2012.08.09 Hearing to unseal docs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
POSTED: * 08/13/2012 02:36:59 PM MDT
UPDATED: * 08/13/2012 03:16:07 PM

Yeah, I just seen where the link above that I posted was updated.

Posted the official documents in the official links page.

I guess that's all we'll get? The motions and rulings? I suppose we'll have to rely on "sources" until this case goes to trial, if ever. It might take years before it does.

I guess that's all we'll get? The motions and rulings? I suppose we'll have to rely on "sources" until this case goes to trial, if ever. It might take years before it does.

Well, one answered a question. I wondered why he had to sit in the juror's box during the first court apperance. The way I understand, a member of the auidence threatened JH and LE decided to put him there for his safety.

http://www.courts.state.co.us/userf...Defendant to Sit at Counsel Table (D-012).pdf

Whole bunch of Court filings listed now.

http://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/District/Case_Details.cfm?Case_ID=152

Not going to post them individually, too many. I'll try to look at them if it is slow at work today. You guys will be way ahead of me by then.

Thanks for the link. I scanned all the documents that were released. Really not much that I could see. JH's attorneys want everything sealed and hidden. The judge pretty much agrees, but he decided to let the filings be listed. He said that the court was open to the media and public, so he is not failing his duty. (or something like that)

His attorneys also bought up the fact that the court post the filing under a heading called "cases of interest" on their site.

A number of agencies not directly tied to law enforcement or the university have used the gag order to deny requests for information, a point Zansberg had asked the judge to clarify.

Aurora city building department officials cited the order, for example, when they declined to release blueprints of the theater contained in permitting documents.

The Aurora Fire Department refused requests for inspection records that might provide information on when the exit door Holmes used to re-enter the theater had last been inspected.

And the Arapahoe County coroner's office declined to release its reports on the victims, saying the office is an arm of law enforcement.

Sylvester's order did little to clarify the limits of his gag order.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21305608/judge-keeps-some-documents-theater-shooting-case-sealed

IMO, there is NO reason not to release fire inspection reports or blueprints.

The judge is worried that JH will not get a fair trial with the release of an info
IMO, if he is worried then he has to share all NOTES, evidences , pictures, videos with the defense at least :) - I cant believe that Defense is like begging them to preserve notes and emails between prosecution and LE (did i get that right?) and share it with them...

http://apps.auroragov.org/newsupdates/News/Announcement of Court Order 7 23 12.pdf

NEWS RELEASE
AURORA POLICE DEPARTMENT
15001 E. Alameda Parkway
Aurora, Colorado 80012
DATE: July 23, 2012
NATURE: Court Orders Limiting Media Disclosures
CASE NUMBER: 12-28181
Aurora, Colo. – The Aurora Police Department is in receipt of the court orders issued today, July 23,
2012 in the matter of the People of the State of Colorado v. James Holmes. As a result and effective
immediately, the Aurora Police Department will offer no further updates, comment or interviews on
the investigation into the July 20 events at the Century 16 Theater.
From this point forward, all media inquiries will be directed to the Office of the District Attorney for
the 18
th
Judicial District.
Chief Daniel Oates offered the following statement in response to the court orders: “The Police
Department’s highest priority is the successful prosecution of this case. We are determined to achieve
justice for the victims. We are well aware of the media and public interest in this case, but we ask for
patience and understanding. Because of these orders, we simply cannot make any further comment. All
of us must await the outcome of our judicial process.”

According to John Ingold's tweet, an attorney for CU turned over 100 pages of documents today, which the judge will hold until the hearing on August 23rd.

https://twitter.com/john_ingold/status/236190755297832960

So the hearing on 23rd regarding the notebook will be public correct? Meaning, they will allow media (no pictures), and we might find out more details based on what happens?

I think all hearings are public.

CENTENNIAL, Colo. -- The suspect in the Aurora movie shooting showed no emotion in court Thursday as a lawyer discussed a charity's efforts to distribute $4 million it raised for the victims.

James Holmes attended the brief procedural hearing in which the prosecution sought the judge's permission to release contact information on the 12 people killed and 58 injured. Most documents in the case have been sealed, so even that step required Judge William Sylvester's approval.

"People have been incapacitated or lost family members and are in dire financial straits," prosecutor Rich Orman said

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/17/james-holmes-court-appearance-victims_n_1795932.html

Also a photo sketch of him at this link.

Isn't the hearing to release documents supposed to be today? The 'silence is deafening'. Where is the transparency in this case ?

Isn't the hearing to release documents supposed to be today? The 'silence is deafening'. Where is the transparency in this case ?

Yes it is/was today and focused on the release of his school records to the prosecution. No word on the outcome yet...

DENVER – *Prosecutors say the suspect in the Colorado theater shooting made threats and was banned from the University of Colorado after failing a key exam six weeks before the rampage.

They made the accusations about James Holmes in court Thursday as they tried to convince a judge to let them see records from the university, where Holmes had been a graduate student.

Holmes is accused of killing 12 people and wounding 58 others in a July 20 shooting at an Aurora theater.

They also claim professors had urged Holmes to get into another line of work before the shooting. Attorney Karen Pearson didn't disclose where their information came from.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/2...er-release-colorado-shooting-suspect-records/

They also claim professors had urged Holmes to get into another line of work before the shooting. Attorney Karen Pearson didn't disclose where their information came from.

The section above is written in a most curious manner-- I'm interested in seeing other reports explanation of the "line of work" statement. I know what I normally would understand that to mean but in this case, I have questions...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back