2011.04.28 Emergency Media Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be interesting if HHJP was just driving around to throw people off track? People following him incognito, and he's leading them on a wild goose chase? lol

Thanks QB..I don't remember that article..

Judge Perry could have been joking or misleading us all when he gave those so called "hints"
We know the jury will not be from Orange county so the "leave at 8am" and Jury selection to start at 8:30 am does not work.

Unless they leave at 8am on Sunday morning..then they have plenty of time to arrive at the location in order to start at 8:30am Monday morning.
Bold mine. I had read the article but what you are saying here is highly probable. HHJP getting one over on us. :floorlaugh:

Wouldn't it be interesting if HHJP was just driving around to throw people off track? People following him incognito, and he's leading them on a wild goose chase? lol

Interesting and probable! :floorlaugh:

that's the first thing i thought when i seen the stupid media running with this. he's not a stupid guy now, c'mon. i think it's really dumb that the media is doing this. do they want to f*k everything up? it kinda pisses me off. plus, it gives baez something to say "i told you so" about. the last thing we want is for baez is to be right about something. but he sure knows his buddies though. leeches just like him.

Maybe he was staying in swank WPB while scoping out a nearby low-rent area for a dilapidated hotel for the DT to stay in during jury selection. All the while, giggling madly.

:floorlaugh:

...HHJP's order that only media people who sign a confidentiality agreement will be allowed to know the location of jury selection ahead of time.

Very risky IMHO. That will not stay under wraps for long even if just by way of "rumour"

Macushla, tell us more, dear. Why is this going to make JB unhappy? You're local, tell us all why you're thrilled with the possibility the jury will come from that location. thanks.

A little hard to explain, but I guess I would say the 'feel' of the county when I lived there was that jurors from this area would not be too happy with KC. I can only go by what I saw when I lived in PBC. It may have the same demographics as Orlando, but I would not have said that. Upper middle class to upper class population. Lots of retired folks who would have the time to be a juror in this trial. Oh by the way I did not live in the 'snazzy part of town', trust me :)

the one good thing for JB would be the fact that PBC has a tendency to vote democratic, and Dems are more apt to be anti death penalty (MOO). When I think of PBC I think of wealth - not the kind of people who would look kindly upon whatever story the Defense comes up with. I am speaking for myself here and others may have a completely different picture of PBC, but it would not be somewhere that I would want a jury to come from if I were JB.

As Mr. Baez considered being in the Secret Service ( cough cough ) at one time maybe he will keep switching vehicles and follow JP everywhere he goes in hopes of getting his word out, throwing out printed fliers with his messages to media deprived areas, just in case.......a heads up for " hero JP " ....keep an eye in your rearview for possible approaching buffoon.....JMO ....:seeya:

Bold mine.

I guess that quote on ones side mirrors will ring true too: "Objects are closer(larger) than what is seen in mirror." :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A little hard to explain, but I guess I would say the 'feel' of the county when I lived there was that jurors from this area would not be too happy with KC. I can only go by what I saw when I lived in PBC. It may have the same demographics as Orlando, but I would not have said that. Upper middle class to upper class population. Lots of retired folks who would have the time to be a juror in this trial. Oh by the way I did not live in the 'snazzy part of town', trust me :)

the one good thing for JB would be the fact that PBC has a tendency to vote democratic, and Dems are more apt to be anti death penalty (MOO). When I think of PBC I think of wealth - not the kind of people who would look kindly upon whatever story the Defense comes up with. I am speaking for myself here and others may have a completely different picture of PBC, but it would not be somewhere that I would want a jury to come from if I were JB.

:takeabow: Thank you! :blowkiss: I just want an intelligent jury.

This hearing, whew! They talk like we were living in the 50s. You can't stop the internet from growing exponentially on this or any other topic. We've seen increased numbers of blogs and members of blogs since this case started. There used to be some doubt of ICA's guilt and some sympathy for her parents online. That has dwindled, IMO, and will continue to do so. Delaying won't make it go away....it will only add more exposure through the media and internet and LESS chance of seating a jury ANYWHERE.

This hearing, whew! They talk like we were living in the 50s. You can't stop the internet from growing exponentially on this or any other topic. We've seen increased numbers of blogs and members of blogs since this case started. There used to be some doubt of ICA's guilt and some sympathy for her parents online. That has dwindled, IMO, and will continue to do so. Delaying won't make it go away....it will only add more exposure through the media and internet and LESS chance of seating a jury ANYWHERE.

While I do see HHJBP's point and truly do wish that ICA receive a fair trial I am struck by the fact that her very own DT has been where in the past 2 weeks? Front and center in the media giving exclusive interviews and admitting the Zanny the Nanny story was one big fat lie. What good did it do to ask for a COV when you're going to turn around and further saturate the media?!! IMHO it's hypocrisy at it's best. I also feel it is a big waste, huge waste. IMO HHJBP should have slapped or spanked the DT for their behavior with the high cost to the Fl. tax payers! :twocents:

While I do see HHJBP's point and truly do wish that ICA receive a fair trial I am struck by the fact that her very own DT has been where in the past 2 weeks? Front and center in the media giving exclusive interviews and admitting the Zanny the Nanny story was one big fat lie. What good did it do to ask for a COV when you're going to turn around and further saturate the media?!! IMHO it's hypocrisy at it's best. I also feel it is a big waste, huge waste. IMO HHJBP should have slapped or spanked the DT for their behavior with the high cost to the Fl. tax payers! :twocents:

I wish he had done that too. I just don't think they can increase her chances at a fair trial by delaying. She had a better chance at a fair jury 2 years ago than she has now, and that's only going to worsen as time goes by. I do think they can actually get a jury in Orange County. I know people there who don't follow this case at all, have no opinion on her guilt (except they don't get the 31 days), but would have a problem being sequestered all that time.

Reality sucks when you're ICA. !!!!

Link to Mercier's bio page.....

http://www.hklaw.com/id77/biosJMERCIER/

Has several links to her publications....

Bloggers Beware: Florida’s Long-Arm Statute Reaches Nonresidents Who Post Material Online

Access to Public Video Records Restricted Out of Concern for Victims’ Families

I wish he had done that too. I just don't think they can increase her chances at a fair trial by delaying. She had a better chance at a fair jury 2 years ago than she has now, and that's only going to worsen as time goes by. I do think they can actually get a jury in Orange County. I know people there who don't follow this case at all, have no opinion on her guilt (except they don't get the 31 days), but would have a problem being sequestered all that time.

Reality sucks when you're ICA. !!!!

ITA! Somehow I really don't believe for one second that ICA or her DT want this trial delayed either. I am wondering if perhaps HHJBP gave them an admonishing and verbal spanking once back in the jury room?! IMO they had it coming to them. And as far as ICA's crying routine, wah wah wah. Never once, not once did I EVER see her emit such emotion for her "missing daughter" Caylee! Of course when it's about her the tears flow.......:loser:

ITA! Somehow I really don't believe for one second that ICA or her DT want this trial delayed either. I am wondering if perhaps HHJBP gave them an admonishing and verbal spanking once back in the jury room?! IMO they had it coming to them. And as far as ICA's crying routine, wah wah wah. Never once, not once did I EVER see her emit such emotion for her "missing daughter" Caylee! Of course when it's about her the tears flow.......:loser:

The DT fought against a gag order, too. I think it's because they couldn't sell the story with a gag order in place.

ICA gets no sympathy from me!! It was soooo obvious why she started crying when the judge said she comes first!! Bleck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj