2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense to me. It's a trunk. It's sometimes open, sometimes closed. So they sometimes have access and sometimes not.

#CaseyAnthony Ha! Huntingon just said like any parent, flies want their children to do well. Didn't know flies have parenting skills

YES! JA's scenario is possible.

stevehelling Steve Helling
Juror 15 was that girl in high school who took really complete notes. #CaseyAnthony

I don't think this is going how JB wanted it to.

I expect the witness to have to go to the restroom to check his blood sugar any moment now. Conveniently accompanied by a defense team member with a Smartphone, of course.

JA needs to calm down, poor thing is on the edge.

This witness looks VERY dishonest. If I were a juror I wouldn't believe him for a minute. Dr. Haskell wins hands down.

Witness: "Anything is possible."

Okay, so why is he even there if he can't rule out any scenario?

OMG I almost feel bad for this guy..... he is eating his words. And Casey is not happy.

JA objects Dr. H testify to botany....out of scope object - overrule

did you find early colonizers within the bag - blow flies 3 examples - early colonizers found in area A where remains found...only early colonizer was from the bag itself....reinforces that the body was moved....after decomp process in bag or container you would expect some insects to made it pupal stage moved with the body...not finding them if the body would have decomposed at that site would have been found with the body and in much greater numbers....

Cross exam - Dr. H - JA

do mean to suggest this body was fully skeletonized and then moved....early stages of decomposed....when said body decomposed elsewhere - primarily refer to early stages of decomp defined as ......number ways to describe most taphony between 3-24 stages ...he described 5 stages -fresh,bloat, early/active, advance decay and remains.

early - fresh and or bloat and end of active decay possible.....how long does it take on a child's body....not sure research how many degree days on a small child between 2 and 3 years...accumulated degree days - math avg. temp times number of days....object- finish answer....
fill it in for us...

accumulated degree day average daily temp minus the threshhold temp....it is important there are some scientists who don't think you need to do that.....minimum base threshhold temp - there is a temp at which bio process stops - depending on the process depends on the temp ...math construct no real bio meaning other than math works use correct temp.....2 days @ 90 degrees? depends on bio process or insect species....decomp is temp dependant....used accumulated dgree days.....2 days @ 90 would be 180 accumulatd degree days....in terms of decomp or anything a min threshold of zero makes math easy ....not based on any specific model....could say min 20 degrees has no bio construct just math......

2 90 degree days equal how many 60 degree days.....1 1/2 averg temps...

2 days @ 90 degrees would equal 3 days of 60 degrees days...this body was at another location before moved to suburban drive? number of days....hard to say environment...if body was in fridge 0 could be months....very hot outside lets say today is day one (Yea! GO JA!)

95 degrees today - probably around 2-3 or maybe 4 days....with assumptions in mind body placed in finally found location - assume those conditions....remained in that location from that point foreward...if they were placed directly with that scene it would be consistently....nothing bout the scene that would refute that? he is hesitating but consistent with a lot of scenarios but yes......body was in another location as far as temp is assumed .....early colonizers unable to get to it? NO...there were early colonizers on thebody in very low numbers...had some access...at some point.....object- overrule

Dr. H insects had access to body in early decomp - body moved some point thereafter....body be inaccessable except for very late stage.....not talking about precise window it doesn't go from insects do like the body then dont - depends on the circumstances....definate window loose attraction to remains for food resource for offspring not attracted or colonize remains unfavorable to their offspring...@ some point flies switch off when remains no longer attractive....not attracted @ night time...lay eggs during day....can be the next day they won't....early colonizers on it and someone washed it off? didn't say that ...if body was available to them why weren't they there? not @ scene his opinion of post mortem movement - insects go with body that is their food source....if food source was with the remains ...where body was what it was contained in......between time eggs laid and larvae the body was moved? a couple examples work in this example....body moved late in feeding stages of maggots - left teh body in large numbers ony a few remain.....one scenario take much longer....

2nd large number of maggots remeoved andf then body transported.

3rd large number of maggots placed in bags and then moved....

4th scenario? body was inaccessible to flies? body had to be accessible to flies....early colonizers were associated with the body ...they did have access.....

JA grabs picture of bugs...flies gain access how long did it take...not simultaneous they all come @ once....not possible the body kept certain time inaccess to early colonizer then moved ....not possible? anything is possible....talk aboutthe one I asked it is possible? do you recall giving depO? recall giving 2 depos...

Dr. Haskell statement report - look @ his report

Making him refer to Haskell's report.

JA using JB's exhibit of the decomp pig.

decomp pig.jpg

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
State is tearing up the defense expert
2 minutes ago

And again a bug guy testifies bugs are better mothers than ICA. Who, by the way is listening dispassionately.

He just did, didn´t he!!! I wish I remembered it word for word, but it was something like this:
"They (the cadaver flies), like all other species, want to create the best conditions for their offspring, so they will do well!"

So they are better parents than Casey, the coffin flies of whatever they are!!! I am sorry, but I have to laugh, even if this is very, very tragic! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96