2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror #3229: Woman. Hardship- Travel plans to New England for 2nd week of June. Flights and hotel are non-refundable and prepaid. Would lose approx $2-$3k. Part-time employee..would not be paid from employer. Household doesn't depend on her income, so wouldn't cause great financial distress.

Excused for cause- travel arrangements. Defense objects- Inconvenience, not hardship. Requesting she make some calls to see if she can get around the non-refundability. Overruled. Excused.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that CM wanted her to ruin another couple's trip as well. :rolleyes:

I wonder if BC is working for JB...Off the record.

BC had to remove himself as GA and CA's lawyer because of JB lying about him.
Hard to believe BC would join him.

He is working as a legal analyst and I would bet he's texting a report .

I've seen those deals before, usually are far in advance, good deals and they are very clear it is non-refundable. Makes sense to me because it does not get warm in New England until the end of June early July. House rentals on the Cape are still in low season .

Hotels don't charge till u get there...wth? Mason's right on this one. I never heard of a hotel being non-=refundable..

That statement is 100% wrong.

Sorry.

Internet specials all the time - prepay in advance for lower than normal rate = non-refundable - non-changeable.

AAA internet prepaid specials is another example

Just a couple of examples.

I know this because I used to be a Travel Agent for 15+ years.

she isnt lying, those package deals are all over the place here. they advertise em like crazy but once you're on, you're on.

My instincts tell me she is lying. If she charged them, she should ber able to cancel it. She doesn't want to serve.

Hotels don't charge till u get there...wth? Mason's right on this one. I never heard of a hotel being non-=refundable..

Some do charge. I had to cancel a trip, and the hotel charged me $50 fee, but most people could live with that.

wow, there's been a lot of people with back issues --- this one sounds legit, but still. Oh vicodin...

Juror #?(missed the number, sorry): Woman. Hardship- Hard to sit for long periods of time. In physical therapy 3 times a week. Unsure how long it will last. On prescription pain meds for the pain.

Excused for cause- medical concerns. No objections.

It appears to me that the defense would like to put a couple of people who don't want to be on the jury, right exactly there. I believe they are hoping someone get so mad about it that they will vote "Not Guilty" just to spite the court.

That statement is 100% wrong.

Sorry.

Internet specials all the time - prepay in advance for lower than normal rate = non-refundable - non-changeable.

AAA internet prepaid specials is another example

Just a couple of examples.

I know this because I used to be a Travel Agent for 15+ years.

Also, if you rent someones timeshare it is non-refundable. Disney is an example of that.

3003 woman

hardship - under doctors care - back surgery - out of work - therapy 3 times a week (M/W/F),

Mr. george - meds (vicodin), takes it when needed it does impact concentration if taken daily

excused for cause

"We made the arrangements in advance on internet"..we can not get money back..WTH?

We took a trip through a tour company last year. It was originally scheduled for 3 years ago, and my FIL was diagnosed with kidney cancer.

My MIL made all the arrangements, and all of the hotels, meals, airport transfers, buses, etc. were included. Even with the travel insurance we only got back 80%, and it was a trip for 9 (we wouldn't go without them since that was the point of the trip, nor would we leave while he was having surgery.) The 20% was in the thousands...luckily they let us apply that to a future trip and we were able to go last summer. But it can be a LOT even with insurance.

"We made the arrangements in advance on internet"..we can not get money back..WTH?

If you go through Expedia, Travelocity sometimes they have specials and they charge your credit card for your hotel, etc. that day and there is no refund. You get a better deal, but can't cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove