2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I'm catching up on the trial (love me some dvr!) and am watching Thursday morning. This is Yuri and the recorded interview with ICA at Universal. The lies are amazing, that goes without saying. What strikes me was how long she held on to the ZFG story. The jury knows that was her original story, but could the SA point out how long she stuck to it?

If they could, that fact alone could be the nail in the coffin for ICA.

About six weeks ago LKB stated on a TV show that they knew ICA had been lying - tossed it off like 'Oh, yes of course she lied about that' like none of the DT had ever believed it was possible to go with that story - up to that point, as far as we all knew, it was still Zanny to blame, until they suffered all the defeats in hearings,trying to limit evidence coming in. Once they realized Nanny wouldn't fly with all the evidence to the contrary,they went straight for George.
Then they went to the SA with their new defense and SA told Lippman that GA was to be blamed

Not a victim myself but I am glad you brought this up. I thought the exact same thing about her as I was listening on the way home on sirius. She really bugged me. Casey is claiming abuse because her LIFE is on the line here. Not to say we know whether or not it's true, but I would not put it past her to do anything at this point, as she has NOTHING to lose. If she doesn't claim something horrendous she is never getting out anyway *to* have to face her family.

Not trying to get anyones back up but I do believe the defense has used this forum to gauge public reaction for their defense and when that first was presented through the jail letters about Lee there were a lot of people who bought it no questions asked at first. Of course they had to switch it to George because they needed to use him as a cover up accomplice, etc.

Then on the other hand many did not and poked every hole possible in the theory so I'm sure they are well prepared. Who knows if they'll ever have anything other than that opening statement but now it's in the jurors minds. All they want is for them to believe it was an accident and Casey lied and lies for....

Please don't ban me the first week! LOL. After following this since it happened, I find myself wondering about a few things and paranoid because all it takes is one juror.....

Although many say JB is not effective as counsel, he has still scored some points, and the points he does score are damaging. He is systematically trying to discredit alot of evidence and also witnesses. I don't buy it but am concerned one of the juror's may. He improved today (he must have read all the comments about him).

I am worried that the video tapes today were not nearly as damaging to the defense as the media is reporting. GA looks weird and strange when CA talked about rumors of drowning.

I also remember the conversation between LA and ICA where they talk in code and at the memorial LA also talking in code.

I feel very strongly that she is guilty, but I also feel something is going on here that we may or may never learn.

Sound off, just had to get this off my chest.....

Oh! That's right!! I completely forgot about the other story of the ones that climbed on to the engine! Those squirrels sure were active.

They were especially active for dead squirrels!

Who was that woman who CM spoke to in such a condescending manner?

A crime scene detective. Totally uncalled for, IMO. Hadn't Jose been over the same thing with Yuri just the day before ? LE speaks to the jury ! That is the way it is and should be. Again, MOO.

ICA says she is a VICTIM to...
I'D about fell off my couch when she said that!!!

Suicidal squirrels sure do have a fatal attraction to that Sunfire.

LOL only problem is she said dead squirrels climbed in lol zombie squirrels maybe... if they are dead they cant climb!

Not trying to get anyones back up but I do believe the defense has used this forum to gauge public reaction for their defense and when that first was presented through the jail letters about Lee there were a lot of people who bought it no questions asked at first. Of course they had to switch it to George because they needed to use him as a cover up accomplice, etc.

Then on the other hand many did not and poked every hole possible in the theory so I'm sure they are well prepared. Who knows if they'll ever have anything other than that opening statement but now it's in the jurors minds. All they want is for them to believe it was an accident and Casey lied and lies for....

We all think they have and IMO it is a very BAD idea. We are not the 17 people sitting in chairs in an Orlando Courtroom.

Please don't ban me the first week! LOL. After following this since it happened, I find myself wondering about a few things and paranoid because all it takes is one juror.....

Although many say JB is not effective as counsel, he has still scored some points, and the points he does score are damaging. He is systematically trying to discredit alot of evidence and also witnesses. I don't buy it but am concerned one of the juror's may. He improved today (he must have read all the comments about him).

I am worried that the video tapes today were not nearly as damaging to the defense as the media is reporting. GA looks weird and strange when CA talked about rumors of drowning.

I also remember the conversation between LA and ICA where they talk in code and at the memorial LA also talking in code.

I feel very strongly that she is guilty, but I also feel something is going on here that we may or may never learn.

LOL welcome to websleuths,, You must be from Insession lol....

I don't know if this has been mentioned already ... but did anyone notice the FREEZE from Sims to the Inmate today??!!! It was very noticeable! No coddling the Inmate today, and NO whispers and notes back and forth. Sims seemed to be totally annoyed with the Inmate, and Sims rushed out of court as fast as she could when the day was over, with no parting friendly words to the Inmate.

At the beginning of the day I saw Baez giving the Inmate a stern talking to and her smiles and giggles disappeared and she got serious and was nodding yes ... yes ... yes.... and I saw her mouth "I promise" .... I got the impression that Baez instructed the Inmate to knock it off with all the whispering to the attorneys and note passing ... especially to Sims ....

I have to wonder. This morning Bill Shaeffer said that he thought this was the first time that CM saw the videos. I have to wonder if it is the same for DCS. After all this time, and all these lawyers I thought "no way" when Bill said that. Now, I'm not sure!

My mind is going in so many directions, It's hard to organize my thoughts into a cohesive post. That said, I will focus on just one subject for now.

I firmly believe that JB never once reviewed EVERY SINGLE jail visit tape. I imagine he went off of the media coverage and the soundbites that garnered so much attention.

Do I think JB was too busy to watch them? Nope, but I do think he took a shortcut in attributing importance to only those parts that had been played over and over on TV and those that garnered harsh reactions:
The ME ME ME routine
The flip answers about her daily activities
The code speak with her brother
The meltdown
The talk about needing to get home to help
and more......

I expect that JB assumed LDB would edit and pick bit and pieces.....NOT air them in their entirety.

When JB realized that he had been lazy.......he tried to recover....but a bit too late. He was in panic mode because he couldn't remember what else was on those tapes.....what had he forgotten?

There are only two things I will point out about these tapes....ok maybe three.

1. The fear of KC's lies was not an issue. They already painted her a liar. BUT......the DT failed to recognize how those jail tapes (when considered AFTER hearing the Universal interview) would show a PRIME example of her total manipulation!!

Recall that at the end of the Universal interview KC opened up to Det. Appling Wells. He was able to get to her core.....to validate she had a rough life as a single mom....that she was under pressure. Even after Yuri and John implied that there was no nanny....it was Appling Wells that continued to appease her and ask for more questions about Zanny. KC thought she had him snowed. In her mind....FINALLY....a cop that would take her version of BS.

During that jail visit when her parents were asking if she would talk to anyone else......becasue KC didn't trust local LE.....she asked for Appling Wells. Why?? Because she thought he was more easily manipulated. She thought she could baffle him with her BS.

The DT didn't realize that the jury could put that together. OOPS

2. Now that all the tapes came in...I noticed a very distinct pattern on the DT. They were straining to pick up on ANY usable comments that would support their fiction. There were times that KC looked over at JB as if to say...."can we use that?".....there were also times where she looked like she was thinking "carp....that's going to hurt".

KC's game of shadows with Lee is another example of her game of manipulation.

Those tapes proved more that KC lies...they proved she was a master maipulator.

The sting is evident!!

I have to wonder. This morning Bill Shaeffer said that he thought this was the first time that CM saw the videos. I have to wonder if it is the same for DCS. After all this time, and all these lawyers I thought "no way" when Bill said that. Now, I'm not sure!

I disagree with Bill, CM and JB have seen them, DS well I don't even know why they can't find people with Capital Murder Trial backgrounds, so DS maybe not. The other several people at the table, who knows.

CM and JB have watched the videos. That is how they got the spin for Opening Statement, they will turn the words to fit Opening Statement. It may not work, but it may, in their minds. They have watched them numerous times.

Please tell me LKB was not on with Vinnie AGAIN! :maddening:

I wish I could, but it would be a lie.......

And as always, she is off the charts ridiculous. Surely she can't actually believe that cr@p she puts out there!

Don't worry....it can equally play to the prosecution in that JB may have pilfered a rumor for his defense.

Ah SOTS,

JB assumed all of the past and present attorneys would do the work! Good thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3