2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can't figure out is if JB is going with the theory that Caylee drowned "in the family pool", why fight any of this? Why not just say yep, she was in the trunk, she was put there after she drowned, next?

The machine is not new technology. The GCMS has been used for decades.

Thank you! It's true - none of the strictly analytical techniques they described are new. The use of them in decomp forensics might be, but the procedures themselves are very well established and can easily done by undergraduates if they're careful enough.

This wasn't Vass's mistake at the lab, it was JA's mistake in asking him about the wrong can yesterday. It was JA's mistake, not Vass's. It doesn't color his work at all because it has nothing to do with his work. He did not misidentify this can when he went to process it. That is not the mistake at all. The chain of custody is intact. The only mistake was JA's in asking him to say that can was the right one. That has nothing to do with chain of custody or Vass's work. This is not a mistake to get upset over. JA has had a sterling reputation in his career and in the past three years. At least he admitted to his mistake. Baez has made millions of mistakes and never admitted or apologized for ONE of them. I trust Ashton anyday over Baez. If Baez harps on this, it's only going to make things worse for Casey.

Correct...but Baez will make it out to be something horrible since there is allegedly this huge conspiracy....

The wrong can was ID'd but that doesn't mean he processed the wrong evidence..If Baez keeps on with this, that can might just get opened...JMHO

So Rickenbach did not say what it smelled like?

the jury doesn't need to hear the chemist say he smelled death. JA's question and JB's objection speak volumes.

#CaseyAnthony This witness is confirming that residues of chloroform were found on specimens taken from trunk of Casey's car
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 10:38 AM

This guy is very dry. Sounds & acts just like one would suspect an FBI, PhD to act. A tad nervous tho.

What I can't figure out is if JB is going with the theory that Caylee drowned "in the family pool", why fight any of this? Why not just say yep, she was in the trunk, she was put there after she drowned, next?

This! SO much this. I'm :banghead: Why fight this evidence when you've already admitted to Caylee's death.

CFNews13Casey

It is much quieter in twas courtroom today. Constant Coughing was a big distraction yesterday. Jurors continuously looked into gallery
7 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad

twas? (I don't type 'em ... just post 'em)

Didn't the FBI find chloroform on the mama doll too? Is this the guy that tested that? Is mama doll in a can?

If the car still smells after 3 years, how come these pieces that they are showing don't smell?

Who's he? Is he a chemist? I don't want to look through the pages and miss anymore. :(

The spare tire cover....wouldn't the areas that caused the odor be cut out for testing?

This is new technology. When they first started testing DNA there were many mistakes. Can we take this machine as being absolutely accurate.

An explosives trace-detection portal machine, also known as a trace portal machine or puffer machine, is a security device that seeks to detect explosives and illegal drugs at airports and other sensitive facilities as a part of airport security screening.

This device has been in service for years.

Morning all, I finally made it. Does anyone know how many forensic experts we will hear from?

Residue from chloroform was found on there. On specimen Q44 , spare tire cover from #caseyanthony's car, according to FBI expert.
by anthonycase via twitter at 10:39 AM

Dr. Rickenbach is talking about his analysis of the trunk liner. He says chloroform was identified. #CaseyAnthony -fell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:40 AM

JA: "Can you tell us from notes or from recollection what portion of this you tested?"
Witness: "I can look at it, I'm not sure. It's hard to write on it but I believe it was this section right here... not the cardboard. Specimen Q-23, residues of chloroform."

Oh my - she chloroformed her in that trunk....always suspected but hurts to actually hear it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member