2011.06.02 TRIAL Day Eight (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YM - after Universal interview they verified that the June 9th date was wrong.

Much later they determined she had never attended Valencia.

JB asking for a moment.

i don't get it....JB is hammering home she's a liar but is he now trying to say she wasn't a good one??

JP warned ALL the spectators it was against the 'rules' (he actually said it would not be "allowed") so how can it not also apply to the defendant? It seems to me it's more important that they do NOT do it cos it really does=self-testifying.

I think that was said more for CA/GA benefit at the time.

Bill S is saying that the question had to be withdrawn because YM was about to say that he could not ask her about the pool, because she had hired a lawyer at that point. If he had said that, it could have caused a mistrial.

:waitasec:

OMG :banghead:

Did anyone hear what Mark Lippman attorney for George, Cindy and Lee had to say during the lunch break? He stated that the Florida Bar directs attorneys not to disparage the judiciary or other attorneys but my own personal feelings for Mr. Baez is for a day when he is no longer an attorney, and we'll leave it at that.

Did you ever obtain any information that the hair brush that was given to you by CA may not have been Caylee's

Objection

Sustained

(somehow JB looks like he thinks he scored a point with this, but I'm not seeing it._)

JB imo just made a valid point and the objection to the answering of the question shows the state doesnt want it out. The jury is probably not happy with that.
The State objected because if Melich had answered it, it could have caused a mistrial. Nothing to do with not wanting "it" out.

Bill S is saying that the question had to be withdrawn because YM was about to say that he could not ask her about the pool, because she had hired a lawyer at that point. If he had said that, it could have caused a mistrial.

:waitasec:

y? i dont understand

Oh, now it wasn't Caylee's hairbrush...Therefore the death band isn't on Caylee's hair...

He is doing this intentionally to plant seeds in the mind of the jurors. The hairbrush and other comments he is trying to get into record.

JB back and now asking about ICA's cell phone. YM doesn't recall if they needed a search warrant for her computer and cell phones.

YM agreed he collected certain items from the house from CA, including a hairbrush. JB asked if he ever learned the hairbrush was not Caylee's. LDB objected as to hearsay - sustained. JB tried to ask again - objection - sustained.

YM agreed hairbrush was tested for mitocondrial DNA. LDB objected - sustained.

JB done.

I don't understand what happened with the question and the following sidebar? :waitasec:

wow....jb trying hard to get a mistrial :eek:

My smilies are malfunctioning! - this was supposed to be funny not snotty!

Well cut my feet off and call me shorty!

Who would have thunk it!

I'm shocked, shocked! (to learn there is gambling going on in this place!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi