2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she did appear to be honestly horrified that the nanny had stolen Caylee, and that LE had to help her find the child immediately. But why does she lie about calling George about the pool ladder at this same time, 7/16 and 7/17? Why should she lie about this so early on??:waitasec:

I could be wrong but thought she changed her story about the dates. That she had said in her deposition that the ladder incident was some other time.

IMO it may be the grain of truth in the middle of a bunch of lies. Maybe the ladder really was up at some point (Casey could have gone swimming when parents were out and not too particular about the ladder because what's the point if she wanted Caylee dead anyways?) and the DT took that detail and weaved their theory around it, shifting the dates.

It's standard in a high profile DP case. I worked a high profile Amber Alert case and there were lawyers out the gazoo! Some of it is about PR, and to advise about court proceedings.

Do the Anthony's use Lippman in regard to how they should testify? I realize now perjury charges are hardly ever pursued so I would think he's not helping them with testifying. Someone posted something regarding immunity once but I don't know what they meant by that. Is it for obstruction of justice?

"Casey is making doo doo in her pants" says the judge/lawyer(?) on HLN a minute ago. I never realized the TH shows were so lively.

Well, it can't top JB mentioning Paris Hilton in court today.

What?? I missed 99.9 % of today. How in the world did JB relate PH to this trial?

TIA

If I were GA or LA, I would have taken a lie detector test to clear my name of ANY sex abuse charges and I'd shout the results to the world.

Please help me my lovely websleuthers as I'm missing something (which I often do)

1 -- Im confused re the phone conversations (or lack of them for CA telling GA about the ladder)...the phone records they pulled up were home phone, CA cellphone, GA mobile phone. JB asked about GA's work phone but it was sustained? Im left wondering why his work phone records were not checked?

2---- Also re the pool ladder incident...didnt CA tell her work colleagues that that had happened?

hoping you clever people can enlighten me ty x

The point about the phone call, Cindy said she made it from her home phone. Today is was proven there was no call made.

I think it was because CM asked for an acquittal because he said the state had no cause of death proven.

And the judge said 'Remember that case---Did they ever find his body?"

Inference was that no cause of death need be proven. imo

Thanks was not enough. That makes sense to me.
I started going down the path of, "hmmm, JA better lock his doors tight...as JB may be lurking in the darkness to take me out for a boat ride...with the journal of sanctions in the wings."
:floorlaugh::seeya:

Back to Casey at the end of court..Who knows. I wouldnt say she was mad. Initially, it seemed to me, she was just like .Nope, no way. That can't be it...there must be more we can do. Then it seemed, by the way she held her arms out at one time, I thought maybe she was complaining about JA putting that big board out for her to see, and wanting something done about it..... But, I would say the post about maybe she wanted that document to read... sigh.....more caseyisims.

Here is does not look like the guard is smiling and she pretty much pushes Casey through the door.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28424275/index.html

Honestly I saw what I saw, the guard, casey and the lawyer with the olive oil haircut were jokingly bantering. If you saw the context of the 'push' the guard gave her it would make sense. There was no friction at all from the angle I saw it at as the guard was laughing. I know you must think me mad but as my kids used to say "honest to God, wish to die, stick a needle through my eye"

Its now my main purpose in life to find this at the camera angle I saw it

:escape:

I've read all of the legal opinions, here and elsewhere, as well as researched some cases, but honestly, I do not see how this particular defense cannot be deemed "ineffective". I cannot imagine a less effective defense. Regardless of the experience of CM, for instance, or the credentials of DS, this was a horribly assembled defense, made no sense at all and more often than not, her own lawyers pointed out incriminating facts to the witnesses. To watch this case with an open mind, one would could be forgiven in concluding that her defense was "throwing" the case. I often felt like I was watching an athlete intentionally losing a game or shaving points to cover the spread.

As much as I hate the idea of another trial three years from now I will lose some respect for the system if this defense is deemed effective.

JMO

Regarding casey getting mad at the end of court ----- she didn't

I was watching her on casey cam on wtftv and she throws up arms up in the air while grinning/smiling. The blonde lady guard behind her is smiling at her as if they share a little banter between them. Just before that the guard speaks to one of the lawyers (I'm assuming it's about reading/signing a document)

I can honestly say Casey didnt get mad at all - tbh it seemed like a very relieved group of people (inc guard) that were making light of a long long day

If I can find it later at the angle i saw it from I'll post it x

I didn't see any real anger there either, maybe I'm missing something with what she's saying?

If I were GA or LA, I would have taken a lie detector test to clear my name of ANY sex abuse charges and I'd shout the results to the world.

That entire family has refused polygraphs since day one....

I think it was because CM asked for an acquittal because he said the state had no cause of death proven.

And the judge said 'Remember that case---Did they ever find his body?"

Inference was that no cause of death need be proven. imo

What was scary to me was what Jose said right after CM spoke......

Honest to goodness this is what I heard:
day3373cc.jpg

and...

reported false Caylee sightings?
wouldn’t allow Tim Miller to have any of Caylee’s personal efects to try and locate her body?
threatened Tim Miller?Who insisted there WAS NO EVIDENCE? said DNA isn’t 100%?
gave LE the wrong hairbrush?
wished she had given LE the dogs toothbrush?
washed the knife?
said she had phone #’s and pictures of the “nanny” yet never provided them?
said a lying doesn’t make you a murderer?
said science is junk science?
said maybe someone put a body in the car at the tow yard?and what are the chances that car and body would end up coming from the same address? unlikely….
paid $466.00 to bring the death car home… why not call LE knew 30 days- is enough time form complete skeletization to occur?
made sure there was NO EVIDENCE!

moo

she has been in cover up mode a LONG time!

oh and she tells mistruths

Also I think of the first call home from jail ICA made. ICA says "I saw your little cameo on tv" ...mad. CA says "I don't know your involvement in this, sweetheart." It just sounded creepy.

At one point int he video of Casey supposedly mad at the end of court, it looked like she said "I can't take it with me!"

I am surrounded by people who think she will be found Not Guilty. Ugh.

My DH, my Mom, even the doctor I work with. They all say about the same thing, not enough evidence of murder and/or cause of death.

Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Thank goodness for this forum.

That entire family has refused polygraphs since day one....

I wonder about those lie detector tests though. I don't know how reliable they are. Maybe even if you are innocent, you would worry that test would not give the correct results. How reliable are these lie detector tests?

Then what caused her to call 911 in the first place? Power trip? Surely she knew she would be sentencing ICA to death by calling if she knew what was going on!

Do you have children? If so, do you think if you were just casually going along with your day, and you stumbled across proof your child was a killer, do you think you would be able to immediately accept that and deal with it?

IMO, not only did Cindy have to deal with her daughter being a killer, she had to deal with her granddaughter being dead. I think Cindy has practiced a lot of denial about ICA over the years, and it was pretty easy for her to slip into it again.

I think her mind started blocking all this out pretty quick, and I think by the time she started looking for ICA, she had already made whatever excuses and justifications necessary to convince herself she had been wrong.

IMO, this is backed up by some little things that happened. When she found ICA, she didn't ask her if Caylee was there, she never looked for her there, it was like she knew she wasn't there. When ICA claims kidnapping, according to Lee, Cindy's first words were, "What have you done?", to ICA. ICA told her she went to pick Caylee up, and no one was there and she couldn't find her. ICA never, to my knowledge, said anything at that time about Zanny stealing ICA's car, yet when Cindy makes that last 911 call, she refers to the car smelling like it had a dead body in it. IMO, these were all little cracks in Cindy's wall of denial that she didn't even realize were there.

AFTER the third 911 call, when LE finally arrives, Cindy is telling the officer, not all the details of Caylee's kidnapping, but arrest my daughter, she stole my credit cards and here are the receipts to prove it. Seriously?

I could go on and on , but the bottom line is IMO there was just way too much bizarre behavior on the part of Cindy for me to think she didn't know by the time she was back at the house with the car.

I've read all of the legal opinions, here and elsewhere, as well as researched some cases, but honestly, I do not see how this particular defense cannot be deemed "ineffective". I cannot imagine a less effective defense. Regardless of the experience of CM, for instance, or the credentials of DS, this was a horribly assembled defense, made no sense at all and more often than not, her own lawyers pointed out incriminating facts to the witnesses. To watch this case with an open mind, one would could be forgiven in concluding that her defense was "throwing" the case. I often felt like I was watching an athlete intentionally losing a game or shaving points to cover the spread.

As much as I hate the idea of another trial three years for now I will lose some respect for the system if this defense is deemed effective.

JMO

Bad judgement does not render a defense "Ineffective". The defense filed numerous motions (timely and extraneous), objected continually (even when they forgot the basis), attempted to "thwart" any number of prosecution efforts, and garnered the assistance of numerous high profile "Experts".

Ego and bad strategy do not render a defense ineffective, just stupid.

HHJP bent over backward to educate and encourage the DT to remain within the Fl. Rules of Crim. Proc. .

NG reading from Cindys direct testimony being asked directly about March 17.....were you home on 3/17 ... If thats when those searches were made, I did them, so yes I was home.

Does anyone know if the Closing Statements have to reflect the OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV