2011.05.25 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. It is very apparent to me that Casey *puts on* a flat affect while the jury is present, yet reverts to her 'Casey face' (i.e., disingenuous smile, raised eyebrow, flirty, daggers, animated etc) when they are out of sight. Fascinating to me. Pure Sociopath. MO

Yep. Last night I was watching Dr Drew...I think he comes on the same channel as HLN and I was much to brain dead to even change the channel. But he was saying he thought all along that ICA showed the signed of an abuse victim. The partying, acting out, lying, stealing. I could have puked. How about sociopathic behavior... pure and simple. But noooooooooooo, now the bleeding hearts will JUMP on this as an explanation of what she did.

Do not get me wrong. I am not minimizing sexual abuse, or any kind of abuse. But even if you have been abused, that doesn't necessarily mean you will be a lying, stealing, cheating, murderer.

Well, it's not just that he didn't want kids. It's that in contrast to casey's other guys, Tony refused to allow Caylee to spend the night and thought it was inappropriate for her to be hanging out in his apartment where a bunch of bachelors had sex, drank and smoked pot.

It is relevant because her new relationship occurred right at the same time that her parents were starting to refuse to allow her to dump Caylee on them at night. She was in a box as her parents started to come down on harder for not being able to prove she was working, for not taking care of Caylee, for confronting her about stealing, etc. But instead of being able to say "F U" and leaving with the baby to go hang out, like she did with Ricardo, who allowed Caylee in his bed, Tony would not allow it. Fed up and not able to continue her party girl lifestyle because of her "little snothead", she killed Caylee. This is a big deal when it comes to motive which must be shown even though it is not legally required to be shown.

i caught the reference he implied to good old sex in bed all day as he said he stayed home from work because he did not want to get out of bed-lol. casey must have thought - oh yeah i remember that day! caylee would definite be in the way of the lifestyle

Correct. All have said she was a happy partying 20 something. No problems noticed.

The only problem with these witnesses is that none of them really knew her.
Maybe saw her 2 or 3 times in their lives. They were also in their late teens or early 20's so they would not make good judges of character on any level other than fun, party, happy.

BBM True but the point each was able to convey (and this is crucial for the SA) is Casey's state of mind after her daughter allegedly tragically died. I am unfamiliar with 'ugly coping' but it sounds like junk psychology to me. Who acts like Casey did after their baby girl dies, unless they wanted her dead? MO

If Cindy believes it, she'd stay married to George??

Great point. I can't see Cindy standing by him if that was the case. She would have kicked George out a long time ago if she suspected that was going on.

She threatened divorce in 2005 for money problems he was having, so I don't think she was afraid of standing her ground or kicking him out. So I can't see her being one of those women who would turn a blind eye just to keep her man around.

Is anyone else worried that Cindy might play along with the DT on the sexual abuse? I don't trust Cindy :crazy:

I just don't know. Gun shy here. But if she is not going along with it, why would she be sitting next to George everyday? IMHO that shows support for him.

Tony appeared reluctant to say anything which might help the SA to paint ICA in a bad light. JB is really trying to wring a "ICA was a nice gal, and a good caring mom" out of Tony to convince the jury that she is a really good person. JB is not subltle, and what little tolerance I have for him is shrinking quickly.

Just got home.

Boy, considering that TL was on the stand today, I'll bet that ICA wishes she had worn something to court other than that Little House on the Prairie blouse.

According to Baez, Casey was so traumatized from being molested that she learned to
cover her feelings. She could act "normal" after Caylee died.

My question, why isn't Casey acting "normal" during the trial. She is crying and looking depressed. I thought at times of great stress she could repress her emotions.

So Caylee dies and she is having the time of her life, no one notices anything.
She sits in court crying and looking depressed.

such a great point.

IS talking heads ALL agreed earlier today that her look and demeanor, which is repressed, dark and depressing, especially compared to her former associates, FAVORS the DT fairy tail that she was abused by bad daddy.

It was outrageous pandering to the defense.

Couldn't she be looking bad because she has been in jail for three years, is now on trial for murdering her child, has falsely accused her brother and father of molesting her, and is, IN FACT, guilty as charged, and is afraid she might be killed by the state?

couldn't that matter? at all?

isn't it possible?

Not to the In Session EXPERTS.

I need some tecquila.

I don't think I'm worried about Cindy. When it comes right down to it, she'll be committing perjury if she lies on the stand and would probably wind up in a cell next to her daughter. I think that she'll tell the truth when it comes down to it.

You also have to remember that ICA is not only throwing Dad under the bus, but Lee and also herself. I think Lee and Cindy will both get up there and tell the truth, no matter how bad it looks for ICA.

I agree. He failed to follow up on things I think are very important. I seriously feel like being an obsessed weirdo and calling the state with my suggestions!

On redirect, the state absolutely must discuss Tony's feelings about having Caylee over.

BBM.

I agree gitana. I feel that they will. I think it will appear better to the jury if the SA clears up JB's line of questioning about TL liking Caylee.

Unless of course they don't want to muddy the waters and want to stay consistent with only one motive. And they want to go with the bella vita motive.

IMO I think Casey killed Caylee for a few reasons. 1) it would devastate her mother 2) she wanted to continue her relationship with Tony and be free to leave with him when he wanted to leave FL 3) she no longer wanted to be a mother to Caylee 4) it would devastate her mother (yes I know I said this already but I think this was the most appealing reason for Casey)

The state does need to hammer in on the fact TL didn't want girl children.

If ICA bought shoes at JCP they were probably to replace the ones she wore in the swamp deposit.

Tony appeared reluctant to say anything which might help the SA to paint ICA in a bad light. JB is really trying to wring a "ICA was a nice gal, and a good caring mom" out of Tony to convince the jury that she is a really good person. JB is not subltle, and what little tolerance I have for him is shrinking quickly.

I don't really think he has a whole lot of negative things to say about her. She slept with him, cooked for him, cleaned for him, was a party girl. Seemed to be an all around nice girl. That's the front she presented to him, so what can he say about her that's bad? That she drove his car when he was out of town? I don't think she stole from him, so in his eyes, not knowing what he knows now - he thought she was alright.

According to Baez, Casey was so traumatized from being molested that she learned to
cover her feelings. She could act "normal" after Caylee died.

My question, why isn't Casey acting "normal" during the trial. She is crying and looking depressed. I thought at times of great stress she could repress her emotions.

So Caylee dies and she is having the time of her life, no one notices anything.
She sits in court crying and looking depressed.

I was also thinking, I know it's been a while since I heard about it but wasn't there something about KC having a miscarriage and crying about it? I'll have to look it up but if that happened it shows that she could have grief about losing a child.

Many couples divorce after the death of a child. I would not be surprised if George and Cindy divorce if Casey is given the death sentence. On the other hand they have been married a long time, and may be able to weather the storm.

My husband and I made it through when our oldest daughter died, but we had been married a long time, and were over the challenges of the early years of marriage.

I hope they stay together, because they need to take turns comforting and consoling one another.

First, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine.

But I was questioning whether Cindy would stay with George if she believed he molested Casey. I thought that's what the post I responded to was talking about.

Watching IS and they are talking with Sunny H. Sometimes I think she is drinking the Casey Kool-Aid................

But most of them are saying the prosecution had a better day today than the DT...... :)

I finally figured that out today too LolaMoon. They are going chronologically with these witnesses, instead of taking a witness through the entire EVERYTHING at one time. Makes sense if you are a juror and being spoon fed this info. We, on the other hand, know the whole picture. I can see what they are doing though. I was soooo confused why the state didn't ask George yesterday about the smell in the car and how he couldn't hardly drive the car back home. But then it occurred to me that they hadn't laid predicate or foundation for that yet.

I have to trust they know what they are doing. I know they know more than me, that's for sure. So I will try to sit on my hands.

If they jump all over the place, like Jose is doing, the jury will get confused. A lot of these witnesses had no contact with Casey after July 15th, 2008. Like some of Tony's roommates that had very little to offer about the month of July were quickly questioned and dismissed. Same with the shot girls. Tony, Amy, Ricardo, etc... their testimony will only go through the month of July... maybe a little after because they all helped search for Caylee in one way or another and had contact with LE.

Once we get into July... we'll start getting into Detective Melich, Allen and Law Enforcement... everything because that is when the meat of this story starts. Caylee was reported missing and that started everything. We'll hear the 911 calls... the jail visits, Casey's phone calls, etc...

Tim Miller will be called depending on what month he was called to come in... TES searchers will be called when they were inserted. It's all in order.

I think it is great that they are building a solid foundation.

Beth Karas is insane no neglect shown?What about leaving Caylee to answer the door while she is in Tone room,also on a balcony all alone WTH!

I just don't know. Gun shy here. But if she is not going along with it, why would she be sitting next to George everyday? IMHO that shows support for him.

Casey has really put Cindy in a tough spot. Cindy has been her loudest supporter this entire time, and now Casey is pretty much saying "*advertiser censored** you all, I will bring you all down to save myself". And this is supposed to be Cindy's twin, yet Cindy is also obsessed with public family appearances. Casey has really put Cindy against a wall - is Cindy going to pick Casey over George and Lee and let the family truly be destroyed to save Casey (and if Casey is Cindy, then Cindy would be saving herself), or is she going to pick her husband and Lee over Casey once and for all, for the sake of leaving the rest of the family intact (or maybe more selfishly, improving her public image as a martyr mother)?

I'm nervous because I don't know if Cindy truly CAN pick the boys over Casey. She is so caught up in Casey being her twin that it's possible she might be going along with what the defense said. On the other hand, I can't imagine sexual abuse going on and Cindy not knowing about it. Neither Lee nor George are the kings of subtlety. There is no way she wouldn't have known. I just don't know if she loves the boys enough to protect them from Casey's slaughter or not. Surely she would at least not want Lee's life to be destroyed by Casey. It can't be an easy situation for her, but she and GA did bring this on themselves. I still can't muster sympathy for either of them, and I'm not sure what she's going to do here. I did notice that she was barely picked on yesterday in Baez's opening statements. The ladder, while hurtful, is not NEAR as bad as what Baez said about George. It's going to be interesting to see what she does on the stand!

such a great point.

IS talking heads ALL agreed earlier today that her look and demeanor, which is repressed, dark and depressing, especially compared to her former associates, FAVORS the DT fairy tail that she was abused by bad daddy.

It was outrageous pandering to the defense.

Couldn't she be looking bad because she has been in jail for three years, is now on trial for murdering her child, has falsely accused her brother and father of molesting her, and is, IN FACT, guilty as charged, and is afraid she might be killed by the state?

couldn't that matter? at all?

isn't it possible?

Not to the In Session EXPERTS.

I need some tecquila.
Talk about trying to create sensationalism...they have been replaying yesterday over and over again. That's what will keep the viewers tuning in. There are a lot of folks out there who like dirt. IS is shoveling it big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member