2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do not think they gave her a low chair, I think she is a little person.

DS is also in heels. During a morning camera shot of KC she was pumping her chair down about 4 clicks so she does lower it. When KC is reading something from a book (with a number of pages) she has to place it in her lap because she is too low to read it from the table. She never did this during her hearings and she is quite a bit lower than she appears during her hearing pictures. Defense's intent is to make her appear more childlike. JB mentions her as a child in his opening statement. He said "this child". jmo

I'm also a shorty (5'2") and my daughter is 5'0". I've found that we are constantly lifting chairs, raising them or otherwise pumping them UP so our torso can be at a comfortable place for writing or typing at a desk or table - or eating dinner. The only thing pumping your chair DOWN does is allow your feet to touch the floor--- which may be important, unless your main focus is working on the table in front of you. Then it becomes more important for your arms to be able to comfortably use things on the table (computer, papers, pen) than for your feet to sit on the ground.

Shorties compromise about that stuff all the time.

ICA is pumping her chair down to a level that is uncomfortable for the things IMO she seems to be doing in court - shuffling papers, writing the odd thing down, whispering to her neighbors.

Maybe the difference between pre-trial hearings and trial is the presence of the jury. I can see the Defense not wanting her feet dangling and chains clanging to remind the jury that she is indeed inmate Casey Anthony. My Mom is probably about Casey's height and her feet wouldn't touch the floor without that chair set that low. To me she does more looking back and forth from lawyer to witness than doing anything on the table. moo

Does it help? I'm post menopausal (sp) and it's miserable. I'll try anything!

Not sure...... LOL I am only in week #2. I am giving it a try and will decide when I go back in July if I will continue. I have felt a little better.

I feel for you. I haven't made it to post just pre and I have felt horrible.
So now I am learning it is going to only get worse. You should check into it.

Does anyone know if the fibers in the Henkel tape are all the same ~ or is there a difference in the cotton content in the vertical vs horizontal threads?

I think the point here many people are missing re the tape?

There was no Henkel tape found at the Anthony home during the time the search warrants were conducted. So whatever tape was found was of course not the same as was found at the crime scene.

This is a huge non-issue and why JA didn't challenge it at the time. I'm quite sure he will review the duct tape evidence at rebuttal.

The type of tape found on GA's gas can was the same brand as found on Caylee.

I wonder when Jose was told of this drowning? How long has he known? If was six weeks before trial started and with all the lies this gal has told - HOW IN THE HECK did he buy the story? He can't be that naive. Did he ask her then why she let people search? Why she sat in jail and not say a word? Does not make sense... no sense at all.

Does he really think she is innocent? Did she give him an explanation that made sense to him? So many questions!
I honestly think Baez is mentally ill. Not as much as Casey, but he just seems to me to have major issues.

Unfortunately Ms. LKB has destroyed any credibility associated with her or her husbands name since this began. What a shame her husband had a decent career. In the beginning he and Dr. Cyril Wecht had the same opinions against the defense. It's amazing what a little money can do, paid for by the TV stations. JMO

If this question has been asked previously, forgive me, but:

If the case winds up a mistrial and Casey gets a public defender for the next one, does that lawyer have to stick with the story laid out in Jose's OS?

Did anyone catch what CM said at the end of trial today - to which Your Honor responded - it is what it is Mr. Mason???

I just don't get how a table of no less 5 attorneys on any given day, especially with Mason there - continue to let Mr. Baaaeeezz fumble about like he does....just don't get it.

I was wondering what CM said too for HHJP to make that comment.

She also said she wants to hear from ICA, George, Cindy, Lee...and that she wants to hear about the molestation and that JB needs to get on with it. She wants him to prove his opening statement...I hope the jury thinks that too.

If that's what this caller is waiting for, she will be disappointed. Seriously. Who will believe Casey? What will she say? I've lied all my life but I promise I'm telling the truth now.

I'm hoping this jury has common sense.

New to WS.....transplant from IS!! :seeya:

Do you mean like the affixing of the tape?

the effect of affixing the tape leads to , asphyxiation not being able to breath because something is affixed to the mouth and nose.

Which from the testimony is what the ME thought killed Caylee.

Or should have thought killed Caylee without considering the Chloroform since she based alot of her conclusion on data collected and experience. I just wondered what prevented her from concluding that was the cause of death because she did list homicide based on those same sorts of conclusions I am kinda questioning the stopping short on the cause of death.

I am sure the jury is ,but I have the ability to reflect on what exactly she said anytime I want to the jury cannot do that yet. I wonder if by the time they do they have thought about this at all and came to a conclusion about doubting the duct tape killed Caylee, with other defence testimony.

Well he has plenty of other attorneys on his team. Are they collectively inefficient?

You wouldn't think so but when Jose said to the judge that the State had just given him that disc - when in reality he had been given same two years prior - I have to wonder if no one on the defense team bothered to look at it. If Jose is the 'lead' attorney he should have been on top of all this. He himself did not have to do the investigating - that is what a team is for. Really makes me wonder why Jose has his own law firm. Most baby attorneys start as an associate at a larger firm to learn the ropes.

If this question has been asked previously, forgive me, but:

If the case winds up a mistrial and Casey gets a public defender for the next one, does that lawyer have to stick with the story laid out in Jose's OS?

NO he can present a whole new case.. And he/she should!! :banghead:

I'm thinking LKB has more vested in this than simply once being a member of the DT-- is it possible she's still on the payroll as a consultant or media liaison? Do they do that kind of thing?

Aaaaaand, speaking of media-- I cannot believe Baez is going to take the time to give an ego inflating interview while all his work remains unfinished and holding up the trial. Unreal guy, you've got no sense. mo

I think HLN has hired her to be a Consultant for the rest of the trial and present the Defence point of view. Apparently HLN does not notice or mind how abrasive she is and that listening to her is like chalk on a blackboard screeching....

( I hope this is not in the wrong place) I have to say I admire your sand for sticking with this trial. I've not missed one minute of it up until about two sessions ago for the simple fact that I'm so emotionally involved that I don't want to get let down if/likely when this jury hangs. If it weren't for Juror four I'd bet my paycheck the jury would come back with a verdict of felony murder one - but frankly she scares me and from what I have heard I don't believe she's going to vote on anything but aquittal for the simple fact she stated that it is NOT her place to judge.

But here is my question: Assuming a mistrial or hung jury, can the state use any/all the defense statements/experts/defense against them or can the defense get all new experts, attorneys, a whole new defense, etc...? Anyone know?
Welcome!
You know what I've found in life...those that SAY they don't like to judge are usually the ones who JUDGE EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY! From my experience they have very strong opinions.
Just my 2 cents

ITA. Since I wasn't too familiar with the evidence before the trial, I hadn't heard about the gatorade bottle at all. All i got from it today is that it was found near the body, had a syringe in it, the liquid in the syringe and bottle might have been household cleaning product and testosterone, and perhaps a little chloroform.

Now since we'd never heard of the bottle before this at trial, I have to say it's just creepy and weird that the defense brought it up. Are they trying to say - she didn't kill her with chloroform, she killed her with household cleaning solvents and hormones? Are they trying to say, "And next to the remains there was this bottle of toxic stuff, but I'm sure there was no connection to the dead body laying a few feet away."

???

I'm really curious why they brought it up.

Maybe they suspect that GA takes testosterone. They did request his medical records at one time, didn't they?

Does KC realize that Jose has not done his work? He did not give his expert witnesses all the information they needed... he did not ask they to write reports... he did not maintain contact with them... he did not investigate that computer disc. I am very worried that this trial will be halted and have to start again with another attorney. How could Jose NOT investigate what KC was doing - every minute/hour on June 16th? That is grossly negligent if he is not aware of her instant messaging, texting, video renting, etc. Grossly negligent!

I think he flat out LIED about not knowing of any of ICA's computer/phone/textings on the 16th! He knows he's sunk if that comes in.

JMHO

You wouldn't think so but when Jose said to the judge that the State had just given him that disc - when in reality he had been given same two years prior - I have to wonder if no one on the defense team bothered to look at it. If Jose is the 'lead' attorney he should have been on top of all this. He himself did not have to do the investigating - that is what a team is for. Really makes me wonder why Jose has his own law firm. Most baby attorneys start as an associate at a larger firm to learn the ropes.

To work for a larger law firm, somebody from that firm has to hire you.....

the effect of affixing the tape leads to affixation, not being able to breath because something is affixed to the mouth and nose.

Which from the testimony is what the ME thought killed Caylee.

Or should have thought killed Caylee without considering the Chloroform since she based alot of her conclusion on data collected and experience. I just wondered what prevented her from concluding that was the cause of death because she did list homicide based on those same sorts of conclusions I am kinda questioning the stopping short on the cause of death.

I am sure the jury is ,but I have the ability to reflect on what exactly she said anytime I want to the jury cannot do that yet. I wonder if by the time they do they have thought about this at all and came to a conclusion about doubting the duct tape killed Caylee, with other defence testimony.
...oh you mean asphyxiation. My bad!

ETA: I would think they would need body parts for proof of asphyxiation...and without that, I can't imagine she would be able to say that with 100% certainty. She can, though, offer her opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel