2011.06.02 TRIAL Day Eight (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to SCREAM! LE had already given ICA EVERY chance to tell the truth, INCLUDING they understood if there had been an accident, and ICA said nothing!!!

he did ask about drowning in the interview....he specifically mentions it

Wow...Baez handling a side bar all by himself. No Mason up there to guide him. I'm impressed. NOT.

I think in light of the universal tape and all the lies laid bare today that the throwing of GA under the bus is all the more deplorable.

JB sounds defeated to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a major "family emergency" and has to sit out the trial somehow.

Well its too late to change her plea but id bet my last dollar before all this is over she will cop a plea deal!!!!!!

Does she not realize she is the most hated woman inn america right now!

(I think it is already pretty well-documented here that JB's cross skills are less than stellar...and most unlikely to improve over the course of the trial.)

JB singing a different tune this afternoon - guess he got the memo on how well he was doing alienating the jury - as well as whatever sanction would have come down if he intended to pursue "not in good faith" questioning... (which I want to know anyway)

I missed this morning's session, but my first impression when court resumed for the afternoon session, is that JB sounded chagrined when he began. I noted that he addressed YM as "Detective Melich", whereas yesterday he did not use proper titles when addressing LE first responders.

HHJP said question was withdrawn. (Bill Shaeffer says if he had answered, it could have caused a mistrial).

Baez's cross examination is painful to watch. I feel like I'm at the dentist having work done without Novocaine. Is he trying to say that they didn't have a rush to judgment that she had killed Caylee? Or they didn't do due dilligence and ask her enough questions?

There is absolutely nothing that could convince me that Caylee died as a result of drowning in the family pool. I hope the jury feels the same way.

wow....jb trying hard to get a mistrial :eek:

Did JB almost ask why not without knowing the answer? And the Prosecution sidebar'd to prevent it?

please keep the chit chat down as we are now in the trial thread. refer to the rules in the opening post if you have questions. THANKS EVERYONE SINCERELY ;-)

Bill S is saying that the question had to be withdrawn because YM was about to say that he could not ask her about the pool, because she had hired a lawyer at that point. If he had said that, it could have caused a mistrial.

:waitasec:

JB singing a different tune this afternoon - guess he got the memo on how well he was doing alienating the jury - as well as whatever sanction would have come down if he intended to pursue "not in good faith" questioning... (which I want to know anyway)

My DH was home with the kids this morning and for someone who has not followed the case at all but watched the trial this morning..he said that he could have believed an accident (but only an accidental drowning) but whatever went on this morning in court DH is convinced she is GUILTY and that Baez is not doing a good job convincing him otherwise.

I honestly don't think JB is going to score any points with this line of questioning. I think it's been clear for a while that they were trying to get info from ICA.

...he's going back to his hobby horse of the pool ladder. Of course that includes facts not in evidence but, what the hey?

You never confronted Casey about the pool - dun dun dun!!!!

Well, perhaps Casey just went swimming and happened to leave the ladder up. Only Casey knows it and is now using it in defense story.

preening perhaps, looks like the jitters or fitful type of organicity of frontal lobe synaptic plate misfires. ♥ it is now all about Caylee

JB imo just made a valid point and the objection to the answering of the question shows the state doesnt want it out. The jury is probably not happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem