2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to find out that one of the guys tasked with controlling my investments through trading was going to be out for 8 weeks.

It's very important to have qualified, experienced, and, most importantly, non-stressed traders working with your money.

If I were the judge, I think I'd get tough with this trader, Doesn't sound to me like he should be excused.

Just for the record, if student's can't attend class, they can get refunds before classes begin, and even partial refunds up to a certain period of time after they begin.

Looks like they are scrutinizing a bit harder today for hardship.

3397 - male

hardship - trader (options) - 2 other traders - would be paid
back surgery - gets up every 15-30 minutes and walks around

asked to return

good call...I wasnt falling for this juror's excuse either :$

3397: Hardship? Yes sir I think so. I work at a financial company. We are in a hiring process. Other traders would have stress for me to be gone for weeks.

HHJP: will you employer pay you?

yes.

HHJP: but Raymond James would not close down would they?

no. but it would cause stress.

HHJP: your duties cannot be routed to someone else?

no. (short answer)

HHJP: if you were in the hospital for eight weeks what would happen at your job?

they would have to adjust the training and it would be hard on my co workers.

HHJP: any other hardship other than your company being stressed as a hardship?

with all due respect I also have a back problem. it is hard to sit.

HHJP: there is no problem with you standing up if you needed to. anything else? Mr. George? Mr. Mason? (both: no)

HHJP: you can go home, don't talk about the case. fill out a sheet, we will bring you back for another round of questions. maybe tomorrow maybe friday.

Just before this last recess.
ICA50.jpg

ICA52.jpg

I've been waiting for this, HHJP asking what would happen if this juror in an auto accident x 8 weeks - not impressed - health - back surgery last fall - can get up and move around at work - as a trader? Get real! HHJP says he can stand up if he needs to - there are recesses....this guy not excused.

This options trader really does not want to serve, would put his office in a bind.
Sounds like they will recall him. HHJP says he is not indispensable at work.
Great- a reluctant Juror! :maddening:

Wow...this is a tough task. Finding folks who are able and willing to serve without predjudice is more difficult than even I imagined it would be.
The judge is great and the antics at the DT table are over the top!
ICA...please hold it together. It will all be over soon. No whining or complaining. Just do it! Your daughter deserved better than this. Grow up! Stop the whining. Caylee probably met her death much better than you are meeting your trial.

I suspect he'd be able to make controlled phone calls in the evenings to check on business.

#3354. Female. Uncomfortable but no hardship. Sounds older. No dependants, etc.

hhjp getting pi$$ed at people's excuses

Yep. The guy first tried to say it would be too stressful for his coworkers, and when that didn't work, he brought up his back trouble, and that still didn't work. HHJP said he'd be called back for the second line of questioning within the next day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem