2011.06.14 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Eighteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the A'S have a moral obligation to CAYLEE and I personally believe they should have just had CASEY plea guilty and try to move on with their lives.They would not be going through all this grief and trying to keep her off DR,she probably would have got LWOP.They still get to visit her and help her and when all is said and done,they can sit down and remember a beautiful little girl-who BTW was murdered and did NOT have to die!
Do you really think that the A's could have forced Casey to plead guilty? I don't, not for a moment. As far as I know, the A's have not visited Casey since not long after she was arrested.

I am confused about something. The jury collectively asked about reviewing items of evidence. I thought they were not allowed to discuss the case together? :no:

Do we know the state has rested, or are they saying they will in the morning?

Do you really think that the A's could have forced Casey to plead guilty? I don't, not for a moment. As far as I know, the A's have not visited Casey since not long after she was arrested.

OK..maybe I should have wrote...SOMEONE JB,or any of her other 4 lawyers and as controling as CA was I add her!

UMM-OK..well maybe someone should have TRIED to talk her into plea guilty!

Like who? How do you know that someone didn't try? They A's haven't communicated with her since the taped visits way back when.

I am confused about something. The jury collectively asked about reviewing items of evidence. I thought they were not allowed to discuss the case together? :no:
They don't have to engage in discussion of the evidence in order to agree they wish to see it. As HHJP said, it's their right.

if ONE juror asked, the judge would still say "the jury wishes to see..."

perhaps one asked, and another said oh hey I wondered about that too.

we cant assume they did not heed all previous admonitions!

OK..maybe I should have wrote...SOMEONE JB,or any of her other 4 lawyers and as controling as CA was I add her!

It seems to me that Casey was doing the controlling, everyone was jumping through her hoops, not Cindy's.

One thing we have to remember- if there is evidence the SA figures could be twisted, they're not going to introduce it. While we'd love them to do so and clear all the confusion up - there may be some items they're concerned about being open up to the DT in cross. They are showing their best evidence... It's smart not to introduce stuff that could backfire.

Like who? How do you know that someone didn't try? They A's haven't communicated with her since the taped visits way back when.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that JB begged ICA to take a plea, along with all the rest, all the way till OS. I refuse to believe any of them let alone all of them were so foolish to NOT tell ICA what was in her best interest.

Do we know the state has rested, or are they saying they will in the morning?

They'll rest tomorrow. A few housekeeping chores (motions perhaps, entering evidence that was overlooked so never formally entered, etc.) Afterwards, the defense will ask for a directed verdict, meaning that the prosecution hasn't proven its case in chief, and the defendent should be found not guilty. This will be summarily denied by the judge, and it looks like the defense will begin presenting witnesses on Thursday.

I'm so confused about CA's testimony today. Were both sides trying to impeach her? What would it have meant if they had (impeached her)?

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that JB begged ICA to take a plea, along with all the rest, all the way till OS. I refuse to believe any of them let alone all of them were so foolish to NOT tell ICA what was in her best interest.

I agree with you, it would have been very negligent of JB NOT to advise Casey to take a plea, but then again, JB does want his 15 minutes.

It seems to me that Casey was doing the controlling, everyone was jumping through her hoops, not Cindy's.

All I'm saying is...This trail would not have happened and the A'S would not be going through hell if she had plea guility! I realize CASEY is full of herself and wanted things her way!But an xperience lawyer should have told her what goes on in a trial!And her being full of herself did not listen and because of that she may very well end up on DEATH ROW!

All I'm saying is...This trail would not have happened and the A'S would not be going through hell if she had plea guility! I realize CASEY is full of herself and wanted things her way!But an xperience lawyer should have told her what goes on in a trial!And her being full of herself did not listen and because of that she may very well end up on DEATH ROW!

That is likely exactly what happened, we are not privy to lawyer/client communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8