2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if she goes on probation the State of Florida has to pay to protect here?!?!?!?!?!?
If anyone wonders why our government is in such a financial mess? This is a perfect example of it right now. What a waste of taxpayer's time and money. JMHO
If the defense team would just shut the heck UP about the comings and goings of their client, the safety issue would be moot. IMO.

The only "enormous problem" it creates is concerning FCA and profit. It has nothing to do with threats or the need to protect her. It has to do with keeping her hidden so they can sell her images.

I am so hopeful that she does have to serve probation. We all know that it will be impossible for her to do it and I think she will end up back in jail or on skidrow. jmo

Jean C thinks the central issue is jurisdiction; she served a form of probation; judge can go either way>probably will go to case law outside of FL.

I get the feeling that even if he gives her probation, it's not going to be what everyone wants (knowing where she is at all times). JMO

I'm just happy it wasn't dismissed outright and now Casey has to sweat it out.

HHJP and Mr. Mason are good friends?

That is not unusual. My husband used to play golf in the afternoon with the judge he went before in the mornings. He was a criminal defense attorney.

What the H are they talking about? I see neck cracking...

Here is an easy solution: If there is no legal precedent then this court and this Judge can set one with a ruling today. Probation, as court ordered, was not served and the defendant must complete the courts ruling as originally stated in open court and on video in that courtroom on that day, January 25, 2010.

And it's not like they didn't all know that the criminal murder case was just around the corner. So, they had some idea if and when this ordered probation would start.

Did anyone ever read anything in MSM that Casey's probation officer visited Casey in jail?

I do not remember ever reading or hearing about any visit from any probation officer. Would be interesting to see if any MSM articles exist.
And I know her visitation lists were out there and some very astute sleuthers going over them, but nothing I can recall about any probation officers.

He agrees she didn't serve actual probation and that JS's orders weren't followed. But he seems to be leaning toward some type of probation, but brings up the issue of her safety and DT's concerns while recognizing what the SA's office is saying.
He's going to reserve judgement until he can do more reading and research.

And the judicial nightmare that is Casey Anthony continues.

He said he has to consider the safety of Ms Anthony. In other words he is going to let her phone it in....

Heck, there was no probation. What is the problem with these people. Is it the water down there????

No, it's KC Anthony. Her DT, like her....doesn't know the first thing about telling the truth. I can see that they took full advantage of the "clerical error". Now it's time for HHJP to decide who takes the responsibility for it..

Why is Mason allowed to not speak at the hearing on the record but approach the judge to discuss it?

Ms Frye asked to approach for an unrelated matter and is waiting to present to the judge but Mason is talking.

Maybe Ms.Frye is asking HH when he will charge her boss with contempt so she can start running the office :innocent:

I like that Judge Perry kept going back to JB's original argument of Casey getting off the murder charges as a base reference point. And the probation issue at that point!

I think if you dug deeply into the visitor list you might have found the one visit. I don't recall any major news coverage of this visit.

There are some smaller details about probation that were never met like her paying a fee with each visit and proving she is holding a job and place to live (jail can’t count) and sometimes restitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb