2011.06.18 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe Dr. Spitz did not remember being on many of the shows he was? Maybe he's becoming a bit senile.

I did see that exchange between JA and Dr. Spitz at the end. I didn't give it much thought until tiredblondy's post.

IMO it could have been something along the lines of "well played". Not that Dr. Spitz said that or anything...just a sign of respect for the talent.

Do you believe Dr. Spitz did not remember being on many of the shows he was? Maybe he's becoming a bit senile.
IMO he has selective memory and is in no way senile or he might have answered a question or two honestly.
remember it's harder to lie than tell the truth...
MOO

FYI VIDEO INFO

I just realized that I do not have to watch the whole video to get to the end...I push play then when it starts playing I just move that little white dot to the end, or the middle and the video will go there.... Wow I am thrilled!
:woohoo:

Did you guys know that???

IMO he has selective memory and is in no way senile or he might have answered a question or two honestly.
MOO

I so agree I think he is rather cagey which is why he appreciated JA's cross.

Yes I heard all of that but based on his experience a complete autopsy should include a look inside the skull and an examination of bone marrow.

As for the argument that he cares more about high profile cases and not as much about unknown cases, he said 'no, of course every case has people who care' about the results of an autopsy. I understood exactly what he meant and do believe, since this case was already a big news story, that it wouldn't hurt to do everything that may be needed in response to questioning. Why wouldn't Dr. G allow him to come into her chambers and review with him what she had done? I'm not saying that I don't trust her,
not at all am I saying that, but if she had invited him in, what happened today could have been avoided.

I sure hope this has been answered somewhere - when Dr. G. did the autopsy on the remains, the body had not yet been identified as Caylee's. That is the reason the DT was denied entrance to the site, and the reason Dr. Spitz was not allowed into the autopsy.

As mentioned in many posts, the remains sat on a shelf for many many weeks before Dr. Spitz got himself down to Orlando to do the second autopsy.

Now, we've spent the morning listening to Dr. Spitz testify about the autopsy he did. He commented on how clean the bones were, that were was no material adhering to the bones whatsoever - in other words, he appeared to be completely unaware the body had been completely skeletonized by the time he did the autopsy. And he did not wear gloves when he did his autopsy. Given all that, do you think he actually asked to see Dr. G.'s notes beyond her autopsy report? Cause I don't.

MOO

yeah, but Dr. Spitz did not seem to remember many things besides being on all of those shows.

(Stompin' foot) Dammit! Why are the best explosive moments when I'm out of pocket?! I had to leave for work this morning literally moments before Baez was hammered by His Honor Judge Belvin Perry. I was able to listen via iPhone in my car, thank God. But I haven't been able to get online to either watch it or share with my WS family. Of course, no one at my work shares my obsession. (What the heck is wrong with these people, anyway?)

Anyway, I know I'm extremely late to the party, but WTH? No, I mean really... WTH?! Baez blatantly breaks the rules - again, defies HHJP's order and then... and THEN has the ginormous testicles to LIE to the Court and then try to blame his own witness. As if that's not enough, he went for the State as well. Good God! Oh and then, yeah... it just keeps getting better and better, he vigorously disagreed with the good Judge. He doesn't have enough basic common sense to just say, 'Yes, Sir' to the honorable Judge and slink off to his seat with his tail between his legs. Noooo... no sir, he he becomes defiant. :thud:I simply could not believe it! My eyes were bulging out and I was trembling as I was listening to His Honor. Baez's arrogance is off flippin' the charts!

Whew... I've been busting at the seams all day to post that and come to read everyone's reaction. I'm off to watch the re-runs and read the trial thread. I can't wait to read your reactions to all this. :seeya:

And the stink eye! I'm sure I saw JB giving HHJP the stink eye.

I sure hope this has been answered somewhere - when Dr. G. did the autopsy on the remains, the body had not yet been identified as Caylee's. That is the reason the DT was denied entrance to the site, and the reason Dr. Spitz was not allowed into the autopsy.

As mentioned in many posts, the remains sat on a shelf for many many weeks before Dr. Spitz got himself down to Orlando to do the second autopsy.

Now, we've spent the morning listening to Dr. Spitz testify about the autopsy he did. He commented on how clean the bones were, that were was no material adhering to the bones whatsoever - in other words, he appeared to be completely unaware the body had been completely skeletonized by the time he did the autopsy. And he did not wear gloves when he did his autopsy. Given all that, do you think he actually asked to see Dr. G.'s notes beyond her autopsy report? Cause I don't.

He didn't use gloves? That's hard to believe. How did you learn this?

I did see that exchange between JA and Dr. Spitz at the end. I didn't give it much thought until tiredblondy's post.

IMO it could have been something along the lines of "well played". Not that Dr. Spitz said that or anything...just a sign of respect for the talent.

Yes I agree. It just was so obivious to me and I don't think JA was expecting it. So it was a nice moment.

I need to go back and check her testimony, but I am pretty sure that Dr. G testified that it is office protocol to not allow observers and outsiders in the autopsy room. She was following protocol :)

Jean C addressed this on HLN today....said it was County policy to only allow pertinent people such as LE to attend the autopsy with Dr. G

Spitz - some hair probably there and some hair not there - some she cut hair some not cut
[Spitz is referring to the Medical Examiner here, Dr. G as "she".]
Ashton told him that ME Dr. Utz had to cut Caylee's hair to remove the tape because the hair was stuck to the tape.

Oh Dear, I totally sympathize with ya. Brutal. Yes, you got the first part where WS said SHE. Slip of the tongue.

Let me know when ya need a refill, bar is always open here :toast:

To complete your post:
starting at 8:43

JA Do you recall from the autopsy report that Dr Utz had to cut the hair in order to remove the tape and hair that was stuck to the tape.

WS after a pause, some of this hair was still there and some hair would probably not be there ,,, pause ... so some of the hair she probably needed to cut and some of the hair she did not need to cut.

JA asks for states exhibit 215 (Caylee's skull with her hair on top) taken at ME office.

WS my words - he goes on the say this is not the photo he viewed.

JA then asks for states exhibit 209 (Caylee's skull with hair mat and duct tape still holding the mandible in tact from the recovery site).

WS my words - he says this is staged ..... oh I cannot type what he said, I am too pizzed with the DT to even listen further.

JA asks again if WS is alleging the photos were staged by ME or LE. He ends his cross, wisely.

And the stink eye! I'm sure I saw JB giving HHJP the stink eye.
Ahhhh, THE STINK EYE!! This is one of my faves!! Thanks for bringing it up!! Oh yes he gave him the stink eye!

yeah, but Dr. Spitz did not seem to remember many things besides being on all of those shows.
Is it possible that he began to "forget" things when he realized that JB had fed him a load of horse hooey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak