2011.06.30 TRIAL Day Thirty-two (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a win for the prosecution! The jury will conclude that the smell is so bad and that's why they won't be allowed to open it. I know that's what I'd be thinking if I was on that jury. :fence:

I am not sure I would either...but...a part of me would feel it was my responsibility....for the victim...Caylee...would like to add the state introducing a different aspect of human senses (see...listen and now smell) is ingenious..hopefully this will leave a bitter taste of guilt.....JMHO

It might be a risk because the odor may have dissipated or lessened after all these years...I have never smelled a decomposing odor so it would be subjective for me if I was on the jury...

I respect his decision to not let the cans in. I do... I see his point. I can see them smelling the can(s) and arguing about what they think it smells like and having a burden of what to decide based on that. I guess it does make them witnesses, and they were not called to be experts in decomp and whatnot.

Personally, though, I would want to smell it myself, as a juror. I wouldn't need to argue it with any other juror; I wouldn't want to force another juror to do so.. I just would want to know for myself. I know what different types of rotting trash smells like, and I do know what a dead fish and dead gecko/decomp. animal smells like, and I'd want to know.

But I'd want to know because it was brought up as a point of issue in the case - not because I want to smell Caylee's dead body.

Just saying.

But it does make sense and is probably a relief for the jury that the judge decided not to allow it. They have ample witness testimony anyway.

HHJP treats JA like the OLDER child. You know the one that always gets into trouble and you should know better.

Sit down Mr. Ashton, I am not finish. Mr. Ashton, I apoligize and HHJP says I know?

But how many times has JB interupted HHJP and nothing said to him.

LOL He is and he does! HHJP knows JA is being emotional and he isn't concerned with it. HHJP just wants to get on with it...

This was a double dare ya Baez issue here I think!

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE DEFENSE CAN'T REST... I need to hear the whole story - like why didn't George call 911 when he found Caylee and after he found her what did he do with her body - did he hide it right away??? Why did he duct tape the mouth? Why did he put a heart on the duct tape - so many questions - so few answers.

Can someone catch me up? I see no smell test, but what about Gentiva? Does that get in? And when? TIA

Perry ruled that it would violate KC's 6th amendment constitutional right.

(very oversimplified but here is my understanding)

The juror would smell the can and that would make the juror a new witness.

Under the 6th amendment KC has the right to confront the witness (her defense) and if that witness is a juror ----well doesn't work.

Perry ruled very well, and protected the verdict of this trial (which I believe will result in some sort of guilty not a not guilty although could be hung-who knows for sure?) she won't be able to have the verdict brought up on appeal and her verdict thrown out or overturned because her constitutional rights were violated.

JMHO

bumping

Anyone?? Please and thank you.

Suzi, it was about her computer records at work, not cell records and they are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a nail biter there for several minutes!!!!!!!!! The defense has the day to review them but they are coming in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see a problem. The trunk liner will be available, and if the jury really wanted to, they could stick their noses right down on it like GA did. There will be enough of a remnant IMO.

Dr. Vass was the WORD on this subject. The jury knows he's right. Especially since Baez' twisted himself into a pretzel trying to discredit him from the OS on. Didn't work - since Ashton got all Baez' witnesses to basically admit Vass was correct.

Glad the smell of cans is not being allowed.

Totally agree. I think the fact that there is a nurse on the jury that has smelt decomp, she will be able to sway any fence sitters. However, after George's testimony yesterday, I do not think there is any doubt that the car smelled like there was a dead body inside.

Those in the legal know, answer me this... Will the jury be given reason, based on law as to why they will not be permitted to smell the cans, so that they are not thinking that the SA is hiding something?? I would assume so

Am I correct in remembering that Lipmann started out as the A’s foreclosure attorney and then stepped into this when BC left them because of his problem with JB

I don't know what you mean about phone records...but yes, the judge is permitting CA's WORK records to be entered

Sorry if this has already been said, but I know who ICA is texting--her mom.

If 1 juror with experience smells it & says "that's it!" #CaseyAnthony can't confront him thus 6th amedmt right infringed. Judges discretion
by abcashleigh via twitter at 1:57 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members