2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sides have been trying to prove "scientifically" by bringing in expert witnesses to testify to the chemical composition of the odor of human decomposition.

The bottom line is: there have been multiple witnesses (both expert & non-expert, human & non-human) that have testified to the smell in the car, and have recognized that smell as the odor of human decomposition.

1. Simon Birch (tow yard manager)
2. GA
3. CA
4. Geraldo Bloise (CSI for OCSO)
5. Gerus (human remains detection dog. Caveat: Gerus hasn't testified, but I trust his training & his nose & I saw the video of him working when he located the drowning victim he was tasked to find)
6. Deputy Jason Forgey (Gerus's trainer & handler)
7. Dr. Arpad Vass (research scientist & forensic anthropologist)

If I was a juror, I would find this list of witnesses who testified to the odor of human decomposition in the trunk of the car to be pretty solid & corroborating.

IMO, the DT has NOT been able to undo the testimony of these witnesses.

Speaking as an unofficial *mock juror*, these witnesses' testimonies have had the strongest impact upon me personally.

The evidence of a decomposing body is "THE" critical issue for the prosecution, IMO. They know it and the defense knows it. {thus, the DT's repeated attempts to attack the viability of this evidence It is the one area of evidence that directly points to Casey's involvement in the death. The prosecution can not and will not allow this evidence to be "doubted".

These jurors aren't idiots... it's elementary to see that JA is trying to have as much info withheld from the jury as he can. If I were a juror in such a situation, I would see right through this, and clearly conclude that the State doesn't want me to hear everything... hiding things from me. They won't for get that. JMOO

I tend to only come to that conclusion when the objections are consistently overruled. When the objections are overwhelmingly sustained, however, I tend to think the objection is based upon something reasonable.

JMO

RH saying JB making headway with the fact state relying on forensics that are stateof the art and haven't been proven and this is death penalty - not doing great job but should get lesser offense

I miss New England mom and pop pizza joints, namely Massachusetts and Connecticut. Maryland mom and pop joints doesn't know how to do real pizza crust.

Oh yessss, New England has awesome pizza. My daughter now lives in Colorado and when she somes hom there are three emergencies:
1.Dunkin Donuts
2.Pizza
3.Seafood

I love it all!

Actually the best pizza I have ever had in my life is Falco's in Burr Ridge. they've been in business since 1964 so that speaks for itself. (imo individual owned pizzeria's beat any chains including Giordano's hands down.)

Wow---the things you learn from a message board! I have lived in the Western Suburbs of Chgo for 8 yrs and have never tried Falcos----but I will now!!! Thanks

Well, don't know about you all, but I have accomplished a few things today...prepped dinner, vacuumed downstairs, showered/dressed before lunch recess...ready to watch about an hour of the afternoon theatrics and then head to my DD to play with my grandsons for a while. I hope this afternoon is more productive than this morning...I mean in court, NOT my house!

Wait wait I thought we were coming for dinner?:crazy:

OT - I don't normally watch trials, who is the pretty girl with auburn hair that sits/stands in front of the judge and swears people in?

"Covergirl Karen" the Court Clerk is bringing the bling again today. Very sparkly necklace! #caseyanthony #caseyanthonytrial #CovergirlKaren
by jimlichtenstein via twitter 6/23/2011 12:52:55 PM at 7:52 AM

I think you have a very idealistic view of this expert. The DT can pay a hired gun to say whatever they NEED them to say. Just like the Botanist who said the skull might have been in the woods for only two weeks. Or Dr. Spitz saying the tape was put on the skeleton to place the mandible back together in the woods. Do you think either of those things are true?

I was just as frustrated with the defense when the prosecution was putting thier experts on the stand. I guess I am nosy by nature, and I wanted to hear everything they had to say, just as I want to hear everything the dt's experts have to say, so I can make up my own mind based on what the experts say.

The state hires hired guns as well. At least I don't think Dr. Haskell did all his work pro bono according to his testimony.

The botanist said it was possible that the remains had been placed there only two weeks prior. I think that is just as possible as the smell of death is unmistakeable. Dr. Spitz saying it is possible the tape was put on the skeleton after skelatonization is just as possible as the stain in trunk was caused from decomp fluids.

I tend to only come to that conclusion when the objections are consistently overruled. When the objections are overwhelmingly sustained, however, I tend to think the objection is based upon something reasonable.

JMO

And that would point to a biased judge to me... favoring the State's Case. Difference of interpretation and opinion. JA made a fool out of himself with his endless objections this morning. JMOO

These jurors aren't idiots... it's elementary to see that JA is trying to have as much info withheld from the jury as he can. If I were a juror in such a situation, I would see right through this, and clearly conclude that the State doesn't want me to hear everything... hiding things from me. They won't for get that. JMOO

I respectfully disagree - state is not sustained on everything. I am sure the jurors got the gist of ashton's objections. especially as many of them ARE sustained.

I do understand, and I am sure the jury understands as well. I personally have always felt that the state wanted the truth to be known. This trial has made me realize that that is not the case. The state wants to win the trial, and the truth has nothing to do with it. JMO

Which truth would that be?

It is MY opinion that SA is presenting what THEY believe to be THE TRUTH...

Are you referring to Baez/Kc "truth"? (or is that an oxymoron?)

Really? I saw the polar opposite, fortunately most people won't buy into the defense theory and I'm very hopeful the jurors aren't idiots. I am sure they won't be swayed by an incompetent and lackluster defense.

The state IMO have been impressive they overwhelmed with their CIC and have triumphed over the defenses dog and pony show....JMHO

Dr. Vass is a quack, hack, wannabe scientist and a total evil meanie. That's about it, I think. ;)

Try as they might, the DT WILL NOT make me fall out of lust for Dr. V. :heartbeat:

I'm thinkin' of moving to TN.

I miss New England mom and pop pizza joints, namely Massachusetts and Connecticut. Maryland mom and pop joints doesn't know how to do real pizza crust.

MMMMMMMMMM Regina's in the North End....Pepe's, Sally's and Modern's in New Haven...HEAVEN! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21