2011.06.10 TRIAL Day Fifteen (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO is that the maggots were from the trash as she'd disposed of the body and the maggots then had nothing to feed on but the trash. We've heard her cell phone pings were in the neighborhood for 3-4 hours (if I recall) after GA went to work and she'd left.

Just heard Jean's update. I didn't get the previous witness saying anything about corpse maggots in the trunk

A bit O/T

I bet the defense's case only takes a week...at most.

I don't know...what with the way JB and CM can stretch things out!

Question...After she is found guilty don't we get to go penalty phase? Will it be televised? Just think of all the dirty laundry that will come out then!!

Even if ICA "accidentally" overdosed Caylee with chloroform and put her in a comatose state and then applied duct tape, which smothered her, it is still murder either way.

It's just a theory and my opinion only, but I think what probably happened (if you accept that Casey used chloroform on Caylee) is Casey probably accidentally killed Caylee with the chloroform, and was very careful not to get any prints on the duct tape. I think she was thinking about the nanny story long before this happened, and was ready to set up the fact that someone that cared about Caylee kidnapped her. In her mind, I bet she thought the heart on the duct tape would show that whoever did it loved Caylee. I have a feeling Caylee was already dead from the chloroform, and the duct tape was only there because she thought the chloroform wouldn't be found. I believe she probably wanted people to believe it was the duct tape that killed Caylee. This may have already been disproved, btw.. again, just my opinion!

I have never seen a trial with opposing counsel up in the other lawyers business like JB is. Why is he always doing that stuff? Why can he? I've never seen anything like it.

She needs to tell him to get out of her space. For crying eye!

I have never seen a defense attorney get up to inspect evidence when it is being examined in the manner in which Baez does during trial.

Am I imagining things, or is this highly outrageous behavior (and seemingly meant to disrupt the prosecution's case)?

Oh Baez, SIT DOWN! He has to get up with his big binder and look at the exhibits as if he knows what he is looking at.

<Unusual Person>!!!

Remember, that's the binder containing the names of every person in North America who is not a chemist.

As I recall there is a seriously good-looking guy on the jury...:innocent:

Yeah, but several comments a few pages back are saying ICA was / is glaring at someone in front of her and said something to DS like, they need to stop staring at me????

I'm just itching to know who she believes wants to look at her???

JB: So you have some training in entomology, do you not?
Yes I do.
JB: In fact you went to a course at the University of Florida, yes?
Yes.
JB: There are different stages of a maggot and other insects.
Yes.
t: A an entomologist can take these stages and determine the life cycle of that specific maggot, correct?
JB: and you were aware of this when the car was inspected by you on July 18?
No.
JB: You didn't see any insect activity in the back of that car on July 18?
No.
JB: All you saw was insect activity in the garbage bag?
Correct.

Casey's face the same for most of the afternoon: furrowed brow, lips tight.
by Jessica Steck/WESH.com at 4:52 PM

WOW! What a powerful day of testimony! I need a cocktail this evening.

No kidding!!! I was so exhausted that I napped after lunch:waitasec:

ICA looks as if she composed herself. What else did I miss:crazy:

wm

I just got home. How are things going? Did Baez make a dent in anything? Are things looking good for the prosecution??? real good or just so so?

Oh Baez, SIT DOWN! He has to get up with his big binder and look at the exhibits as if he knows what he is looking at.

<Unusual Person>!!!

He's probably hovering just to get away from the aura of disappointment surrounding ICA. IMO, things are very tense between them right now. He is failing her.

Would it have been possible for them to extract DNA from those maggots? Anyone know? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member