2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any of the local stations offering a way of getting a text to mobile when the jury returns? I don't want random texts about other things, just a heads up so I can find a television. I know that somebody had said the media would be notified about a half an hour before the jury returns to the courtroom.

I don't think it will be tonight.. but that is just me.... maybe tomorrow

:twocents::twocents: I think they may return a verdict tomorrow, July 5. If not in a day or two it's going to be a long drawn out process.

I think they will all want to sleep on it at least one night.

I voted 1/2 day about a week ago and I haven't changed my mind yet.

I did too and im still standing by that. I honestly think it will be tonight.This jury has been on it's game wanting to move things along and I just dont think theyre gonna waste any time

I didnt hear ANYTHING in DT closing arguments to convince me otherwise BUT I heard a LOT from SA to solidify my thinking already and I beleive the jury got the same thing from the closings

I think theye pretty well got this figured out by now and can easily disregard all the dead ends,side streets and misdirections that the DT tried to throw in to throw them off the track of the REAL issue here of WHO KILLED Caylee!!
I think they can easily seperate the facts and whats important from, all the BS the DT threw out there, they wont waste time talking about things that dont matter in other words and INHO it wont take long.

I voted 2 days. The rest of today and all day tomorrow with a verdict coming late tomorrow or early morning Wedesday.

There's a poll that asked this already, but it was before closing arguments, and people have mentioned their minds have changed.

Now that we've seen everything, what do you think?

BTW, they will be able to see the Orlando Fireworks from the courthouse building.

Can the jury deliberate as long as they want or are there set times? Could the deliberate until 10pm if they want or is there a cut off of 5 or 6pm? And if they are allowed to go as long as they want, would the verdict be read at 8, 9 or 10pm?

I agree. But, past that and beyond.....the longer they deliberate, the more nervous I'll be.

Look at most of us, chatting, messaging, etc on this case. Don't be nervous if they want to take this intriguing sad sad case and piece it together, with the evidence.

It will be okay, even if they take over a week.

Can the jury deliberate as long as they want or are there set times? Could the deliberate until 10pm if they want or is there a cut off of 5 or 6pm? And if they are allowed to go as long as they want, would the verdict be read at 8, 9 or 10pm?
This is exactly what I am wondering? And can they have lunch and supper brought in to them and keep on deliberating, or must they break for meals?

The OJ Simpson jurors only took 4 hours, but the Scott Peterson jurors had trouble and took 7 days. I hope this jury is like the former and not the latter. Ugh, Vinnie Politan on HLN just said he has seen juries take 40 minutes to 3 weeks. :(

The OJ Simpson jurors only took 4 hours, but the Scott Peterson jurors had trouble and took 7 days. I hope this jury is like the former and not the latter.

maybe former as in quicker but for sure not in how they decided!:rocker: :twocents:

if it takes them a week to reach a good verdict I will **impatiently** wait LOL

This is exactly what I am wondering? And can they have lunch and supper brought in to them and keep on deliberating, or must they break for meals?

someone posted that Bill S. on wftv said that it was during business hours only... (it was live so no link) I would think they could request to deliberate thru meals, etc???:waitasec:

The OJ Simpson jurors only took 4 hours, but the Scott Peterson jurors had trouble and took 7 days. I hope this jury is like the former and not the latter. Ugh, Vinnie Politan on HLN just said he has seen juries take 40 minutes to 3 weeks. :(

Las Vegas jury took 13 hours to reach a verdict in OJ robbery case. They started to deliberate that morning, and they reached it that evening. about 10 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader