2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this caller on In Session says Baez is doing great and putting great doubt in the mind of the jurors. Says she wants to see the part of the case about molestation and the pool accident to tie it together.

Are the jurors thinking like her???? I am scared. Also scared about Juror #4. Even Nancy Grace says she is a defense juror.

Thanks,

That leads me to another question.

Not that I dont appreciate your answer.:innocent:

I just was questioning that same ME conclusion as to why she didnt write on the death certificate that the cause of death was affixation if that is what she has concluded?
Do you mean like the affixing of the tape?

( I hope this is not in the wrong place) I have to say I admire your sand for sticking with this trial. I've not missed one minute of it up until about two sessions ago for the simple fact that I'm so emotionally involved that I don't want to get let down if/likely when this jury hangs. If it weren't for Juror four I'd bet my paycheck the jury would come back with a verdict of felony murder one - but frankly she scares me and from what I have heard I don't believe she's going to vote on anything but aquittal for the simple fact she stated that it is NOT her place to judge.

But here is my question: Assuming a mistrial or hung jury, can the state use any/all the defense statements/experts/defense against them or can the defense get all new experts, attorneys, a whole new defense, etc...? Anyone know?

Does KC realize that Jose has not done his work? He did not give his expert witnesses all the information they needed... he did not ask they to write reports... he did not maintain contact with them... he did not investigate that computer disc. I am very worried that this trial will be halted and have to start again with another attorney. How could Jose NOT investigate what KC was doing - every minute/hour on June 16th? That is grossly negligent if he is not aware of her instant messaging, texting, video renting, etc. Grossly negligent!

Well he has plenty of other attorneys on his team. Are they collectively inefficient?

I'm thinking LKB has more vested in this than simply once being a member of the DT-- is it possible she's still on the payroll as a consultant or media liaison? Do they do that kind of thing?

Aaaaaand, speaking of media-- I cannot believe Baez is going to take the time to give an ego inflating interview while all his work remains unfinished and holding up the trial. Unreal guy, you've got no sense. mo

I've watched LBK a couple of times and mainly because I am so surprised about what her face now looks like - barely recognizable from the Linda Baden Kennedy I grew to resent for her opinions.

Until I caught a side body shot of her sitting in a chair and realized yup - it's the same old Linda - that work stopped at her collar bone....:innocent:

Did anyone happen to catch LKB on Joy Behar's show last nite? I normally change the channel when I see Linda because I'm really disgusted with her whole shpiel but I stayed to watch because Joy's other guests were Marcia Clarke and that cute guy Ryan, who is a reporter for CNN.

Anywho, I was appalled that Linda actually stated that even if Jose made INTENTIONAL mistakes during the course of this trial that basically any and all evidence he tries to introduce should be allowed because it is a death penalty case. That just pizzed me off to no end. So Baez et al should be allowed to do whatever they want and play a slimy game and it should all be glossed over and allowed because it is unfair to Casey? Puleeze.

I was so glad Marcia Clark came back at her and said that Judge Perry has his rules, they are necessary and they need to be followed. Period. The End.

Thanks! I had to change the channel. I think I'm getting an ulcer from this trial

I wonder when Jose was told of this drowning? How long has he known? If was six weeks before trial started and with all the lies this gal has told - HOW IN THE HECK did he buy the story? He can't be that naive. Did he ask her then why she let people search? Why she sat in jail and not say a word? Does not make sense... no sense at all.

Does he really think she is innocent? Did she give him an explanation that made sense to him? So many questions!

Does KC realize that Jose has not done his work? He did not give his expert witnesses all the information they needed... he did not ask they to write reports... he did not maintain contact with them... he did not investigate that computer disc. I am very worried that this trial will be halted and have to start again with another attorney. How could Jose NOT investigate what KC was doing - every minute/hour on June 16th? That is grossly negligent if he is not aware of her instant messaging, texting, video renting, etc. Grossly negligent!

See...here's the thing. I really believe that Jb and ICA think they are doing GREAT! They are both so narcissistic that they cannot fathom any of their own shortcomings. They think the mean old judge is being unfair to them, but I believe THEY BELIEVE they will succeed in the end. I don't think it ever crosses JB's mind that his is less than perfect. :banghead:

Does it help? I'm post menopausal (sp) and it's miserable. I'll try anything!

It helps a lot of things... I had to remove the wink, had enough smarminess for the day! LOL

I'm thinking LKB has more vested in this than simply once being a member of the DT-- is it possible she's still on the payroll as a consultant or media liaison? Do they do that kind of thing?

Aaaaaand, speaking of media-- I cannot believe Baez is going to take the time to give an ego inflating interview while all his work remains unfinished and holding up the trial. Unreal guy, you've got no sense. mo

Maybe they have offered JB a "spot" when this is all over......

Thank you! I don't know why the state didn't call her as a witness, since she was there in the house and witnessed things first hand. She could really shoot down the ludicrous "George did it" theory. Can the state call her during the rebuttal phase?

I don't think they will. Tracey was corresponding by mail with Casey in jail as if they were BFF, and IIRC putting $$ in her commissary account :sick:

Does anyone know if the fibers in the Henkel tape are all the same ~ or is there a difference in the cotton content in the vertical vs horizontal threads?

I know! It is ridiculous. Especially when he is so unprepared! :banghead:

I don't think it was a good idea for JB to introduce the Gatorade bottle since it really brings up more questions that do not help inject reasonable doubt, I think that it looks even more suspicious for ICA.

ITA. Since I wasn't too familiar with the evidence before the trial, I hadn't heard about the gatorade bottle at all. All i got from it today is that it was found near the body, had a syringe in it, the liquid in the syringe and bottle might have been household cleaning product and testosterone, and perhaps a little chloroform.

Now since we'd never heard of the bottle before this at trial, I have to say it's just creepy and weird that the defense brought it up. Are they trying to say - she didn't kill her with chloroform, she killed her with household cleaning solvents and hormones? Are they trying to say, "And next to the remains there was this bottle of toxic stuff, but I'm sure there was no connection to the dead body laying a few feet away."

???

I'm really curious why they brought it up.

So this caller on In Session says Baez is doing great and putting great doubt in the mind of the jurors. Says she wants to see the part of the case about molestation and the pool accident to tie it together.

Are the jurors thinking like her???? I am scared. Also scared about Juror #4. Even Nancy Grace says she is a defense juror.

She also said she wants to hear from ICA, George, Cindy, Lee...and that she wants to hear about the molestation and that JB needs to get on with it. She wants him to prove his opening statement...I hope the jury thinks that too.

I did watch long enough to listen to a bit of her rhetoric and she really has toned down the abrasiveness since the DT got their whipping during the last week. She said some really goofy things about Dr. Bock - something about respecting her age or some kind of nonsense - while everyone else was chortling about the hip bone buried by dog comment. LKB stayed waaay away from that comment. LOL.

Did anyone catch what CM said at the end of trial today - to which Your Honor responded - it is what it is Mr. Mason???

I just don't get how a table of no less 5 attorneys on any given day, especially with Mason there - continue to let Mr. Baaaeeezz fumble about like he does....just don't get it.

What did she conclude?

She said the condition of the remains (a skeleton) was such that she could not determine the way the homicide occurred, as there are a lot of ways to kill someone that does not damage their skeleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010