2011.06.14 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Eighteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth K. on In Session said this morn. that the DT added a new witness. A producer for Fox News will say that CA told him she left the ladder up at the pool. Didn't take it down. I wonder who this is? Friend of Geraldo, perhaps??

Not Mark Fuhrman???

OMG!!! They are going for the OJ defense....Juannie Cockran he is NOT....

Excellent, but that is exactly what he wants, he could care less about Ms.
Casey!!!

That's part of the reason for the Shakesphere quote in my signature line. Once the play is over, this actress will be weeping in the mirror alone, like the aged acress portrayed by Gloria Swanson in the movie Sunset Boulevard.

Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?

I feel like a kid again in the back of the car heading to the beach asking every 10 seconds..
"are we there yet"

I know. I may break down and go to the grocery store just to kill time. Plus feed my family later. You know.

I don't think the jury needs to hear the minutia just the main facts are evidence enough, they don't listen to the talking heads or attorneys who have jumped ship and still want a piece of the action.

All they have is the very devastating facts and a defendant who arguably is the biggest liar in history, coupled with a decidedly unlikable defense team.

This is like a chess game and I am sure beyond a reasonable doubt the DT is going to be tipping their king after they are quashed by the SA. JMO

Well...my law clerk was not intimately familiar with this case. I got her to start listening to the trial. While she has been dumbfounded at the lies, etc. by ICA, when she heard yesterday that the SAO's would be resting...she was like...THERE ARE HOLES I NEED FILLED IN.

My DD who didn't know much about it, except that I was TOTALLYOBSESSED :))) got hooked from the first day of trial. She said last night that she doesn't think the jury will give the DP. Her reasoning is that unless the crime is bloody and gory, the jury will have a hard time giving death to a young mother who POTENTIALLY was sexually abused, and where there is no direct evidence, only circumstantial.

:maddening:

What about Jesse, or does he live in Florida, as she lied to him, and told him that Caylee was his, till his Father made him get a pat. test, and then she got rid of him, as I am sure that his family had enough of her with her free meal ticket!! I am sure she does not know who the father really is, which shows another lie to the LE when she told them he died 2 years prior to the death of Caylee.

If I remember correctly, the State was only supposed to stay with the facts of the actual crime. They could not go back into Casey's past and use things against her that had nothing to do with the evidence in this case. The only reason the computer searches for chloroform were allowed to be introduced is because high levels of chloroform were found in Casey's car.

I am sure a lot of this will be brought up during the sentencing phase. If we get there.

Yeah, I feel like something is missing from the SA's case, but then I wonder if it is because we "know" so much? After three years of this we have absorbed everything, there is no way for the SA to go into all of it. So this AM, I decided it's not that they are coming up short......we are just too long. :great:
When I checked my bias at the door and went back and watched the State putting on their case, it seems to me they are throwing punches and stopping just short of landing one. The are really damaging the DT, but if I'm looking at this objectively, I can posit that KC put the duct tape over Caylee's face in a panic after she was dead (like if KC was tired of Caylee's tantrum and put her hand over her mouth to shut her up, but accidentally blocked her airways and suffocated her). With the adrenaline pumping, it makes a person think quicker on their feet. Much quicker in my experience. I can see someone like KC, who is a sociopath, IMO, wrapping duct tape half-hazardly around her baby's face, then hiding Caylee in the trunk until she could think what to do next.

Again, I personally think the duct tape was the murder weapon, but that's because I've read so darn much about this case and drew my conclusions from the plethora of doc dumps. I'm privy to all of that but the jury, sadly, is not.

And I adore Dr Vass so much, but the chloroform evidence is a gamble and I'm not sure the jury "got it".

My opinion...

Something that has not been mentioned in this trial and possibly in other depos, etc: Were shoes or underpants/pull ups found with Caylee's remains...if this has never been discussed, why is that being ignored? It would seem that both of those items might help folks to believe that Caylee left with ICA and was killed in or near the car. If she did drown and was placed in the car then perhaps ICA neglected to put underwear and shoes on Caylee when she dressed her for disposal.

Beth K. on In Session said this morn. that the DT added a new witness. A producer for Fox News will say that CA told him she left the ladder up at the pool. Didn't take it down. I wonder who this is? Friend of Geraldo, perhaps??

I saw that interview with Mark Furhman way back when. I DO NOT recall Cindy saying she left the ladder up on the pool. I recall her saying she came home to find the ladder on the pool and she called George asking him if he left the ladder up.

Will the state do closing arguments today or do those happen at the very end of the trial?

I've been missing here for a few days, our little dog Ben passed on, and I have no idea what's going on.

Teresa

I'm so sorry Teresa. We lost our little old dog a month or 2 ago. ((hugs))

K, I think it would be great if they would put on the photo bucket person to show the pictures had been dumped and the the tatoo guy about the tatoo.

What were the dates on those ???

Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?

I feel like a kid again in the back of the car heading to the beach asking every 10 seconds..
"are we there yet"

..and I have to leave at 4:00 today for a wedding, missing the last hour :banghead:

The Judge was telling the Jury that the state was almost finished and the defense would begin Wed. or Thurs. They went to sidebar and CM was complaining the Judge told the jury they were presenting a case when they may or may not. JP said 'then ya'll lied to me'. Mason said 'no'. JP said 'yes the hell yes you did'. Mason said they were going to present evidence so not to worry about it and JP said 'I can't trust anything ya'll say'.

I paraphrased but that is the gist of it I think.

BBM: I say GO GO GO :HHJP:

I think he has had enough of the DT's "shenanigans" !!!

Does anyone but the SA know who this witness is that we are waiting for? Does the SA have to tell the DT or are they waiting to find out who it is like we are?

I've been reading eveything to do with ICA and I can't believe she stole $45 grand between her parents and grandparents, that's a big chunk of change for a 21 to 22 year old..Something should have been done to her then!

I do not believe the state will rest today.

I believe it will be on Thurs. the 16th of June, the day Caylee died, and I believe they will go out with a bang- Caylee will sing to these jurors, "you are my sunshine"

Caylee will be the last witness in the state's case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz