2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN showed Jeff Ashton in the hallway leaving the courtroom looking exhausted. Poor guy, he probably hoped for a verdict today....guess jury wants to at least examine evidence before its over...

OT. Did anyone see that padilla is on suburban, posing for pics with tourists? OMG.

I think the jurors know how they feel. Unless there is someone who is holding out, I think we will have a verdict tonight.

I believe this jury is tired and wants to go home ASAP. The woman who is supposed to leave on a cruise in 2 days , without a doubt, has made her decision and wants to this to be over with NOW. She probably feels she deserves the cruise after this six week sequestration. She's got to shop and pack and probably get her hair, nails and toes done.

OMG - I just posted about the woman who has the cruise coming up and NINE minutes later JVM asks about her on her live cut-in. Apparently, the woman can designate her verdict via proxy. She can be replaced by an alternate and she would tell the alternate what her vote is and the alternate would be required to vote that way!

Huh???
That's really out there, IMO. I know if she can't deliberate an alternate would take her place in deliberations and the alternate would vote, but no one on a jury can be required to vote a certain way. I'm not saying you are wrong, just misinformed IMO.

that was juror 3131 (she is not on the jury or an alternate)

***nurse has her color coded list I have kept since jury selection sitting in front of me*** LOL in just a sec I will post a quick synopsis of the 12 from my notes

Thanks! That's why I love ya! You have our ducks in a row. :rocker:

Huh???
That's really out there, IMO. I know if she can't deliberate an alternate would take her place in deliberations and the alternate would vote, but no one on a jury can be required to vote a certain way. I'm not saying you are wrong, just misinformed IMO.

That is not what I heard...I heard that they have to start deliberations all over if a new juror comes on...
But we have also determined here at WS on another thread that the woman with the vacation is the 17th, not the 7th...JMO...

I hope so too....live in No. California and going to the coast on Friday. Luckily, we do have Sirius Radio.

Is there a Sirius channel that covered or is covering the trial?

Did SA addressed the computer searches in their closing?

I'm not 100% sure but I do not think they did. JA mentioned chloroform but I do not remember him talking about the computer searches. IIRC, he started his timeline (in Closing Argument) in April? And the searches were in March, right?

I do not anticipate a problem with the 84 searches. Even one search is telling given the amount of chloroform evidenced in the car.

That is not what I heard...I heard that they have to start deliberations all over if a new juror comes on...
But we have also determined here at WS on another thread that the woman with the vacation is the 17th, not the 7th...JMO...

I recall during jury selection, that juror-to-be saying that her "first trip to Europe" was on the 17th or somewhere around then. JP said that we would be done, he thought by the 15th or so. He also has a vacation coming up so he wants them to reach a verdict quickly, too. That's my recollection, anyway.

I'm not 100% sure but I do not think they did. JA mentioned chloroform but I do not remember him talking about the computer searches. IIRC, he started his timeline (in Closing Argument) in April? And the searches were in March, right?

I do not anticipate a problem with the 84 searches. Even one search is telling given the amount of chloroform evidenced in the car.

I don't anticipate a problem when it comes to a verdict, but who in their right mind would need to do 84 searches on the same word, or thing? I DO have a problem with that. I really don't have a problem with anything else in this case though. Since the searches occurred on MySpace we know it was ICA....it's just the number 84 that bothers me.

I recall during jury selection, that juror-to-be saying that her "first trip to Europe" was on the 17th or somewhere around then. JP said that we would be done, he thought by the 15th or so. He also has a vacation coming up so he wants them to reach a verdict quickly, too. That's my recollection, anyway.

They won't make that timeline if there is a guilty verdict for 1st degree murder. Even if the verdict came tomorrow, July 5, the penalty phase is estimated at two weeks. Then you have closing arguments again and jury deliberations again. Add the 48 hour break and that takes this case to at least July 22nd. And that's with no delays (like that will happen with JB and crew).

I have a lot of empathy for this poor jury.

Is there a Sirius channel that covered or is covering the trial?

I have satellite radio, it has HLN. Can't you just see me putting a massage on hold to get out my iPad or run to my car for verdict being read??

Lol, I have it all figured out. If the jury comes back Tuesday or Wednesday, it is guilty of something fairly major, because no way 12 people think she is innocent, and also it can't be a hung jury that quickly, the judge would never allow it.

Huh???

HLN is spreading the misinfo then because the wife and I heard EXACTLY the same thing JCamille heard on HLN when someone brought up that very question.

Not the exact wording but close... that a juror who had to leave would be replaced by an alternate and would in private meeting then reveal to that alternate what their verdict is before leaving. The alternate is then required to vote that way then

Not saying its right or wrong (I honestly have no idea) so please dont take offense , just that JCamille is right as far as what was said would happen if a juror left.

HLN is spreading the misinfo then because the wife and I heard EXACTLY the same thing JCamille heard on HLN when someone brought up that very question.

Not the exact wording but close... that a juror who had to leave would be replaced by an alternate and would in private meeting then reveal to that alternate what their verdict is before leaving. The alternate is then required to vote that way then

Not saying its right or wrong (I honestly have no idea) so please dont take offense , just that JCamille is right as far as what was said would happen if a juror left.

What I heard them say is that they would have to start deliberations over at that point, take a vote and carry on...?

Am I reading this correctly?? That the JURY not only passes a verdict, (!st degree murder,manslaughter,1st degree premeditated murder, not guilty, etc.) but also must then meet again to pass whatever sentence is given??

I thought that the sentencing was what the Judge was for?? Is this a nationwide thing or just a Fla thing??

Man...am I EVER confused!!!

LOL...not long, I'd wager. For all of the defense team's smoke and mirrors, I think this jury has a clear path to the truth. Half a day, maybe...just to review and reassure themselves of what their guts are already telling them. An additional 1/2 day to discuss. By tomorrowI'd guess we'll have a verdict. But who can say for sure?

Am I reading this correctly?? That the JURY not only passes a verdict, (!st degree murder,manslaughter,1st degree premeditated murder, not guilty, etc.) but also must then meet again to pass whatever sentence is given??

I thought that the sentencing was what the Judge was for?? Is this a nationwide thing or just a Fla thing??

Man...am I EVER confused!!!

The jurors are only involved in the penalty phase if they come back with a capital verdict...and then there will be that second "mini-trial" they talked about during jury selection. The judge will deal with sentencing for any lesser charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader