2011.07.22 George & Cindy Board Private Jet for Nassau Vacation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say this another way. Now we know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as witnessed by the change of stories throughout the last 3 years. One might say they didn't want their daughter to get the death penalty. I get that.

But, what Cindy did on the stand could have created some very wide spread problems for the company she worked for.

Gentiva is a publicly traded company. They sell stock. As such they fall under the direction and auspices of the FTC. Audits and record keeping are a huge factor in FTC monitored business. Quarterly reports must be filed. And audits are regularly done.

What Cindy testified to as far as her pay records and not being able to list overtime and marking a time card that you are there when you are not and having a supervisor complete your time card for you, are all major issues in the Fair Labor Standards Act, which is a federal Law and mandates how business must account for their payroll.

This was not a little white lie. NO this could have had far reaching effects because as you saw Gentiva did have the accurate records that they are required to keep for 7 years, but in the case of a health care facility probably much much longer. They had to set the record straight.

This could have caused a major investigation into the record keeping of that company and could have affected stock trade for the company. This was no joke. Yet Cindy did it to help her daughter. BOUNDARIES are broken when you take it that far.

They can start all the foundations they want. Some will support it and some will say not on my hard earned money no matter how good the cause.

OT I guess....I went to the Bahamas years and years ago. Maybe it is just me but I was not impressed...maybe it has improved...we could not even drink the water there. Horrible smells from the reef...I know lots of people that have been there and enjoyed it but my experience was not a good one....I am not a picky person by any means but that was how our trip was. Good, uh no,lol, IMO

There are resorts that are insulated from the poverty that surrounds them. If you stay in the compound it seems like paradise. Very sad IMO.

Well, I'm not arguing whether or not the A's are accepting the bumpy road ahead. I'm asserting that they should be left alone and every step they make should not be criticized. Let them go to Home Depot. Let them go on a paid vacation. Let them go home. Let them go for a walk. Let them write a book, go on a morning talk show, without people trying to decipher their motives.

It is your right to hold that opinion and I respect your right to voice it. But for those that don't agree, some believe the Anthonys ask for the limelight they get it. :) Whether it be negative or positive.

It's not that they're IN the media. It's how they present themselves to the media and to the public that wants to help them.

I remember Ed Smart, for quite awhile, was a suspect in his daughter's disappearance.
There were a lot of ugly things said about him. But he continued to be humble & grateful, &
was in control of his anger when in public. Eventually, I think, he had a breakdown,
but not in public for the world to observe. I felt sooo bad for him & his family.

The Smarts and most other families with missing & murdered children behave so differently from the A's.

The A's always seem so overly defensive and then become so offensive.
The A's behavior is a turn-off and makes it difficult to want to help them
or to understand what they're going through or why they choose to do what they do.

Regardless of my negative feelings towards them, for all their negative behavior.....
they still have my sympathy over the loss of their granddaughter.

I just wish they'd learned something from how the other families behaved and
reacted and performed in front of the media.

Gratitude goes a long way!

Again, it's not what they do. It's how & when they do it.

MY BOLD

I agree with what you said. Their behavior has been so odd at times that I have had to scrape way down to find a layer of support for them within me. But at the end of the day, compassion always won out over condemnation because I could not imagine myself in their shoes and I don't know how I would react. When this all occurred in '08, I had just learned my only child was pregnant, and now I have an adorable almost 17-month grandson. The thought of losing him in such a horrific way is too painful to contemplate. But I think that I would still try to save my daughter, as we saw the Anthonys do. They have to live with their choices, and the condemnations that go with it. I just can't bring myself to add to it any.

Let me say this another way. Now we know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as witnessed by the change of stories throughout the last 3 years. One might say they didn't want their daughter to get the death penalty. I get that.

But, what Cindy did on the stand could have created some very wide spread problems for the company she worked for.

Gentiva is a publicly traded company. They sell stock. As such they fall under the direction and auspices of the FTC. Audits and record keeping are a huge factor in FTC monitored business. Quarterly reports must be filed. And audits are regularly done.

What Cindy testified to as far as her pay records and not being able to list overtime and marking a time card that you are there when you are not and having a supervisor complete your time card for you, are all major issues in the Fair Labor Standards Act, which is a federal Law and mandates how business must account for their payroll.

This was not a little white lie. NO this could have had far reaching effects because as you saw Gentiva did have the accurate records that they are required to keep for 7 years, but in the case of a health care facility probably much much longer. They had to set the record straight.

This could have caused a major investigation into the record keeping of that company and could have affected stock trade for the company. This was no joke. Yet Cindy did it to help her daughter. BOUNDARIES are broken when you take it that far.

They can start all the foundations they want. Some will support it and some will say not on my hard earned money no matter how good the cause.

Thank you! CA did not care who was affected by her lies. Gentiva ,her supervisor (who was so good to her !) and all the people she accused along the way of having something to do with Caylee's murder.

I am curious though,about who will support their foundation. Who would actually send them donations? :waitasec:

If I remember correctly, information from the BBB comes from the charity itself. Charities are asked to fill out forms information and submit it to the BBB. Many times charities don't do it becuase it's time consuming and there are other more important mandated financial reporting requirements. And also becuase the BBB is a non profit with its own agenda.

There are a lot of charities listed (well known and unknown to me). You can look at how much each charity is making and how they're dividing up those funds, among other things. If you don't see the charity you're looking for you can ask BBB to get the financial info for you. Where are you getting the information that many charities fail to respond to a BBB request because it's 'time consuming'? Are you insinuating there is fraud on BBB's part because they have their 'own agenda'? :waitasec:

Mandated reporting comes from the charity itself too, I'm missing your point?

http://www.bbb.org/charity-reviews/national/

IMO

I think there's a difference between appearing on talk shows when people want to know your story, and being spotlight grabbers. Is Jaycee Dugard a spotlight grabber as well? Her mother? How about the parents of Elizabeth Smart? How would their appearances on the talk shows be any different than the A's?

The Dugards and Smarts didn't hinder LE's efforts to find and prosecute the person responsible for victimizing their daughters. Cindy Anthony did, in fact, try to protect the person who victimized her granddaughter. She knowingly provided a wrong hairbrush for testing, lied under oath, etc... Yes, she was the mother of accused murderer, but that only makes it worse, not better imo.

As the mother of the suspect, she could have pushed for everyone and everything (every bit of evidence) to be honestly evaluated so she could get the truth of what happened to Caylee; that's what Cindy said she wanted - the truth, no matter who was incriminated. She could have pushed to help her daughter understand the importance of disclosing everything she knew and working with authorities. When it came to trial, she could have told the truth and helped make sure her daughter was held accountable, while planning to do everything humanly possible to save her daughter from the DP, if/when it came to that in the penalty phase.

Now, the As have the truth they say they wanted. They know George didn't do anything to Caylee or her body, so by Casey's own admission in Opening Statements, it only leaves Casey with Caylee the day she died. No kidnapper; Caylee was never missing; Casey has known every moment for the last 3 years exactly what happened to sweet Caylee. Casey is responsible for Caylee's murder/death and did everything possible to point the finger elsewhere, including marathon lie fests, blaming innocent people and throwing her own family members under the bus (some of which Cindy endorsed and encouraged, imo)...

It's just my opinion and I do respect opposing ones, but Cindy Anthony is not someone who should be an advocate for missing children or laws, she is not qualified to run a foundation or disperse advice on the matter. Cindy Anthony is the poster child for how family members should NOT handle themselves. She proved herself to be more about the perpetrator than the victim. She hasn't admitted to her wrong-doing, she hasn't apologized to those she intentionally maligned and caused hardship in order to divert blame from her suspect daughter (Jesse, Tim Miller, etc...). She should be facing charges for perjury or obstruction of justice, imo. If she and George don't want attention, they would stop asking their attorney to go on tv every single day to talk about their business, imo... They are for sale and trying to raise the value of their interviews (probably made a deal with Baez to let go Casey go first, but that's not moving fast enough - speculation only)...

I'm glad Cindy Anthony is out of the country and Casey Anthony is keeping her mouth shut for the time being.... Go on vacation; stay gone as LOOOOONNNG as possible. Some people will be waiting to see your talk show appearances when you come back. I'm not one that has any interest in what Cindy Anthony has to say. If George ever divorces Cindy, I would be interested in hearing what he has to say somewhere down the road. But, until then, I suspect he will express little true feeling and original thought and will simply follow Cindy's script...

JMO...

If I were Gentiva I would be looking at a fat law suit against CA!!!

Maybe they need legal counsel who doesn't want to be on the news everyday......He has done them no favors and IMHO is just looking to make money off Caylee. They could tell him not to go on TV and do interviews, being their counsel he speaks for them. They are doing the media rounds through him and I don't feel sorry for anyone who is making money off exploiting the death of a little girl. No matter what happened it has become about money and greed. It makes me sad to think this might be her legacy, and not the fact that a beautiful little girl lost her life to soon. IMHO I think thats what upsets people the most.

Actually I feel there should be a law preventing people from "protesting" near people's homes. I know that flies in the face of the constitution and these people were not actually on the Anthony property...but I just think it's wrong. There are so many public places, social media outlets to voice opionion that I feel homes should be off limits.

ITA, there are innocent people that live in the neighborhood too, they didn't ask to have this family for a neighbor. Seems like their right to privacy is being ignored because people feel, understandably, the A's have lost their right due to the behavior of their family and the great injustice to Caylee as a result of.

please don't alter the player names.This has been the rule for 3 years in this forum.

Thank you! CA did not care who was affected by her lies. Gentiva ,her supervisor (who was so good to her !) and all the people she accused along the way of having something to do with Caylee's murder.

I am curious though,about who will support their foundation. Who would actually send them donations? :waitasec:

Someone said the foundation could be used to run their book money through to keep from paying taxes on it. Not sure that could be done....but the timing sure is right. jmo

No the hecklers are not right. But I think it's a question of being smart. If they had ignored the heckler and just gotten in the car, what would show up on tv. Just a video and voice of a heckler. Who would care?

The "heckler" was a member of the media and camera man who followed Cindy and George to Home Depot. George did ignore him. He merely walked over and looked behind the car to get the license plate number. Maybe he had good reason for doing so, maybe the media was chasing them or maybe they felt the guy had threatened them in some way. Why does anyone care anyway, why not leave this people alone, let them shop in piece. Since when is people buying a leaf blower considered newsworthy?

There are a lot of charities listed (well known and unknown to me). You can look at how much each charity is making and how they're dividing up those funds, among other things. If you don't see the charity you're looking for you can ask BBB to get the financial info for you. Where are you getting the information that many charities fail to respond to a BBB request because it's 'time consuming'? Are you insinuating there is fraud on BBB's part because they have their 'own agenda'? :waitasec:

IMO

I am a retired CEO of a non profit and was asked to submit the BBB charity Questionaire and financial data. Re charities not responding becuase it's time consuming.. that was based on feedback I receieved from other ceo's in my area and how I viewed the request. I am not implying, nor did I, that fruad was involved.

I agree. I don't know if I would have stayed inside, or eventually come outside to defend myself and my property. I've never been put in that position. I can imagine one would be driven to the point of high discomfort, though, with a ton of protestors outside.

I can't recall another missing child situation that included protestors at the home of the family. The protestors didn't start the situation ,they were reacting to it. I don't agree with what the protestors did,but it was the A's behavior that antagonized the public .
What amazes me is that the family didn't learn anything from that situation .They continued to lie ,hold those trying to search for Caylee in contempt and to align themselves with very HINKY "friends". It didn't have to be this way.

They don't want to be left alone! When they get back you will see them on all of the morning shows peddling the new foundation. Just wait.
And pictures of them on the beach...

IMO

I noticed KID FINDERS was not listed...why is that and ofcourse the Caylee marie Anthony foundation was not either unless I missed it... im skepical of many of these organizations. i saw Cindy working feverishly at the get go on her altruistic endeavors LOL

Someone said the foundation could be used to run their book money through to keep from paying taxes on it. Not sure that could be done....but the timing sure is right. jmo

Profits from the book go to the charity. Their salaries come from the charity.

That kind of 'news' report is just tabloid-level, gossipy stuff. It's not news, it's not important, it doesn't matter.

I couldn't care less where the Anthonys go on a vacation or how they pay for it or what they do there. That's their business. The trial's over. It's done. The Anthonys all need to get on with their lives, the jurors need to get on with their lives... and most definitely a lot of members of 'the media' need to get a life, period. They need to find a new story to latch onto, to be their next claim to fame.

ITA. BBM

So just because some of us cannot afford to go away is no reason for this tread.
YES, they can take a vacation.
What they should not have done was MESS UP THE CASE with their clean up and misdirect....

Just remember that fight before the drama.
GA found risqué photos on the comp. I am sure those photos were not just KC but Caylee too. :eek:
In addition, strangely after CA took little Caylee to see grandpa - and Caylee talked with CA all the way home - the rest is history.

If you don’t want to see her interviewed don’t - change the channel – I WILL
And DO NO buy her book - I WON'T

You are all giving these people too much attention.
As long as GA is not charged for his interference with the case, let nature take its cause.
Karma will do it’s job.
But we do need a Caylee Law or a Shaniya Law that will put these kind of cases up front
Selling children is not acceptable even if grandparents need to save the one child standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez