2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA
I know I am having a hard time controlling MY emotions...am I to believe that ICA is more zen than I? :dunno:

:blowkiss:

Now you are talking crazy Chiquita71, you have Zen alright, but what ICA has got isn't on the same page as you are, she's in an entirely different book.:great:

So after they swear in the jurors, how long until the actual trial begins?

I don't see Mason springing for 2 months worth of clothes, he doesn't even want to work Saturdays. lol

If her mom isn't paying for the clothes then the taxpayers of Florida are probably paying. :innocent:

She must be thinking that these new outfits will be hers ‘after’. Let’s hope that if the state of FL is paying for them they get donated to a homeless shelter or church.
As a tax paying Floridian - I say put them on Ebay and make some of this million plus back that we are paying out.

Is that wrong? :waitasec:

She must be thinking that these new outfits will be hers ‘after’. Let’s hope that if the state of FL is paying for them they get donated to a homeless shelter or church.

I'd bet sold on E-bay to recoup some costs by an anonymous person :innocent:

Why do they specificly keep asking if the PJ;s watched Geraldo?

Should I go back and watch Geraldo for clues ? Is Geraldo on the witness list?

Sorry if this is a dumb question....do they have to actually question 8 more PJ's to find the 8 alternates or do they just go back and choose 8 from previously questioned ones?
they have to start all over from scratch

they need one more to make 12 and HHJP will swear them (then no back strking)

then they question them and get alternates.. HHJP said yesterday that they can only challenge right after the questioning.. there is no backstriking with alternates..

and

he said yesterday he wanted 8 but "we will get what we get"

LOL - I hear you and me too - but I've just had time this morning to have my "get real LG" chat with myself already this morning.

I have to keep talking to myself to not get completely derailed with this jury choosing process....:crazy:

Whenever I start to have any feelings about ICA, I just think of Caylee.

I think the judge is now reading case law knowing full well the DT will come back and request a mistrial I'm not an attorney and do not know the law if it will be denied at all but I bet that is what is going on. Watch when they come back and the DT brings it up, probably late hour too.

Someone said earlier - maybe they flew out of the courtroom to file a motion for mistrial because JA said a jurors name. Just another stall tactic DT. Won't work, but it will keep us here every day!

Blech!!

Mel

Why are we all belly up to the bar this morning? Are they on some extended break so early?

Piggybacking off Lera

But that file ICA had, what if that was a file on the potential juror that Ashton named with a picture of that juror (it was def a photo of someone) and all that animated talk by ICA to Finnell and Fryer was talk about Ashton's mistake and what Baez and Mason are doing about it?

If we are to "presume" that ICA is innocent, her behavior as a "victim" of someone killing her baby daughter is nowhere near what a victim of such a crime could behave as in this court involvement. My 24 yr old daughter is attending the pretrial for a friend who was murdered for $95 while trying to buy a cellphone from craigslist this morning, and she as a friend of the victim is a wreck! My prayers go out to the family of Jonathon Clements.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arti...cops_and_courts/doc4d5ff83953812293213714.txt

When Baez was giving his interview on IS, he said ICA had great intellect and yet she sits at the opposite end of the table. I would think he would want her closer to take advantage of all that intellect....or is all that scribbling and folding her "notes of knowledge" that are being passed around for the benefit of all the attorneys.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Piggybacking off Lera

But that file ICA had, what if that was a file on the potential juror that Ashton named with a picture of that juror (it was def a photo of someone) and all that animated talk by ICA to Finnell and Fryer was talk about Ashton's mistake and what Baez and Mason are doing about it?
Not only that do you remember the kind of long sigh and pause the Judge had! I think even the judge knew (oh crap) moment.

Why are we all belly up to the bar this morning? Are they on some extended break so early?

Yah, they struck too many jurors and had to call more in. I think JB and CM are off filing some mistrial motion. Should be quite a show when they come back (my HO anyway).

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members