2011.06.30 TRIAL Day Thirty-two (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the jury would want to smell the canned air. I realize I have heard a lot more than the jurors, but to me, there's no question that the smell was human decomposition. It seems that has been made abundantly clear by many credible witnesses.

Ashton says he hasn't found a case preventing jurors from using sense of smell. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:40 PM

Ashton says Vincent can authenticate odor of trash and human decomp different. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:39 PM

Jose is terrified of the jurors smelling the decomp.

Maybe Lee ought to tell him "Truth don't hurt."

Remember Bill Sheaffer saying that this could backfire on the state. What if the smell is so faint that the jury cannot believe that it is the smell of human decomp?

Maybe the State was smart enough to have a 'test can' that they held back, and they all smelled the can this morning to determine if it still stinks of death? That would require a heck of a lot of thought two and a half years ago, but it's an option. . . . .

(I keep thinking about the "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit' scenario in the OJ trial)

the smell stuff scares me a bit because some people have stronger sense of smell than others and some are more sensitive to smell than others.

It won't be an issue. The only smell more persuasive and persistent is skunk. They pop open that can they will need a new jury room to deliberate in.

:lol: JB - we can't change the rules in the middle of the game!

Isn't that what he has been doing all along? :waitasec:

I hope the Judge does not allow the jury to smell it. The state does not require this and it could backfire.

Prosec is citing precedent cases involving alcohol and marijuana where jurors sniffed the evidence.
by abcashleigh via twitter at 1:41 PM

#CaseyAnthony Baez: "To try and introduce something as novel as this would significantly prejudice things at this point."
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 1:40 PM

Baez: There is nothing Ashton provided that should give guidance to the court. #caseyanthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 1:40 PM

rEALLY the defense should have faith that the smell won't be there. that is if they think their client is innocent.

Is there bad weather in Orlando right now. Just lost my feed. Or did it just too hot in the court room?

Welcome to Our World... Fla Summer afternoon Hot Muggy and thunderstorms..

It really makes me so sad when they talk about the "smell." :( That's our Caylee...

Gee, Jose, if it is JUST trash, why are you soooooo worried about the jury smelling it? Hmmmmm?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96