2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really at a loss here . How does someone,who couldn't be less deserving of a break, get one break after another? Where is that Karma train?

Even if JP reinstates probation,the DT will appeal,since this seems to be a new issue for FL Law.As with all things Casey,this could go on forever.

I don't know why anyone thinks she's in danger. Not with her kind of luck.

Don't worry, she can't escape the IRS forever. And then there's the afterlife, where she'll be burning for eternity. Karma will come. It's just taking it's sweet time.

Ok I realize this may be a stupid question, but can someone explain to me why decisions always have to be made , based on "previous case law" Can't anyone make a decision on their own? I mean, someone had to make an original ruling lol..Just something I never understood
:waitasec:
Good question...cause that original ruling would have needed to be upheld.

Here is how I look at this.

Say the Probation order said 12 months probation with the ordinary and regular items of probation.

But just say that in addition it said that as a part of probation Casey must perform 200 hours of community service.

Now, how in God's green earth would she have been able to do that while in jail? Would the probation department have waived that too? Just like they did the court ordered administrative costs?

Probation is not meant to be served while lying on your cot in protective custody. While fiddling with your hair or writing fantasy letters and passing them to other inmates.

Probation is a process of proving that you can be a law abiding citizen in a culture where laws must be followed for the good of all.

I really hope whoever is in charge of that probation department takes a good hard look at the policies and practices and if a few heads need to roll for lazy enforcement then do it.

Excellent post all very good points!! She may get away with all this, but in the end, she is so very hated in the States, and this will make it worse for her, no-one will hire her, and I really think that if there were any mega bucks for interviews, her and her Team can kiss it all good-bye, her mother and father will be hated even more so than in the past, for someone 25 or so, her life is down the drain, and her little team will all go their own way, when they realize that there is no pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow!!

I would like to see what has become of her this time next year!!

I wonder if the State and "Strickland" will get an extra bonus for all this? JMO but now they just seem petty and like they are being vindicitive because they lost this case. It should be over they lost the case, screwed up over and over on this case. Time to leave it alone and stop wasting the tax payers money. If she gets in trouble again then get her but it is past time to leave her alone. IMO they are being bullys and acting like mob mentality rules.

IMO - KC should not be allowed to get away scott free with everything.
Seeems she has never had to account for anything her whole life, not even the murder of her child. People are expected to let the law be followed & let this trail of horrors go, but not expected to want the law followed on her other charges?
Caylee will never be over in my heart.

Hellllllllllllooooooooooooo read the rules folks. If you see a post that doesn't meet terms of service don't answer it alert alert alert.

We do not attack other posters. I would suggest anyone wishing to voice their opinion while bringing another poster's thoughts into a negative light had better read the rules.

Thanks.

He may find the case(s) RH cited in his blog.
Hey, RH...want to email JP and move this along? :)

I was really, really hoping RH would have an opportunity to leap up and demand Casey be brought to justice :maddening:

Aedrys,

Hi, here is Hornsby site: http://www.richardhornsby.com/criminal/first-time-offender.html

If KC had not been a suspect in her daughter's death, in all likelihood, she would have pled the charges down - meaning admitted what she had done, make restitution (and Cindy would have paid it) and she would have more than likely gotten probation. BUT SHE IS A MURDER suspect or was and so lets get her back to jail and see what happens when she is locked up for a while - unfortuantely, nothing.

But that's exactly what she did - admitted what she did, apologized to Amy saying she should have been a better friend, and Baez made restitution on her behalf long before the case actually came to court. Not the court's fault she was also charged with a capital crime for which there was no bail...
and unfortunately something did happen - while she was found NG on the capital murder charges, she was found guilty of four counts of lying to the LE and was given four one year sentences to run concurrently. So never mind your "nothing" Mr. Hornsby...

In addition to the costs of the wild goose chase looking for a missing child that was clearly dead, I believe they are requesting reimbursement for the investigation and discovery costs and everything that went along with a murder investigation.

JB comes out day 1 and says "sorry guys, Caylee was dead June 16th". Since Casey knew the child was dead on June 16th and then JB admits it in opening statements, it really only seems logical that the state should recoup the cost of the investigatio. JMO

I'm really at a loss here . How does someone,who couldn't be less deserving of a break, get one break after another? Where is that Karma train?

Even if JP reinstates probation,the DT will appeal,since this seems to be a new issue for FL Law.As with all things Casey,this could go on forever.

I don't know why anyone thinks she's in danger. Not with her kind of luck.

But this is the appeal isn't it?

IIRC the supervisor stated that this procedure is not uncommon and has been done numerous times with other people in jail. The precedent appears to have already been created, this was not a unique thing they decided to do for CA, it is frequently done.

jmo

They had no right to decide to do that for CFCA . Judge Strickland ordered Probation after release .

I liked it in court today when HHJP said "In this case everything that could go wrong - did"!

So Mr. Baez, how do you feel about your "Big Career Win" as everything that could go wrong??? Hmmm???

Don't worry, she can't escape the IRS forever. And then there's the afterlife, where she'll be burning for eternity. Karma will come. It's just taking it's sweet time.

IDK Aedrys,
There are countries that don't extradite back to the US. One supporter with money,and she's gone. I have very little faith she'll be held accountable for anything.

In addition to the costs of the wild goose chase looking for a missing child that was clearly dead, I believe they are requesting reimbursement for the investigation and discovery costs and everything that went along with a murder investigation.

JB comes out day 1 and says "sorry guys, Caylee was dead June 16th". Since Casey knew the child was dead on June 16th and then JB admits it in opening statements, it really only seems logical that the state should recoup the cost of the investigatio. JMO

Maybe JB is going to plead that he had to incur those expenses in searches etc., because he couldn't just the word of his client who is a known habitual liar! :crazy:

You are awesome LL. Thank you so much.

Here is a snapshot of the visits around the time-frame of when the probation officer was suppose to be visiting Casey.

Thank You . Natilia lewis is the only name I don't recognize in the thumb nail list .

IDK Aedrys,
There are countries that don't extradite back to the US. One supporter with money,and she's gone. I have very little faith she'll be held accountable for anything.

Do you actually think she would do that and be happy? This is a gal who except for the first few years of her life - grew up and lived/travelled to no other place than Orlando!

She wouldn't be a "star" in another country...

But this is the appeal isn't it?

The FL Supreme Court. It seems like all the cases cited had been upheld by the FL Supreme Court,although I may not have paid enough attention to the details.

So here's my question to you all. What is the WORST case scenario(s) FCA can face? I'm confused, very confused. Seems like a miscalculation of time regardless of whether or not she indeed did serve probation in jail. Can they sentence her to more time and then hold her accountable for parole violations while she was incarcerated??

He may find the case(s) RH cited in his blog.
Hey, RH...want to email JP and move this along? :)

There's been 5 freaken days to research it. Doesn't JPerry EVER do anything without precedent?

So here's my question to you all. What is the WORST case scenario(s) FCA can face? I'm confused, very confused. Seems like a miscalculation of time regardless of whether or not she indeed did serve probation in jail. Can they sentence her to more time and then hold her accountable for parole violations while she was incarcerated??

IMO, the worst case scenario is Casey will not have to serve probation. IF by some chance Judge Perry honors Judge Strickland's original order that Casey has to serve a year's probation on the outside, then she will have to serve the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela