2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Do these two comments bother anyone else ?

Yes they bother me too, but I think they are out of context. Once we are able to read all of it I am sure it will make sense or else I doubt the state would have let this in.

I think the big hoopla over the guy supposedly flipping someone off is silly. Did the jury complain? Say they noticed it?

ICA has done that more than once, I believe.

If the jurors had seen this, it could be serious grounds for a mistrial.
If the judge allows this or any nonsense, it could fast become a circus.
Even the people deeply involved in this ie Cindy, George etc..can not show any emotion or gestures or anything in the courtroom.
Any allegations of anyone doing anything, inappropriate would cause an uproar. moo

I agree with whoever stated it most likely was a "bet" for flying the finger in court..

Just like someone upthread posted this guy is not your "usual" or typical type of person interested in sitting in on a trial.. He being a very immature 28 I would not doubt in te least that some buds possibly from work or elsewhere all agreed on some type of dare or bet.. Of this guy being able to first of all fight his way into a day's court session, to be seated in the view of a camera, and to be able to pull of a stupid move like in view of the camera to somehow maneuver himself to be able to visibly shoot the bird so that it is caught on air, via live tv..

I don't believe that it was in anyway whatsoever a reaction to JA or anything to do whatsoever with the prosecution at all.. Nor do I believe it was done for Casey either..

I think it was strictly done out of immaturity and sheer stupidity of he and his buddies cooking up this hairbrained idea of somehow getting the bird flipped in front of the cameras of the court session..

He was trying his damnest to make it very nonchalant and inconspicuous as possible but to still be able to say tbat he did.. I think it shocked the chit out of him when he got called out on it..

IMO this is likely the motive of what occurred. Not a thing in the world to do with Casey, Baez or anyone else involved with the case or the courts..

I missed most of the afternoon session, but wanted to ask...do any of you find this bird flipper to look remarkably similar to a young man that we once talked about here that had a connection with KC early on in this case? He had a shady past involving property rip offs and automotive parts..

I suppose I could go find the document if it's that important.....but CA said she did not do home visits. I have no idea if she was lying. I believe someone would have outed her in that lie by now.

I recall the same as you, Amster.

I agree with what someone said above, that he didn't want to say what it really was because it would make look *really* stupid.

JMO

(I'm not a chemist, after all.)

But I would have given Bartlett a little more.....I dont know what -- if he HAD said, "Your Honor, Im a colossal moron and did a stupid thoughtless thing for which I truly, sincerely regret and for which I deeply apologize. I have learned a valuable lesson that I will never forget."

or sah-um.....

moo

Every place I worked as a salaried employee, I was required to account for my time whether it was 37 hours, 40 hours or 63 hours. I had to mark time in, time out and lunch in and out. It was the law for employers to know where their employees are during any POSSIBLE working hours; if they're on site or not. This is for insurance purposes, and to cover the company if there is ever a legal question about where an individual was at a particular time. You will see these records examined when someone goes missing, or was involved with a crime, or is the subject of a lawsuit, or involved in an accident (company car or personal), for workman's comp, insurance and disability. It has to be on record. We knew we were paid the same whether we worked 37 hours (LOL that never happened!) or 60 or more.

Anyway, just for the record....my personal experience

Aqua

Thank you...this is the way it has always been at my workplaces as well.
In addition, because I work in the field of psychiatric disabilities we always have been required to log off of our computers when away from our desks.
If we are found to ignore that policy it leads to severe disciplinary action. Our IT folks are able to monitor our computer activities at all times.
Just a little FYI and I hope it is helpful to all. I would imagine that CA had a similar policy and that her Log off and On would be on record.

Okay folks..I will have to head out for awhile...but wish to mention 2 of the main things I am looking foreward and why..

First: Rebuttal of Pet Cemetary evidence brought out by DT..That Kio witness a close friend of KC who can recount KC's propensity of burying critters in those very woods with duct tape and heart shaped stickers..

Second: that during closings that much of what DT tried to suggest in their statement will be objected to because it is "Not in Evidence"..I say that because for some reason, Baez seems to think what his questions or innuendos are is evidence..but its the witnesses answers that is evidence..So as Jean C. said on HLN..So much of the DT's OS has NOT been shown or proven in evidence..soooo wont be allowed as "In Evidence" so will be snuffed!!

DT have truly NOT proven their CIC, but sure have made accusations and innuendos but has NOT shown any proof!!..

KC..hope you hear that train whistle during the closings..as its coming for you and I truly wish that Hawk gives afew squeals too!!

Caylee!! Justice is coming soon "Sweet Baby"..RIP you deserve it!!:heartluv:

WFTV just ran the video. While it was clear it was a bird, MB was first rubbing his face with both hands, then rubbed his cheek with his middle finger. Not defending the guy at all, just saying he didn't outright flip the bird--I mean he didn't stick his arm or hand out and do it--he was rubbing his face with it. Still a huge meaning to the gesture, even so.

I vaguely recall, and I could be wrong here (if I am, please correct me) but during a depo didn't GA accuse someone of flipping him the bird and the guy said he was just pushing his glasses up and always pushed his glasses up that way?

I'm kinda surprised MB didn't claim he was just rubbing his face. Well, maybe the look on his face showed contempt while he was doing it.

That was what may be called....a disguised bird! :floorlaugh:

Maybe those two comments by GA were talking about the GJ....afterall, he did truthfully testify.....

BBM

Do these two comments bother anyone else ?

Doesn't bother me. I didn't read the actual transcript though. It's a letter written by a man that is not only grieving but is emotionally distraught in other ways as well and contemplating suicide. I don't think that I can pick a part what he says in this letter and determine anything other than his state of mind at the time he wrote it.

JMHO

So I have my live akai feed still up but walked away and just came back to a live feed of what appears to be someone setting up lights for possible interview?

Is there a press conference scheduled or something???

Which is absolutely absurd! Start all over again with a new jury for that? That has to be one of the stupidest laws or rules I have ever heard.
Don't look at me. I didn't make that law.:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member