... in what he then said. That he would "take over the case" himself.

This Cheney dude, I honestly think there is something wrong with him "upstairs". I noticed that at one point during the exchange about the "missing" paperwork from the George and Cindy interviews both Cheney and Baez were standing. The judge was addressing them and then the judge asked Baez a question. I don't know if Cheney didn't like Baez's answer or what, but he literally turned his back on Baez as he (Baez) was answering the judge's question. Very bizarre.

It is appears very clear that this judge is aware the defense in this case is in way, way over it's head. He outright told them that they need not worry, he will guide the case. Wouldn't Mason theoretically know how to run a death penalty case? The judge directly admonished him to get the Frye hearing motion filed "very soon". Surely Mason is experienced enough to know to do this on time without having the court nudge him, yet he has not filed it yet and just comes up with a lame excuse.

I think the real underlying problem is they HAVE NO DEFENSE. Which I guess is not their fault, it is their client's fault because she did it.

Very interesting hearing.

Wow! Judge Perry was none too happy when Ms. Burdick told the tale of "someone" from Baez' office telling their clerk that it was okay to schedule depositions on a date AFTER the time limit for taking depos will be expired.

When the Judge raised his voice a little and interrupted her by saying "Oh, no, no one said that!" you knew that he believed every word that she had just spoken! And did you notice how his tone changed? He became very... measured... in what he then said. That he would "take over the case" himself.

This Cheney dude, I honestly think there is something wrong with him "upstairs". I noticed that at one point during the exchange about the "missing" paperwork from the George and Cindy interviews both Cheney and Baez were standing. The judge was addressing them and then the judge asked Baez a question. I don't know if Cheney didn't like Baez's answer or what, but he literally turned his back on Baez as he (Baez) was answering the judge's question. Very bizarre.

It is appears very clear that this judge is aware the defense in this case is in way, way over it's head. He outright told them that they need not worry, he will guide the case. Wouldn't Mason theoretically know how to run a death penalty case? The judge directly admonished him to get the Frye hearing motion filed "very soon". Surely Mason is experienced enough to know to do this on time without having the court nudge him, yet he has not filed it yet and just comes up with a lame excuse.

I think the real underlying problem is they HAVE NO DEFENSE. Which I guess is not their fault, it is their client's fault because she did it.

Very interesting hearing.

Very Perceptive. It seems to me that although we thought there was a 'dream team' of attorney's that we really had a collection of Prima Donna's maybe?

While HHJP is concerned about the Prosecution and Defense playing together well there is a far greater problem, that the Defense is not playing together well inside the internal ranks as well as at the Defense table.

We see the fallout in the loss of AL, LKB, etc ... CM has hired his personal team with AF, etc but if the two leads don't get on ... i.e., CM and JB then ICA is impacted.

CM and JB need to be joined at the hip and sing from the same choir sheet. If they are not on the same page then as we all saw today ... disharmony will be noticed by the Jury and that will only handicap them further.

JB is locked onto the case but he wants to play as lead and he either needs to make CM lead, as HHJP prefers or ... find a DP-qualified attorney that will play well alongside him. IMO

My sincere thanks to the members here that transcribed the hearing today.

About KC.

When is she going to come to the realization that she is accused and standing trial for the murder of Caylee Marie Anthony?

This isn't fusion where she can sashay into the night club and flash a brilliant smile and get her way, this isn't her Mom and Dad's house where she can demand with a sense of entitlement that she get her way.

This is no longer IMHO about KC.

This is about the State of Florida seeking justice for the Murder of Caylee Marie Anthony.

KC is just the defendent, the accused and IMHO a murderer.

Not about you anymore girlfriend. It's all about Caylee. (That is what gives me a sense of satisfaction). JMHO.

(paraphrased)

HHJP: Taxpayers do not allow you to go on fishing expeditions. You must show need. You can't go around using taxpayer money drilling for oil to try to find something (paraphrased) after Baez talked about finding 150 "potential" more witnesses who "may or may not be" involved at the site

A hint of the trial to come? JP elluding to the fact that the defense has nothing to go on, and are as likely at finding something as striking oil. Nice.

To our Websleuths members who helped transcribe and dissect today's events THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

You all have busy lives and I know I speak for our members when I say we appreciate you taking the time to help us understand everything that happened.

I am just now catching up on this very busy day in Casey's case.

I'll continue to say this until my last breath on this earth, You all are THE BEST.

Thank you,
Tricia

Listening to Part 2 again.
Keeping in mind the Defense has the info of the 32 people that searched the immediate area where Caylee's remains were found.
Mason starts talking about Suburban drive and that they are looking for people that searched the relevant site which he says is 17feet and 5 inches from the road and smaller than the Judge's bench.
Mason himself is, in not so many words, telling the Judge they are on a fishing expedition..because by calling the searchers he said they found some that did not search officially but searched on there own.
Mason goes on to say they are trying to eliminate those searchers that searched 1/2 a block or a block away from the remains site...
Unbelievable....Mason is sly alright...he states they found more people that searched the exact area where the remains were, that the records for TES don't reflect it and that the remains were not there and there was no water.

Mason is a sly, slippery one...watching him and listening to him in court makes me want to take a shower to rub the dirt and oil off of me..

Thanks to everyone for the blow by blow for those of us unable to watch today! I'm just now trying to watch/listen and have almost made it through the second part. WOW! I can't count how many times I have heard HHJP say to team KC "I was led to believe..." ROFLMAO! Is that sending them a message or what? Love it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom
Back