2011.06.14 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Eighteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth K. on In Session said this morn. that the DT added a new witness. A producer for Fox News will say that CA told him she left the ladder up at the pool. Didn't take it down. I wonder who this is? Friend of Geraldo, perhaps??

It appears to me CMason deliberately set His Honor up to be upset with the DT....not good for His Honor to not believe anything the DT has to say...poetic of course for ICA but where does it leave the Judge? With such a hostile taste in his mouth..isn't good for he's the one who does the sentencing...Foolish, foolish move on CMason's part...I now believe he should have retired well before he took on this case, just for fun...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Would the sidebar comments be cause for Re-Trial?

I personally believe that KC intentionally murdered Caylee, but I don't think the State has really show that...yet.

I believe so too and I don't remember the state giving a motive for the murder yet. Are they saving it for the closing statements I wonder?

Yeah, I feel like something is missing from the SA's case, but then I wonder if it is because we "know" so much? After three years of this we have absorbed everything, there is no way for the SA to go into all of it. So this AM, I decided it's not that they are coming up short......we are just too long. :great:
IMO, the long AND short of it is, Ms Antony will be found guilty 1st degree. :)

I'm not surprised at this development. I suspected that something like this might happen when Baez motioned (again!) for a mistrial, and HHJP told him that he would not rule on any further mistrial requests until right before the verdict was read. I took that as a signal from the Judge that he expected the DT put on a case. jmo
I might be wrong but I think the judge said he could wait to rule on any mistrial up into the point of the verdict being read. I think he said he could look at the verdict first then rule on a mistrial motion. That would make that whole statement very powerful. He could see it was a not guilty verdict and still grant the mistrial allowing the potential for another trial instead of setting Casey free.

In this downtime yesterday afternoon and this a.m., I have gone back and read some depos....Nick Savage, Kronk's transcript of questioning...and I can say I ABSOLUTELY see why they were not called by the PT. Opens a huge can of worms. Just go read a bit if you have any questions.

ITA...to much stuff.....

Originally Posted by suepitzl
Anyone think the witness could be Dom Casey, coming out of hiding?

He does not live out of state, and would not have to fly in today, unless he moved?
And I think if he was put on, it would create much more follow-up testimony than could be covered today and half a day tomorrow. IMO

What about Jesse, or does he live in Florida, as she lied to him, and told him that Caylee was his, till his Father made him get a pat. test, and then she got rid of him, as I am sure that his family had enough of her with her free meal ticket!! I am sure she does not know who the father really is, which shows another lie to the LE when she told them he died 2 years prior to the death of Caylee.

I personally believe that KC intentionally murdered Caylee, but I don't think the State has really show that...yet.

I also believe that Casey murdered Caylee intentionally, but in order to get a murder conviction, the State doesn't really have to prove that it was intentional. Using chloroform on a baby is aggravated child abuse and if I remember correctly, if that child dies from the abuse, it is murder. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that applying chloroform to a two-year-old child's face could cause death. She knew Caylee could have died... and did it anyways. It's murder.

The same thing with the duct tape. Placing three long pieces of duct tape over a two-year-old child's face is aggravated child abuse. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that applying duct tape to a child's face could cause death. She knew it could cause death and did it anyways. It's murder.

I actually believe that the defense's theory on what happened is what is going to prove that Casey murdered Caylee intentionally. The State doesn't have to do anything to prove it because Casey is still lying about the events of what happened. I think the jury is going to come to the conclusion that Casey is even more evil than I gave her credit for. And that she is hellbent on lying until the bitter end... no matter who she continues to hurt.

is it possible that the last witness will be an FBI person or someone who made a ping map and overlapped it with key events?

An FBI person would probably have a really good excuse to delay court.

Yeah, I feel like something is missing from the SA's case, but then I wonder if it is because we "know" so much? After three years of this we have absorbed everything, there is no way for the SA to go into all of it. So this AM, I decided it's not that they are coming up short......we are just too long. :great:

I don't think the jury needs to hear the minutia just the main facts are evidence enough, they don't listen to the talking heads or attorneys who have jumped ship and still want a piece of the action.

All they have is the very devastating facts and a defendant who arguably is the biggest liar in history, coupled with a decidedly unlikable defense team.

This is like a chess game and I am sure beyond a reasonable doubt the DT is going to be tipping their king after they are quashed by the SA. JMO

IS thinking it might be Tim Miller....I think he is on a case in Indiana right now??

I might be wrong but I think the judge said he could wait to rule on any mistrial up into the point of the verdict being read. I think he said he could look at the verdict first then rule on a mistrial motion. That would make that whole statement very powerful. He could see it was a not guilty verdict and still grant the mistrial allowing the potential for another trial instead of setting Casey free.

Hi Dr. Fessel. That is EXACTLY what I heard and how I interpreted HHJP's statement re ruling on mistrial motions. However, there were many here who disagreed. Did we ever get a lawyer type to answer that question?

I'd love to see the cross the SA's put on any witness who comes forward saying Cindy told them differently- I think the DT needs to be very careful on what they allow into the trial... because it could open a can of worms back at them they don't want.

From the testimony given, the analyst found heart shaped residue while using an instrument on the duct tape. She had a supervisor concur with her about what it looked like, but because of the other tests being done on the tape, the residue apparently was lost, so they could not get the image to show up again. No pictures were taken, and it doesn't appear that the heart shaped sticker that matched this particular image was ever found (at least they never presented it into evidence).

So, I guess, no they didn't hammer it home, although having the expert testify to it, and having a supervisor confirm what they saw, I, suppose, is good enough. As someone said yesterday, the tests being done on the duct tape that destroyed the heart image, were far more important than the heart image itself.

Looking at the photobucket pics sited upthread, there was a picture of the heart shape on the duct tape and it fluoresced blue...why are they saying there are no pics of it. We have seen the gluey outline for years now? The only thing I can figure is that the finger print tech didn't take a picture but trace evidence techs did?

Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?

I feel like a kid again in the back of the car heading to the beach asking every 10 seconds..
"are we there yet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member