2011.06.22 - Breaking News Folks! George and Cindy Anthony think Casey is guilty!!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the opposite if this makes sense. If you tell me I sexually abused you, I might justify this in my mind that you're mad at me and trying to save yourself in any manner. But if you tell me a child died and I had her in my arms and I know, I KNOW, I was not there and that did not happen, then I know you are lying and I know you know you are lying and I then have no choice but to believe you killed the child. I think this is what happened to GA and CA.

Yes, the abuse charges were bad but they had to have halfway expected that due to the letters. I don't think they ever expected ICA to accuse GA of being there in the middle of the death scene and I think this is when their acceptance of her guilt began.

To stay OT, I hope GA and CA keep their faith in their attorney. He seems to have had a calming influence on them.

My exact thoughts. That would be proof positive to the As that their daughter is a lying murderer.

This is fantastic, it will take a toll on Casey today when she hears the news... She will hear about this won't she? I mean someone in court today will show her the press release about what her parents said... I think she will be very upset for 2 reasons. Her parents are in the media again and she's not and her parent's don't believe her anymore... She should look like a train wreck today. Should be fun to watch.

BBM

I've thought about that a lot over the past few years since this all started. I have children myself, and I sometimes wonder if there is ANYTHING that could stop me from loving them. I don't have even the strength to imagine what G & C are feeling about this situation. I can't even "go there" in my mind.

I agree with what you say, except that I am NOT suprised at all at the animosity towards them. From day one, they have not behaved well. Would any of us behave better? I'd like to think yes, we would. We have seen, in our history, more than PLENTY of grieving parents and grandparents who have conducted themselves with grace in the face of overwhelming loss and broken hearts. I realize that given those extreme situations, no one should EVER put a grieving person on a stage and say "okay, now let's judge you for your behavior." I do, however, think that in the face of such raw emotion, a person's true nature WILL come out. As much as I pity GA & CA, we have seen a lot of their true nature, and it's not pretty.

As for this newest news, I suspect that G & C have known for quite a long time that KC is "not innocent," but to say it publicly is huge for them. To say that out loud, must break their hearts all over again. Yeah, I do feel for them.

I have to agree with you on everything that you have written so well, and expressed better than I could have.

However, I can't go to your last paragragh ~

From Day 2 or 3, after Cindy took the stand and had her emotional breakdown, she has been head down in her notebook taking notes.

Money has ruled these people from day one, long before the Anthony's every came into the public life and ours.
And, money is still ruling them.

They've had "their doubts" all right, and long before now.
Dominic Casey taking that field trip one and half blocks from their home tells me all I need to know about what and how they feel.
Because they continued to point the finger of blame at others.

If they really want to make impression with people, then cut off Casey's "bank account" and close down her weekly treat deposits.

And, in the mean time, I hope that there are people out there that are lining up their attorney to get in line for their share of the revenue that any book written by them will generate to reimburse them for the attorneys they have had to have on stand by and pay out for.

I think it's the opposite if this makes sense. If you tell me I sexually abused you, I might justify this in my mind that you're mad at me and trying to save yourself in any manner. But if you tell me a child died and I had her in my arms and I know, I KNOW, I was not there and that did not happen, then I know you are lying and I know you know you are lying and I then have no choice but to believe you killed the child. I think this is what happened to GA and CA.

Yes, the abuse charges were bad but they had to have halfway expected that due to the letters. I don't think they ever expected ICA to accuse GA of being there in the middle of the death scene and I think this is when their acceptance of her guilt began.

To stay OT, I hope GA and CA keep their faith in their attorney. He seems to have had a calming influence on them.

I completely agree. They have been wanting for three years to know what happened to Caylee...and most recently hoped the truth would come out at trial. Then they hear something they know FOR A FACT is not true. I think CA drank JAs Koolaid that there was a reasonable explanation blah blah and that bubble exploded. They know there is no reason for this ridiculous lie except that she did it. I think CA showed her shock and awakening during her meltdowns on the stand early on in the trial. Even if Lippman backs down on the statement, I really think they know.

Maybe it's a carefully worded message to ICA so she will enter into a plea deal. If they flat out use the word guilty, ICA will close her ears. If they word it this way, she may "hear" it and it sends the message that they know but love her anyway. Just a thought.

Until I hear otherwise, the ONLY part of this exchange that I'm inclined to believe is that George and Cindy will plead that Casey's life be spared. I won't argue with them on this as I feel that LWOP will be a fitting punishment for Casey. George and Cindy have suffered enough with the loss of their beloved grandchild. It would be almost humanly unbearable for them to spend the rest of their lives knowing that they will also lose their daughter. jmo

I'm sorry but my heart breaks for G&C

They loved Caylee beyond words and the denial was part of self preservation which is natural. The fighting with people that dared say that KC hurt Caylee was total denial because if they admitted or thought this then they would have to concede that little Caylee was dead. They both hoped that Caylee was alive and wanted the Zanny story to be true...where theres hope theres life

When Caylee was found their world imploded and the grief then manifested itself in yet more denial and anger - I cannot imagine a worse life than the life they both have to live

They have been sitting through this trial and possibly for the first time heard exact details of what may have happened, they have watched the jail house tapes and now have put things together and have the grim realisation that they were duped big time and worse that their own daughter, their own flesh and blood has done this wicked thing

I cannot imagine what life must be like for G&C but I wish them total peace in their lives and hope that one day they will be blessed with another grandchild who will never replace Caylee but at least bring them some light into their dark lives

Remember that these two are really the victims too and I'm sure every day they wake up in their own living hell

As for being enablers - what parent on earth would even comprehend that their child could murder their grandchild? Stealing and lying is one thing, but MURDER?

Caylee was cherished by these grandparents and they now look like zombies with eyes that are glazed. Their lives are pretty much over and they have gone through more these past 3 years than most people will put up with in 10 lifetimes

I for one will send out good thoughts to them and hope that they find the strength and peace knowing that there are people out there who wish them well

I have been following this case from the beginning and have been literally appalled at the A's actions (though I believe they stemmed from deep denial).

What changed my heart for them was seeing those pictures of Caylee's play area, her little house with special flooring, her own little mailbox, picnic table with her own umbrella, sandbox and then to top it all off they landscaped the whole little area. They are loving grandparents to Caylee.

Again, I'll believe they said this when I see it come from their lips with my very own eyes.

AND, I'll believe they're sincere about it when I hear a public apology to the many people they've maligned the past three years in the name of protecting their daughter.

Until then, I remain skeptical and cynical.

I've always thought that knowing your child is a killer is as horrific as having your child be the victim. How does a normal parent deal with that? And just imagine the inner turmoil when both the victim and the killer are your own..

There's a fine line between love and hate. The Anthonys will suffer the rest of their lives and I truly feel deep sympathy for them. Somewhere deep inside is a tiny glimmer of hope that their daughter did not really kill Caylee on purpose...it will always be there. They will spend their lives placating themselves with that unspoken improbability because the truth is completely unbearable. Feeling vs knowing can be a b*tch.

I can understand their need to spare her the death penalty. Even if they never again get to talk to her alone or hug her....it's strange but I think they want her put away forever. They would know she is "safe" ( as safe as anyone can be in prison) and they would know she is someone else's responsibilty to see to it that she can never again take another's life. It has to be hell on earth to be a parent of a monster. I pray for them.

Maybe it's a carefully worded message to ICA so she will enter into a plea deal. If they flat out use the word guilty, ICA will close her ears. If they word it this way, she may "hear" it and it sends the message that they know but love her anyway. Just a thought.

Now THAT is an interesting thought!

Cindy believed her daughter was innocent until about 8 weeks ago. Despite what everyone claimed, I don't believe and never have believed CA knew or even suspected Caylee's dead body was in that car when she tried to clean it and was claiming pizza instead of decomp. Up until the lawyer chat CA believed the Nanny story.

So eight weeks before the trial GA and CA get to learn their daughter has known all along that Caylee was dead and she had just been stringing them along? Can you even imagine how that felt?

After three years of believing her, now Baez tells the drowning story? And now people doubt the A's knew immediately that she was guilty. Of course they did - look at them in court - they are in ruins.

One thing is for sure - ICA is completely devoid of feelings or she hated her family so much she set out to destroy them. I think she just doesn't care as long as she saves her own skin.

Good points and I agree. Would like to add that it would have to be the most painful revelation a parent could come to, to believe their child could kill their grandchild. So if they really said this, I can only imagine what they are going through right now. After hearing that ridiculous drowning story and having to sit in the courtroom every day looking at her, knowing that she is responsible... that has to be heart-wrenching.

To me, it would take a heckuva lot for me to turn my back on my child, but I can well imagine that the A's have been pushed to the limit by now. For Casey to even agree to Baez's strategy with that story tells me she cares nothing for their pain. Still.... I doubt if they will stop loving her even though she doesn't deserve it.

BBM

I've thought about that a lot over the past few years since this all started. I have children myself, and I sometimes wonder if there is ANYTHING that could stop me from loving them. I don't have even the strength to imagine what G & C are feeling about this situation. I can't even "go there" in my mind.

I agree with what you say, except that I am NOT suprised at all at the animosity towards them. From day one, they have not behaved well. Would any of us behave better? I'd like to think yes, we would. We have seen, in our history, more than PLENTY of grieving parents and grandparents who have conducted themselves with grace in the face of overwhelming loss and broken hearts. I realize that given those extreme situations, no one should EVER put a grieving person on a stage and say "okay, now let's judge you for your behavior." I do, however, think that in the face of such raw emotion, a person's true nature WILL come out. As much as I pity GA & CA, we have seen a lot of their true nature, and it's not pretty.

As for this newest news, I suspect that G & C have known for quite a long time that KC is "not innocent," but to say it publicly is huge for them. To say that out loud, must break their hearts all over again. Yeah, I do feel for them.

Just for clarification:
When I said I was surprised at the animosity and jeering being aimed at them, it had nothing to do with how they've conducted themselves since this all began, but rather, with regard to the situation in which they now find themselves -- have to face the truth head on. It kind of reminded me of kicking someone while they're already down.

I'm sorry but my heart breaks for G&C

They loved Caylee beyond words and the denial was part of self preservation which is natural. The fighting with people that dared say that KC hurt Caylee was total denial because if they admitted or thought this then they would have to concede that little Caylee was dead. They both hoped that Caylee was alive and wanted the Zanny story to be true...where theres hope theres life

When Caylee was found their world imploded and the grief then manifested itself in yet more denial and anger - I cannot imagine a worse life than the life they both have to live

They have been sitting through this trial and possibly for the first time heard exact details of what may have happened, they have watched the jail house tapes and now have put things together and have the grim realisation that they were duped big time and worse that their own daughter, their own flesh and blood has done this wicked thing

I cannot imagine what life must be like for G&C but I wish them total peace in their lives and hope that one day they will be blessed with another grandchild who will never replace Caylee but at least bring them some light into their dark lives

Remember that these two are really the victims too and I'm sure every day they wake up in their own living hell

As for being enablers - what parent on earth would even comprehend that their child could murder their grandchild? Stealing and lying is one thing, but MURDER?

Caylee was cherished by these grandparents and they now look like zombies with eyes that are glazed. Their lives are pretty much over and they have gone through more these past 3 years than most people will put up with in 10 lifetimes

I for one will send out good thoughts to them and hope that they find the strength and peace knowing that there are people out there who wish them well

Thank you so much for this post. This thread was making me feel worse and worse about the lack of empathy, charity & compassion among people regarding these poor, tourtured crime victims. It's gratifying to know there are people like you out there.

Thank you so much for this post. This thread was making me feel worse and worse about the lack of empathy, charity & compassion among people regarding these poor, tourtured crime victims. It's gratifying to know there are people like you out there.

I wholeheartedly second that!

Is this a retraction?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6738202&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.06.23 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

If I ever need a lawyer for any reason, I will tell him quite expressly that he needs to keep his mouth shut. What happened to lawyer/client confidentiality? Is everything a joke nowadays? Court rules can be ignored repeatedly, lawyers don't keep client confidentiality....what's next?

IMHO the Anthonys know exactly what their lawyer is out there saying. I would be amazed if he is breaking their agreement. He seems to be a good lawyer for the Anthonys.

This is fantastic, it will take a toll on Casey today when she hears the news... She will hear about this won't she? I mean someone in court today will show her the press release about what her parents said... I think she will be very upset for 2 reasons. Her parents are in the media again and she's not and her parent's don't believe her anymore... She should look like a train wreck today. Should be fun to watch.

Nope, I bet this don't phase her. Just another day in court today for ICA.

I'm sure that Baez will tell her. I'm sure she knows. But she has to already know that her parents don't believe her... She is blaming George!!!! There is no doubt.

ICA will not be bothered a bit today.

I have to agree with you on everything that you have written so well, and expressed better than I could have.

However, I can't go to your last paragragh ~

From Day 2 or 3, after Cindy took the stand and had her emotional breakdown, she has been head down in her notebook taking notes.

Money has ruled these people from day one, long before the Anthony's every came into the public life and ours.
And, money is still ruling them.

They've had "their doubts" all right, and long before now.
Dominic Casey taking that field trip one and half blocks from their home tells me all I need to know about what and how they feel.
Because they continued to point the finger of blame at others.

If they really want to make impression with people, then cut off Casey's "bank account" and close down her weekly treat deposits.

And, in the mean time, I hope that there are people out there that are lining up their attorney to get in line for their share of the revenue that any book written by them will generate to reimburse them for the attorneys they have had to have on stand by and pay out for.

You bring up some very good points. I can't counter any of that!

One word...........pppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez