2011.06.14 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Eighteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just started going over the defense witness list, crossing off those not being called and trying to figure out what the ones left are gonna attest to....
I'm waiting on Dr. Spitz....he's going to try to discredit Dr. G.....AND, apparently he has a snarky attitude from what I've read about him.....

Just knowing he was on the Phil Spector payroll along with LKB says it all.

Snipped
Ageing Dr Spitz, who is being paid $5,000 (£2,500) a day by the defence, gave his evidence during a riveting encounter with prosecutor Alan Jackson.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1558690/Phil-Spector-was-splattered-with-blood.html

I get a quick time error on both. So just tell me what it is before I pop!!!!!! LOL

balloon-cat_gif-bin.gif

CM is mad at the judge for telling the jury that they may begin their CIC on Wednesday. CM says that they don't HAVE to even have a CIC. HHJP says "well then ya'll lied to me" ... CM says NOT. (meaning they have argued to the judge that they will present evidence to support say..a line of questioning they are following with a witness). CM then (after Judge says ya'll lied) says...Oh don't worry, we will put on a CIC.

ITA with you TexasDoll. It's like they mention something...then it fades off. They need to end this with an emotional pull. That, IMO, has been lost in all the science.
Maybe in the rebuttal after the defense puts on their case...? Or in closing?

I don't know, but I'm starting to believe that KC will not be found guilty of murder, but of a lesser charge and will get a 15-20 year sentence.

What did they say? Can someone please give a synopsis of the sidebar? Can't listen or watch at work. THANKS!

Synopsis: CM says HHJP, by telling the jurors a time frame the defense might need to put on their case, you have inferred that we must present a defense. We don't have to, in fact we might decide to rest but you have put this burden on us.

HHJP: If you are not putting on a defense then you have lied to me. Yes the hell you have.

CM: Ok, ok, we are putting on a defense but the point is that we might not have and this puts a burden on us. We want it read to the jury that we don't have to put on a case at all.

HHJP: IF you don't put on a case I will read something.

CM: Well we are putting on a case so nevermind.

HHJP: and by the way, I don't think I can trust anything you say anymore.

(me) WOW. just WOW.

I've been thinking about the SA's schedule revision to 'rest' their side a few days earlier than anticipated.
1) Hair banding ppt not allowed into evidence. This would have used up some more time & potentially a follow-up from another witness.
2) HHJP's comment to the defense on (sorry can't think of the right word - need more coffee!) redundant testimony. 2 is ok, but 3 is too much. They may have had more info to expound upon, but decided against it. KWIM?
3) Catch DT off guard - not hard to do, I know. (However, I'm not sure HHJP appreciated this, in light of eplaining to DT last week that DT NEEDED to be PREPARED, may take 5 days to get some witnesses to trial, etc.)

One last thought on Duct Tape...I think the video demostration purposely only showed one piece of duct tape. Minimalize the visual on a single piece of duct tape. In closing, drive home the point there were actually 3 pieces, not one.

Edit: In light of the sidebar conversation/revelation, nevermind of HHJP being upset @ SA for ending early. HA!

Many items were brought into evidence but not expounded upon. One of which is the 4th piece of duct tape. Also, the flyover & marking items of locations of bones. I need to review bone recovery location in relationship to 4th piece of duct tape. But, I think SA may be able to tie-in arm/hand bones & location of 4th piece of duct tape, which iirc contained 'fine hairs'.
IMO

In this downtime yesterday afternoon and this a.m., I have gone back and read some depos....Nick Savage, Kronk's transcript of questioning...and I can say I ABSOLUTELY see why they were not called by the PT. Opens a huge can of worms. Just go read a bit if you have any questions.

Good morning everyone. While I was showering this morning, I was thinking about the case (which I think is funny and sad at the same time) and particularly what everyone says about how ineffective JB is and how it is absolutely crazy to hire an inexperienced lawyer when you are facing the death penalty (as is so well evidenced by him not knowing the answers to questions BEFORE he asks the witness).

I remember Cindy in some of the jail tapes questioning JB and KC defending him without really having a clue. KC shot herself in the foot by not allowing people who actually love her (faults and all) give her some input when it came to this guy. Almost like an abuser himself, JB had her cut all ties to everyone on the outside world BUT him. Kind of amazing that abuse is the angle he chose when he used some of those same tactics to keep KC on the hook (thinking with his overly inflamed ego that this would be the case that MAKES - rather than breaks - his career).

Anyway - thats my nugget for this morning. Off to hang out in the real world and hopefully tire out my kids so they take a great afternoon nap and I can watch the SA wrap it all up uninterrupted (yeah, not likely but a Mom can dream).
I've had the same thought about JB cutting ICA off from everyone but himself,initially.Than ,just the people he approves.He controlled every bit of info she received. Lee tried to warn her,also.
And those hours she spent at his office.Just all,totally inappropriate ,IMO.

Now he seems to running the show,despite having other experienced lawyers and it's to ICA's detriment.
Initially ,before Caylee was found , a DP lawyer was brought in (Lenamon?) and after he laid out his arguments against the DP he left.I believe he said he could not agree with the defense strategy,or something to that effect.
He would have been ICA's saving grace.Too bad for her.

Quick question..has the prosecution even mentioned the "syringe" or the "trunk outline stain of Caylee"? Did I miss something? I would think those things would be pretty important...IMHO.

I've been thinking about the SA's schedule revision to 'rest' their side a few days earlier than anticipated.
1) Hair banding ppt not allowed into evidence. This would have used up some more time & potentially a follow-up from another witness.
2) HHJP's comment to the defense on (sorry can't think of the right word - need more coffee!) redundant testimony. 2 is ok, but 3 is too much. They may have had more info to expound upon, but decided against it. KWIM?
3) Catch DT off guard - not hard to do, I know. (However, I'm not sure HHJP appreciated this, in light of eplaining to DT last week that DT NEEDED to be PREPARED, may take 5 days to get some witnesses to trial, etc.)

One last thought on Duct Tape...I think the video demostration purposely only showed one piece of duct tape. Minimalize the visual on a single piece of duct tape. In closing, drive home the point there were actually 3 pieces, not one.

Many items were brought into evidence but not expounded upon. One of which is the 4th piece of duct tape. Also, the flyover & marking items of locations of bones. I need to review bone recovery location in relationship to 4th piece of duct tape. But, I think SA may be able to tie-in arm/hand bones & location of 4th piece of duct tape, which iirc contained 'fine hairs'.
IMO

Excellent theory.

"Yes the hell you did"...........JP (about the defense lying to him) And Mason says "they may or may not put on a defense", but later says they will.

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28227726/index.html

INTERESTING.............

I think the whole purpose of the spat/fit thrown by CM was that he wanted HHJP to tell the jury that the defense did not HAVE to put on a case..

but guess what? the defense team's opening statement placed a burden squarely on their shoulders and like Bill S. said yesterday: now the jury is going to sit back and wait for them (dt) to prove their case...

burdon is on YOU defense team! :rocker:

IMO
I don't believe new evidence can be entered during the rubuttal phase. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have?

I get a quick time error on both. So just tell me what it is before I pop!!!!!! LOL

balloon-cat_gif-bin.gif

There may be a yellow or blue bar near the top of your screen that explains what the problem is. Your computer may need you to download an active x control, a program, or give it permission to handle the file. Check there first and if you still can't open it, right click the link and download it to your hard drive and view from there.

Quick question..has the prosecution even mentioned the "syringe" or the "trunk outline stain of Caylee"? Did I miss something? I would think those things would be pretty important...IMHO.

I really, really wanted that stain evidence to come in. I also think there is not just ONE witness left. I believe we will see a couple of witnesses. I think yesterday their timing was off because the PowerPointPresentation wasn't allowed in.

They entered the picture of the stain I believe.

Maybe in the rebuttal after the defense puts on their case...? Or in closing?

I don't know, but I'm starting to believe that KC will not be found guilty of murder, but of a lesser charge and will get a 15-20 year sentence.

Gawd, I hope they (jury) are not of the mind set that because Baez is such a screw-up that makes them feel sorry for Casey because she didn't have a good lawyer. jmo

IIRC, I don't think the State can tell the jury the stain is an outline of Caylee, because it's not clear that it is. I could only see the outline once it was drawn, but even then I wasn't really convinced. And I don't think the syringe is important, but I'd love for another sleuther to show me I'm wrong and that the State will mention it.

And this makes you an enabler! THANK YOU !

This photo is the most disturbing picture I have seen of ICA to date. She really looks like the wicked witch of the west and with the hook of the captain. I am sure that she perceived this gesture to be flirty and cute but frankly, it is totally nasty and disgusting. To think that little Caylee saw this face before she died nauseates me.

Casey Jordan on IS was saying earlier that the DT is in a "lose-lose" situation. They have painted themselves into a corner, just like their client. If they put Casey on the stand, they lose. If they don't put her on the stand, they lose.

:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member