2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3308 - delta will provide full credit (suppose to fly out the 19th)

brewers tix behind home plate

asked to return

Right. My husband will fall asleep anywhere and everywhere, but you can wake him. What this man is describing isn't probably narcolepsy. That's why I wondered if he's DRIVING his family to NC. Did he DRIVE to report to duty this morning? If so, he doesn't have narcolepsy.

My hubby has narcolepsy, and he does drive, and long drives are a problem, however he has also served many times on a jury. Depends on the degree they have this, and any meds. But they can and do drive, just a little side note.

I hope the Airlines are LISTENING, except for DELTA, they are getting negative NTL publicity for being BAD corporate citizens...

He'll be a good juror if chosen. Loves his grandma, probably gets along with her great.

Delta Airlines Good corporate citizen and purveyor of justice. I feel the tide changing.

KC do you??

Devout Catholic - no doubt against the death penalty. I don't think she'll make it.

I'm a devout Catholic also..........and CAN apply the DP if I were asked IF the case were proven but I totally agree that she'll be "bounced".

NOT all Catholics are against the DP.

3029: Hardship? Yes sir. My work only pays for a week. I am the bread winner. My wife works nights and I watch my child.

HHJP: if you were not payed for seven weeks what would happen to your family.

We could not pay our bills.

HHJP: Your six year old cannot be home alone like in the movie.

No, (laughter).

HHJP: Excused.

I'm not Catholic, but I do know that it is a requirement to attend mass. I can respect her religious convictions. :)

It's not a requirement to attend EVERY DAY and it's not a requirement to attend Mass to receive communion.

3029 male

hardship, only pays for 1 week, then wife works at night and he is sole care provider for 6 yo son

excused for cause

Home Alone like in the movie??

This Judge would be a hoot at a cocktail party.

Just want to squeeze him and love him.

My hubby has narcolepsy, and he does drive, and long drives are a problem, however he has also served many times on a jury. Depends on the degree they have this, and any meds. But they can and do drive, just a little side note.

Bolded was my doing. Florida to NC is a looong drive. They didn't ask how long he drove to get to Jury Duty.

Being on jury duty for a trial that will last this long, do you get to go home every night and have weekends free? I am just confused as to why so many reasons that are holding people back..

No, this is essentially the state is drafting you for jury duty in another city, living in a hotel room and restricting outside contact for 8 weeks. This is a huge hardship for anyone. And we have to wonder exactly why they are going to such lengths in this case. Yes the defendant has the right to a fair trial. But when did we start to take it so far that we undermined the citizenry's rights to serve judgement for crimes committed within their own communities?

Irish Catholic grandmother here (God rest her) , also a hard-core mass goer BUT if she was needed to serve on a jury that would bring justice for a tiny innocent baby, she would have seen that as just as important as going to mass. If not more important.

But I do know exactly what you mean. Do not get in the way of a lil ole lady with Mass on her mind and a pocket full of Werthers Butter Originals ;)

O/t

POCKETBOOK CANDY!!
my granny always had candy! it tasted like make up and perfume! BUT kept us quiet at church!

I'm a devout Catholic also..........and CAN apply the DP if I were asked IF the case were proven but I totally agree that she'll be "bounced".

NOT all Catholics are against the DP.

True...I suppose it's a personal decision...I wouldn't want her on this jury panel if she really has those religious issues...

Juror 3029: White male in his 30's. Would impose a hardship because his work will only compensate for 1 week and he's the sole breadwinner of his family. His wife works nights and he needs to be home to watch his 6yo son. Wouldn't be able to pay bills without his income.

Excused for cause being financial and childcare issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla