2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so there is DNA on the shovel that is NOT from a man but has a female peek? I am not sure what this means.

So it could be from a woman and KC is a woman. I don't get it.

Poor JA is getting angry! I am sure a majority of his anger is due to JB pointless questioning all morning too!

JA needs to settle down a bit. He can make his argument without getting angry.
Agreed.

To be fair, if I were a juror I'd wonder why he's having a meltdown over this evidence. JA needs to play it cool.

The DNA on the shovel could be from a female or a male, per the expert. Not enough DNA there to know for sure.

I want to hug JA. I understand why he's frustrated.

I like HHJP methodically asking the witness whether it's DNA. He's soooo calm.

He's going to let him question her on this.

Judge has a point though. JA has every opportunity to downplay this during cross.

Good job, Perry letting him ask question in front of Jury. If he hadn't then that could possibly be brought up in a review for appeal. KWIM?

I really get tired of JA getting yelled at by the judge but JB can get away with baiting him. MOO

Me too. Ever since the hearings it has been the same way. If JB acts like an *** HHJP will pat his hand and say Now,Now, lets's play nice...
If JA says anything he doesn't like he gets super critical.

Seubert said @ 55 RFU's indicated a female...but such a small level would not be able with certainty....JA what is the relevance of that? JB there is something there - nothing more.....huge difference between inclusion or exclusion......if passes 50 threshold indicates something there....fair game for cross when JA wants to get up and say you cant say this you cant do that.......

JA problem is counsel going to elicit this and some time tell the jury could have been.....
not relevant.

JB if not relevant why is he?
HBP - Mr. Ashton calm down sit down

not concerned.....anything else to say about her testimony JB? NO
JA = submit scientific meaningless result is not relavant - my concern counsel without elicit from witness....argue something not scientific correct -

HHBP - to witness....what does the result mean....all I can say peak there .... is it dna? consider it is a peak above 50RFU's no other info other than there is a peak....it an X...from a female could be from a male such a low level ...doesn't satisfy conclusion ....a n absence from a Y peak....draw absolutely no conclusions there..

HHBP will cut both short....allow you to ask question....JA can take up in cross ....

Witness it is a level ....not in her report must be speaking from a table .....

return jury

JURY OUT OF COURTROOM -

PROFFER OF HEATHER SEUBERT BY JM:

Anolugen peak of shovel - X for female at 55 RFU's

BY JA - Does this exclude it as being from a man? It is so limited that she cannot draw any inference.

JA - OBJECTION - a result that no scientific data can be found.

JB - not asking for results or that it came from a female. If it reaches 50 threshold, then it is more than an artifact.

JA - what is the relevance of that?

JB - relevance is that DNA is there. Nothing more. This is fair game for cross examination. All he wants to elicit is that there was a portion of DNA there - nothing more.

JA - to what end? At some later point is he going to argue that it could have been amplified. Unless it is relevant to an issue...

JB - if it is irrelevant - then why is the shovel in evidence.

JA - began speaking.

HHJBP - Sit down Mr. Ashton.

JA - Fact that there is a scientifically meaningless result is not relevant and he is concerned that he is later going to argue something that is scientifically incorrect.

HHJBP - converse is that you can ask in cross.

HHJBP to Witness - Results mean what?

Witness - there is a peak.

HHJBP - Is it DNA.

Witness - considering the threshold is at 55 RFU's, it is consistent with an X at the locus. She has no other info than there is a peak. An X could possibly be from a female, could be from a male. Her conclusion does not satisfy the reporting criteria and no conclusion can be offered.

JB - Not asking for any conclusion.

HHJBP - permitting JB to ask question and State can cross.

Witness - It is a level, since not in her report, she would be speaking from a result from a table.

Jury coming back in.

The DNA on the shovel could be from a female or a male, per the expert. Not enough DNA there to know for sure.

This is pointless, I'm sure a female lives in the house she borrowed it from, and we know males do. What is the point to all of this? If the SA found Casey's DNA on the shovel they would have presented it.

And to think I was in front of my computer watching live at 5:45am!! If JB's point is to show reasonable doubt, I have to honestly say it is not working for me. The State presented evidence that ties Casey and Casey ALONE to Caylee's death. The fact that there is a lack of blood evidence, is consistent with the State's case that Caylee died through the means of duct tape and chloroform neither of which should or would produce blood.

Can the jury dole out a punishment to JB for wasting their time??? Because he sure is wasting my time and punishing me.

So, JP allows JB to ask the questions knowing JA will 'clear it up on cross'. Doesn't that say it all?

I have been watching this trial (while at work) since the beginning. Every morning I have the "live" feed minimized on one screen and "websleuths" minimized on the other. I just wanted to thank you all for posting because I just cannot listen to Baez today...... and I am so thankful you guys are able to tolerate him and are sharing the trial with me!

I think HHJP mollycoddle's JB because he knows they're up **** creek without a paddle. I think he pities him and is trying to make it less obvious.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member