2011.06.10 TRIAL Day Fifteen (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new here so hope it's ok if I jump in.

But my biggest problem with the states case is the duct tape being the murder weapon. Very hard for me to believe that someone would try to suffocate a person with duct tape??. there are much easier ways to suffocate someone I am sure!

I even tried covering my own mouth and nose with the tape and could still successfully breath. So I don't know how other people feel about that.

I still believe she overdosed the child with chloroform

also what does ICA? mean? Icky Casey Anthony? Inmate? thx

:seeya:Welcome....I use it for Inmate Casey Anthony...but yours works too.

DrG is very good at explaining her points. She is keeping the attention of the jurors.
by stevehelling via twitter at 1:03 PM

Juror No 3 also does not have a note book in hand. #caseyanthony
by biancamprieto via twitter at 1:02 PM

What's she doing with her forehead?

I'm glad you noticed that. She wrinkled up her forehead when the Dr. stated suffocation by plastic bag is another form of suffcation. I took the wrinkled forehead of Casey to mean nope got that wrong it didn't happen like that. She didn't do it when the Dr. talked about chloroform.

Dr. G comes across so very well. Her smile is so beautiful. I think it was wise to have CM do this cross. I don't like CM's tone but he's far better than JB. His crosses get so rambling and take so very long.

I will say it's been good not to see JB today...

I've noticed, grandmaj. It goes along with her bizarre hand movements -- really ugly hands in my view -- creepy kind of way she has of touching and pulling on herself, etc.

It's strange...I have been thinking the same thing as far back as the first video @ target. There is something about her hands that bother me. I just can't quite figure it out. Her hands seem to posture and move quickly.

When Dr.G spoke the words my heart skipped a beat, I felt bad, just bad this is so wrong, poor Caylee.:(

JA w/Dr.G - provide envelope - canvas bag - received in evidence (kc puts on sweater)
KU - baby blanket (WTP) - received in evidence -
KM - body bag with vegetation - received in evidence after CM checked and confirmed w/JA....
KK - bag containing tied black plastic bag - received
KO - untied plastic bag- received
KR - bag contain shorts in the photo - she didn't see shorts in photo - she examined the shorts not the photos - received
KT - bag containing clothing/letters and stitching - received
KS - (approach counsel for a moment....JA - CM rather than have the Dr. open bag - hair mat - received

when we broke discussing cause and manner of death - manner classification of death based upon all info available...scientific, historic, medical, helps us to determine what happened....bring expertise ....Manner of Death in this Case is HOMICIDE.

based on 3 main items...first we know from observational studies experience - red flag child not reported immediately to LE if there is an injury....

body is hidden - one of the things we look for in homicide

bodies are in closed containers, not always but closed container or plastic bag - look for in a homicide

found in a field decomposed - duct tape on the lower half of it's face...no child should have duct tape on it's face when they died, no reason to [put duct tape on face after died....we see this as homicide

chain of events that ultimately results in person dying....cause is the thing that caused the death.....based upon skeletal remains....homicide of undetermine means.....it is a homicide but don't know the means in which homicide occured...

that duct tape was over mouth and nose possible, suffocation with plastic bag could have .....evidence of chloroform found in investigation of this case...could a child ingesting? chloroform cause death - yes...absolutely(?)

we don't have enough scientific information to determine means.....unless that trauma hurt those bones - can't say ....cannot rule out any trauma even gunshot that went past the bone.....even stomach injury wouldn't show .....not aware of any illness specifically asked for that infor and was told there were none historically...

cross -exam
CM - Dr. G....live in Orlando area...period of time 4 months prior to remains being found....aware of media attention....I don't watch news and listen to NPR - aware but not to the extent others....circus like atmosphere? don't know....a lot speculation about the case....if remains found ...she was hoping it would be Lake County - would have liked it to be out of Dist. 9, she came back to handle case....news or references prior about chloroform? told that by investigation there was a question of chloroform....reasoned perhaps it may have been used ....one of the possibility to examine....bring in an expert? brought in a toxicologist who had dealt with bones - not a common thing - Dr. Goldberger...Uof FL - sent to him piece of left femur....picture was tibia taken for dna...piece of the left femur sent to Gold... look for chloroform and other volitle chemicles....alcohol, isoporpenol....anything contributed to this child death....not a myriad very limited what to do with bone - whatever tests on bone could be were done....tried...all tests negative (he only looked for volitle)

present when DR. W. Spitz ? (object- sidebar)

CM gets a mini score. No chloroform found in bone. I'm not sure, though, how likely it might be to find traces of it in bone, either in a fresh body or one badly decomposed.

LOL Dr. G doesn't listen to news listens to NPR (?)
she is throwing DT theory that she got on this case for publicity.

Yes! I thought I was the only one. Home or car, NPR every day all day for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6