2011.01.03 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had another thought....

Mason said he has invested 600 hours in this case.

He appeared as a defense member for the first time in court on March 18th, 2010.

There have been approx 40 weeks since he joined the team.

There are 168 hours in a week. Of course you have to consider weekends and evenings, but wouldn't that mean....

He has averaged only 15 hours per week on this case????

TY.. I didn't recall when he came on and was thinking 600 hrs seemed low.. and figured 15 wks @ 40 hrs/wk

no wonder he seems lost in whats going on

I've watched every second of this hearing today, and it's been over for hours. But I still have my nice warm glow - and I've just got to say -

!!!!!BEST HEARING EVER!!!!!!

This was me - :silly:

This was Mason - :violin:

This was Baez - :noooo:

This was HHJP - :waiting:

And this was All Us WSers watching the hearing!!

:party:

Cheney was, overall, actually MORE unprofessional than Baez today. That's a first! :banghead:

Good thing he's retiring soon! heh :loser:

I agree and several time he was, IMO, down right RUDE. JP let it go, but I'll bet he has a counter under his robes:woohoo: Cheney's good ole boy act is getting old and grating on my nerves. How can anyone have respect for that court room attitude. I do think JP was having fun with Cheney today explaining about the off and on button on the mic. :woohoo:

Before you all wander off - what was that crack exactly HHJP made about the "Anthony Family" and witnesses or whatever it was?

Can anyone tell me please - there was so much going on I let it slide by me....
Oh...the agents of the state?

I hear ya about the lawyer!

I'm always gonna have the rights of the prisoner on my mind even if I hate them I can't help it- I'm a felon. As much as is dislike Casey Anthony -this man is a disgrace- I don't understand why he is allowed to continue getting away with this behavior.. I don't know why he has not been punished. She is gonna get an appeal because of this guy- watch! I would be p!!ssed if this is what I ended up with as a public defender let alone a actual private defense attorney! And he is really the only person she has contact with, she's got to be believing everything he's telling her- he probaby tells her everything is going great! This is a con man with a suit and a law degree and it's wrong (IMO stuff like that should be a crime) that he is being allowed to get away with it!

I have to assume you are describing Cheny Mason..who is a well seasoned Death Penalty lawyer..hard of hearing or not..He should know the rules and his is blaming his Tennessee roots for alot of things..but CM has done many other cases in Florida..and other states..so after 4 decades,,should know..:waitasec:

BTW..I think that Judge mentioned in other postes walked out because he saw exactly what was going on, and the lienance the judge had given the defense..and the fooldugery they are trying to pull..so left..I was love to be a fly on the wall for his take on his observations :great:..

No excuses..Casey has had and still has the best representation any other accused is allowed....I rather doubt repeal is part of any equation for CA..Thoooooo I do think CM and JB should both have reprimands on their record for the remainder of their careers!!

Well somebody finally got their client looking decent. Now, in case they are reading here....not so form fitting around the chest "boys".

Maybe a smidge of cover-up for her eyes.
Boy they looked dark and sallow today. Maybe some of this IS starting to hit her in the gut.
May is not too far off considering her life is on the line. (as it should be)

I hope she *got* what His Honor was saying today about her "boys".
6.gif
IMO:cow:moo's

Cheney was, overall, actually MORE unprofessional than Baez today. That's a first! :banghead:

Good thing he's retiring soon! heh :loser:

yeah, but that's mainly because JB spent most of the day with his mouth shut and his head down trying to hide.

I have learned I was wrong - Mason has only been on board for 9.5 months. That means he's been slaving away for 14.286 hours per week.

Pity party for Mason!! BYOB!!

I know people who work 14 hours per DAY, FPS.

Obviously he must have spent the other 25.714 hours researching blogger sites.

I can't view the hearing online with local media other than with WFTV and it keeps buffering and won't restart unless I refresh...very frustrating...
Do we have the hearing on You Tube? or another source?

I have to thank everyone who posted here on this hearing..and maintaining Civility..well..mostly :)..anyway..as to the defense wanting to suppress statements made my CA..actually makes me LOL..as Ms Casey has been caught in so many lies, I dont think the Pros. has to push to admit alot..but this trip to Universal is not ONE of them..Casey at that point was a cooperating witness and offered to back up her assertions she was working at Universal..thus needed the NANNY..and so on..and It wasnt until LE called her on it that she folded just before she got to the offices...No handcuffs, no forced anything!!..so dont see that as an issue..however, not sure Pros. even needs this example of CA's lying and avoiding the truth..

IF Defense keeps this up, they are going to force Casey to have to get on the stand and deny, refute such information..which they wont, or shouldnt do.I agree..Casey needs to plea.to full count..and thats the only way she will avoid the DP..

Judge Perry indicated by his persona that he knows just whats going on..and that enough is enough..The defense has done very little homework..that Jackson statement "Knowing Casey didnt do this and can prove it..etc" neither CM or Baez..knew squat about this..Yet sightings of Caylery were broadcasted to the skies!! Man oh Man Casey is in so deep..she best give it up and get use to her enviornment!!
You would think the defense would at least remotely entertain the prospect that there was some truth to Mr. Jackson's claim...I mean if it wasn't Casey as they assert...it had to be someone!

He sure the heck does.

The man does not have a problem leaning over, and behind Casey to whisper and listen to Baez, with paper in front of their faces so he can't read lips in that manner.
Head down, cocked slightly down, and they whisper and appear to have no problems.

Second, for anyone that watches the hearing from today again, there are a couple of times that the state, directly behind him are talking, and he whips around so fast and replies that I'd be surprised if HE doesn't show up in a neck brace tomorrow.

The man can hear ~ and I'm tired of him using this ploy as one his tricks.

"Oh, I'm just an old man ~ I'm not up on all of this internet stuff, I can't hear, I wasn't here for that, I didn't know that".
BS.
All of it ~ BS ~ BS ~ BS.
He's a little too old to be playing cute.

Well, considering how much the A's have hurt ICA's case with all of their Ant'ics, maybe the defense is right. :waitasec:

No they certainly weren't acting as agents of the state, if anything they were victims to their own psychological battle within themselves. Each of the A's wanted so badly to believe the spew Casey was selling. And they were pleading with her to tell her the real "story" (which was that anyone other than their daughter did something to Caylee). Watching some of those videos you could see how much they walked on eggshells around Casey. They were scared to say anything that might set Casey off and she would cut them off for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay