4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO
If I had evidence to dispose of I don’t think I’d be digging in the middle of winter (hard ground etc) too slow too visible
I d throw it in a body of water or burn it
But if he wanted to keep the knife, he'd bury it somewhere so he could return for it. It didn't look that cold in Moscow the night of the murders. At the food truck, they weren't wearing really heavy coats.
JMO

Because the receipt says they took seats, seat cushions, headrests, seatbelts, brake pedal etc. FBI probably had to dismantle the car to take those things.
View attachment 432010

Why did they need those things is the point. They weren't looking for maps in the brake pedal. As Boxer said, they were looking for victim DNA in his car.

JMO.

I must have mixed up the warrants, but when I posted that originally, my thought was that when LE says BK was utilising the same cellular resource as the King Rd house, I strongly believe they have a much closer range with the phone pings than what many people seem to think they are capable of. Jmo. The geofence warrant proves they can narrow down to a half mile, at the very least.

Then we have the SG statement about BK's phone "touching" their wifi/bluetooth. Imo, this all hints to LE pinpointing his location on those 12 previous times to close to the King Rd house and not just any random place in Moscow within the entire tower range. He was in the area for almost an hour on the night he was pulled over, which happened right after he moved from one cellular resource to another, my guess is from one sector to another. What was he doing near the King Rd house for an hour? After what happened in that house, I'm not buying that he was shopping, getting tutored, visiting a girl, etc... all late night or early morning hours.

Cellular pings are significant evidence, from cases I've seen go to court. Imo, he was stalking that house.
I watched the interview with SG, but that was months ago.

Are we sure he meant BK's phone "touched" the house Wifi all 12 times the MPD places BK in Moscow?

I don't recall SG's exact words, but my gut impression is that he may have been referring to one out of those 12 occasions. Or two, or three, etc.

I am genuinely asking here, as I don't pretend to have memorized SG's words.

Are we sure he meant BK's phone "touched" the house Wifi all 12 times the MPD places BK in Moscow?

I don't recall SG's exact words, but my gut impression is that he may have been referring to one out of those 12 occasions. Or two, or three, etc.

Once is what I remember.
As in, his cell touched their wifi.

MOO That would probably mean he was closer to the house than sitting parked up at the Queen Rd. parking spots.

For those who say he had been planning this for awhile, do you believe he was planning to murder these specific victims, or just murder someone ? How long did the victims live at this address ? My daughter moved almost every year while she was in college. I never understood the theory on why he targeted these poor victims. What does everyone think is behind that ? He was quite older than all of them, I wouldn’t think he would be out or online meeting 20 year olds, but who knows.

I'm confident the FBI will provide a cell phone expert to testify at BK's trial. An FBI cell phone expert testified at Patrick Frazee's trial and he's right where he belongs.

JMO
OK, but it was a different, domestic murder case. Meant to look like “some Joe did it” but in fact, with a camera video showing PF walking into the house. Also, a story when two phones were traveling together. Also, the co-conspirator who testified. If in Idaho story there indeed is a cellphone handshake with the home internet system, or BK’s phone is in the vicinity of any of the victims’ phone, this turns into a very different situation.

Colorado had all in PF’s case, even more, open for the public, they are not secretive with their cases, and CO is not a DP state.

Just sorta thinking about the car. And the fact that there doesn't seem to exactly be a lot of time for BK to have stripped off a protective suit outside the house before getting in the car.

If I was BK and didn't plan to wear a protective suit (disposable ones can be noisy and would he want to spend time outside the house to take it off?), what steps could/would I take to prep my car & myself?

Vans are easy for me to toe off once I get outside the house. I can leave a pair of mens slip on sandals outside my car on the ground to change into or even drop them off outside the house as I enter. Leave a trash bag outside the car or tucked in my pocket to toss them in before I get in the car.

Disposable gloves--either I can double glove so I can pull off the outer ones and shove them in a pocket/bag before I exit and need to touch the slider door handle or I wear one pair and leave the slider door open enough that I can slip out or stick my arm/leg through the opening and push it open without my bare hands touching the handle.

My exterior car door handle--either I can assume my hands won't have blood on them because I will have already taken my gloves off, or if I'm paranoid I could wrap it in duct tape, cling wrap, etc.

Inside the car (going from manufacturer photos of the inside of a standard model):

the steering wheel--if my bloody gloves are still on or I'm worried I might have blood on my sleeves that could transfer, I would have already put a small trash bag over it and secured it with tape around the steering column, but not so tight that I can't operate my turn signal or turn on my headlights

starting the car--many levels of that year's Elantra have a push button start. If I'm worried about transfer, I'm taping some plastic over it. If I have a key start, before I cover the wheel I'm inserting the key and leaving it in the ignition until after I take the key off. A loose enough bag will let me manipulate it. Maybe I even have a remote starter installed after I bought it and can start it with my key fob.

gear shift and parking brake-- bags over them.

car seat--I'm getting some cheap vinyl/plasticky elastic car seat cover that I can toss later.

gas/brake pedal--I'm not too worried here, I already took my Vans off. But if I'm paranoid about my pants or socks dripping, I'm covering them with bags and securing them with tape.

floor of the driver's side--cheap floor mat I don't mind pitching or taping plastic tarp down (less likely, too easy to rip down and slippery when I"m trying to get in and out).

seatbelt--no way am I putting it on. There is no good way to cover it entirely, esp up at the top where it's going to retract back in while I'm in the house....and no good way to protect the buckle and lock and still have them work. We already know he had no problem driving w/o a seatbelt as we saw when he got pulled over in August in Moscow at 11:40 pm w/o a seatbelt. Anyway, I just killed 4 people, so I'm not real worried about following the rules of the road right now.

Honestly my biggest concern if I'm a tall guy like BK is my legs brushing the underside of the driver's side foot well, or my arms/legs brushing against the inside of the door. Tape and tarp time. I'll have to be careful and precise here so that it doesn't risk getting caught in the door and torn down. I might even make sure to cover that gap between the driver's seat and the part next to it where the parking brake/gear shift is so that any hairs that are on me don't drop off and hide in there.

My main problems in making sure my car is protected are where can I do all this taping without being seen/noticed and making sure I tape things on securely enough (the joys of tape in the winter time) but also taping them loosely enough that movement won't immediately rip them down or hamper my ability to steer/change gears/close the door/etc.

I can put on the seat cover and spare floor mat without drawing suspicion back at the apartment. Heck, I can even slip the bags over the pedals while I put in the spare mat during the day. No one would really notice me slipping bags over the steering wheel and gear stick/parking brake (if I plan to use it) when I get in my car to leave that night. But clearly I'm not taping up the pieces of tarp to the inside of the door or the walls of the foot well in my apartment lot, not even late at night. Maybe this accounts for the gap in time between when I left my apartment and when I parked at the house and entered--I find some deserted area, dead end road, or whatever and tape up my plastic tarp pieces that I cut roughly to size earlier in the day. Heck, I can even put a spare mat on the passenger floor just in case my bag with my shoes has any blood on the outside of it.

Now I just drive off and find somewhere to stop, pull off my outer layers and bag them, clean up, and remove the all the bags and coverings. I've got the rest of the night to ditch them and the knife. I can spend the next few days with some Goo-Gone to get any adhesive residue off the interior, vacuuming to make sure there are no hairs, etc.

Is this over the top and too detailed? This is a guy who was sorting trash into baggies in the middle of the night when he was arrested. I think he'd have no problem with it. If he's worried about people seeing him buying several plastic tarps, he can space it out over a few trips and pay cash. Or he can take his own kitchen trash bags and cut them open at the seams to use as tarps.

Just sorta thinking about the car. And the fact that there doesn't seem to exactly be a lot of time for BK to have stripped off a protective suit outside the house before getting in the car.

If I was BK and didn't plan to wear a protective suit (disposable ones can be noisy and would he want to spend time outside the house to take it off?), what steps could/would I take to prep my car & myself?

Vans are easy for me to toe off once I get outside the house. I can leave a pair of mens slip on sandals outside my car on the ground to change into or even drop them off outside the house as I enter. Leave a trash bag outside the car or tucked in my pocket to toss them in before I get in the car.

Disposable gloves--either I can double glove so I can pull off the outer ones and shove them in a pocket/bag before I exit and need to touch the slider door handle or I wear one pair and leave the slider door open enough that I can slip out or stick my arm/leg through the opening and push it open without my bare hands touching the handle.

My exterior car door handle--either I can assume my hands won't have blood on them because I will have already taken my gloves off, or if I'm paranoid I could wrap it in duct tape, cling wrap, etc.

Inside the car (going from manufacturer photos of the inside of a standard model):

the steering wheel--if my bloody gloves are still on or I'm worried I might have blood on my sleeves that could transfer, I would have already put a small trash bag over it and secured it with tape around the steering column, but not so tight that I can't operate my turn signal or turn on my headlights

starting the car--many levels of that year's Elantra have a push button start. If I'm worried about transfer, I'm taping some plastic over it. If I have a key start, before I cover the wheel I'm inserting the key and leaving it in the ignition until after I take the key off. A loose enough bag will let me manipulate it. Maybe I even have a remote starter installed after I bought it and can start it with my key fob.

gear shift and parking brake-- bags over them.

car seat--I'm getting some cheap vinyl/plasticky elastic car seat cover that I can toss later.

gas/brake pedal--I'm not too worried here, I already took my Vans off. But if I'm paranoid about my pants or socks dripping, I'm covering them with bags and securing them with tape.

floor of the driver's side--cheap floor mat I don't mind pitching or taping plastic tarp down (less likely, too easy to rip down and slippery when I"m trying to get in and out).

seatbelt--no way am I putting it on. There is no good way to cover it entirely, esp up at the top where it's going to retract back in while I'm in the house....and no good way to protect the buckle and lock and still have them work. We already know he had no problem driving w/o a seatbelt as we saw when he got pulled over in August in Moscow at 11:40 pm w/o a seatbelt. Anyway, I just killed 4 people, so I'm not real worried about following the rules of the road right now.

Honestly my biggest concern if I'm a tall guy like BK is my legs brushing the underside of the driver's side foot well, or my arms/legs brushing against the inside of the door. Tape and tarp time. I'll have to be careful and precise here so that it doesn't risk getting caught in the door and torn down. I might even make sure to cover that gap between the driver's seat and the part next to it where the parking brake/gear shift is so that any hairs that are on me don't drop off and hide in there.

My main problems in making sure my car is protected are where can I do all this taping without being seen/noticed and making sure I tape things on securely enough (the joys of tape in the winter time) but also taping them loosely enough that movement won't immediately rip them down or hamper my ability to steer/change gears/close the door/etc.

I can put on the seat cover and spare floor mat without drawing suspicion back at the apartment. Heck, I can even slip the bags over the pedals while I put in the spare mat during the day. No one would really notice me slipping bags over the steering wheel and gear stick/parking brake (if I plan to use it) when I get in my car to leave that night. But clearly I'm not taping up the pieces of tarp to the inside of the door or the walls of the foot well in my apartment lot, not even late at night. Maybe this accounts for the gap in time between when I left my apartment and when I parked at the house and entered--I find some deserted area, dead end road, or whatever and tape up my plastic tarp pieces that I cut roughly to size earlier in the day. Heck, I can even put a spare mat on the passenger floor just in case my bag with my shoes has any blood on the outside of it.

Now I just drive off and find somewhere to stop, pull off my outer layers and bag them, clean up, and remove the all the bags and coverings. I've got the rest of the night to ditch them and the knife. I can spend the next few days with some Goo-Gone to get any adhesive residue off the interior, vacuuming to make sure there are no hairs, etc.

Is this over the top and too detailed? This is a guy who was sorting trash into baggies in the middle of the night when he was arrested. I think he'd have no problem with it. If he's worried about people seeing him buying several plastic tarps, he can space it out over a few trips and pay cash. Or he can take his own kitchen trash bags and cut them open at the seams to use as tarps.
RBBM: Good post. Seems feasible to me and within realms of possibility given what is known of BK's attention to detail - as you point out he apparently has the personality required to bother with the minutae of bagging his trash as documented in MSM. Moo

Some threads ago I recall speculating re the time gap between when BK allegedly left Pullman (c.2.53am) and when SV1 (suspect vehicle 1) is mentioned in PCA heading towards 1122 King Rd. on Indian Hills Drive at c3.26am. Depending on the defendant's lead foot propensity there's possibly up to 20 minutes there of time to prep himself and his vehicle in the manner you describe or similar. And east of Moscow in that Indian Hills Drive region there's likely a number of quiet spots to do such. Moo

As for afterwards, my current theory is that defendant took the windy, remote back road to Blaine - Blaine road that intersects with the far eastern section of Palouse/Sand Road to the east of Moscow. Ample opportunity on this road at between 4.20 and 4.50am to pull over and carry out any post murder activities necessary. Such as removing murder clothes and bagging them etc and so forth.

Moo

EBM: spelling

I didn't get the impression it was all 12 times, either, although I don't remember if he specified, tbh. I guess I'm overly paranoid about these 12 times because LE chose to include them in the PCA. Imo, they did that because they had good reason to believe those specific 12 visits were related to BK and the house location, per cell phone data and times. If they thought he might have been shopping or some other innocuous activity, I don't think they would have included all 12. Jmo.

Even if only once he was close enough to "touch" their wifi, especially if it was at an odd hour, like when they would have been sleeping or something, that's a red flag to his presence prior to the murders. Maybe even a hint at the build up.

Thank you @arielilane for reminding podcast ABC King Road Killings dropped a new episode, E4 Who is BK?
*****SPOILER ALERT ******

A review of sorts. I like this podcast. They are upfront about difficulty of getting interviews with people, esp. people who may have liked BK; stated reports seem one-sided for this reason. Although many things in E4 were discussed here on WS, it confirms what I think I know or gives me another POV to consider. It may seem too slanted for some. I get it.

Some things that were new & interesting to me included:
  • BK's fellow phd students, so disturbed by BK's behavior, began keeping/tracking his OFF/odd behavior, especially with females, on something they called the "Bryan Tally." (How disliked do you have to be to have fellow mates start keeping score/track? )
  • Known before Other students were protective of a fellow female student BK had a crush on. They made sure BK was never alone with her. (The woman must be terrified wondering if she was on a potential victim list. IMO BK had secondary targets, but Maddie/Kaylee were number one.)
  • On B'Tally, the Monday after the murders, BK did not show up for class. (Where was he?)
  • BK's student office hours were odd/off, evening hours, door closed--not allowed.
  • BK office behavior, he placed himself between the student & the door making it difficult to leave.
  • At times, BK got so angry in class his face turned red, his fists clenched until his knuckles were white. (BK has been doing a triangular thing w his hands during hearings; maybe being coached.)
  • PA arrest 12/30, 1:30 am BK, gloved/sorting trash, was arrested running down stairs toward his bedroom in the basement. (Always thought BK was in kitchen sorting trash when arrested; he ran...)
  • Spoke of the BK's DeSales Uni Digital Forensic class BK which evaluated electronic devices, cell phones, computers, iPads, etc used in commission of crimes. (I'm not expecting any evidence returned on BK's electronic devices unless he made another error.)
I like listening to podcasts, reading reviews, thinking about differing points of view.
In the end I make up my own mind.
As always my opinion only.

ABC Audio the king-road-killings are here.

Thank you @arielilane for reminding podcast ABC King Road Killings dropped a new episode, E4 Who is BK?
*****SPOILER ALERT ******

A review of sorts. I like this podcast. They are upfront about difficulty of getting interviews with people, esp. people who may have liked BK; stated reports seem one-sided for this reason. Although many things in E4 were discussed here on WS, it confirms what I think I know or gives me another POV to consider. It may seem too slanted for some. I get it.

Some things that were new & interesting to me included:
  • BK's fellow phd students, so disturbed by BK's behavior, began keeping/tracking his OFF/odd behavior, especially with females, on something they called the "Bryan Tally." (How disliked do you have to be to have fellow mates start keeping score/track? )
  • Known before Other students were protective of a fellow female student BK had a crush on. They made sure BK was never alone with her. (The woman must be terrified wondering if she was on a potential victim list. IMO BK had secondary targets, but Maddie/Kaylee were number one.)
  • On B'Tally, the Monday after the murders, BK did not show up for class. (Where was he?)
  • BK's student office hours were odd/off, evening hours, door closed--not allowed.
  • BK office behavior, he placed himself between the student & the door making it difficult to leave.
  • At times, BK got so angry in class his face turned red, his fists clenched until his knuckles were white. (BK has been doing a triangular thing w his hands during hearings; maybe being coached.)
  • PA arrest 12/30, 1:30 am BK, gloved/sorting trash, was arrested running down stairs toward his bedroom in the basement. (Always thought BK was in kitchen sorting trash when arrested; he ran...)
  • Spoke of the BK's DeSales Uni Digital Forensic class BK which evaluated electronic devices, cell phones, computers, iPads, etc used in commission of crimes. (I'm not expecting any evidence returned on BK's electronic devices unless he made another error.)
I like listening to podcasts, reading reviews, thinking about differing points of view.
In the end I make up my own mind.
As always my opinion only.

ABC Audio the king-road-killings are here.

A few things re: the ABC program

1. I'm surprised WSU doesn't allow TAs to meet with students with the door closed. (I get there could be concerns about male TAs meeting with female students. But it would be very odd IMO to have gender-based rules in this day and age. So is that why all closed doors are supposedly banned?) Usually discussing grades is supposed to be confidential. If other students are waiting outside the door, a door open policy means there cannot be a confidential discussion. Also though, I thought we were told BK shared an office with other grad students. Of that's true, I'm not sure how grade discussions were supposed to happen or how a closed door policy could happen. (And if this item and others related to office hours were supposed to come from other grad students, how would they really know what he did unless they shared an office?)

2. "BK office behavior, he placed himself between the student & the door making it difficult to leave." If BK had a shared office, I'm not sure furniture placement would have been up to him. Was the ABC program reporting he stood during appointments? That's pretty odd so why not say that? Or did they? (And it's sometimes recommended offices be arranged so a professor can easily exit if a student becomes unhinged...that the professor not be trapped. It's not universally recommended student exit be the first priority.)

3. If evening office hours weren't allowed by university policy, I'm surprised no one in authority said anything to BK. Or did his professor say something? Certainly the professor he was TAing for knew or should have known when his office hours were. I'd think that would be on the course syllabus but if not, it would have to be announced during class or put on the course site on Bb (or whatever platform was used)

4. Is everything on the list from his fellow PhD students? They sound like a horrible bunch to me. Classes started in late Aug but well before Nov, a mere 3 months later, they had been frequently talking about him behind his back and keeping a actual list of his oddities? To me, that says just as much, maybe more about the "character" of the other students as it does BK's character. Anyway I'm surprised the grad students knew much about BK's coursework at DeSales or knew anything about the PA arrest. Or did those things not come from them? Did everything but those things come from them?
 JMO

Why would BK's defense attorney expect the victims' DNA be in BK's apartment office, home or vehicle? The victims' home was the crime scene. That doesn't make a whit of sense to me.

JMO
I don't know that she expected evidence of any kind related to the victims to be in BK's car, home, or campus office. She was merely making a statement about what wasn't found. But plenty of taking heads were convinced the car would be a treasure trove of key evidence. Many of the talking heads were supposedly ex-FBI agents. Here's an example published in March

Idaho murders suspect's car is key evidence against him case, ex CIA agent says

As I recall, lots of posts on WS suggested important evidence would be found in the car too.
JMO

Forensics would have detected the clean-up yes, but the Defense wouldn't be bringing up that part, at this point in time, would they? I don't think they would. Besides, doesn't everyone clean their car occasionally? Mere presence of cleaning products wouldn't mean much.

They're focused on the "no DNA" part (which was my big worry several threads ago - I think this crime was planned to keep as much victim blood off the perp as possible; that if Xana hadn't been up and about, there would have been no pool of blood near the door of her room for the perp to step in and there would have been no footprints - the latent footprints showing up so close to Xana's room tell me that there was not a lot of blood to step in, in the first place).

I do think it's possible for a DNA-aware criminal to plan a crime so that there's very little victim DNA on themselves AND to be very good at cleaning with ordinary products.

I've posted before about the complexity of taking off one set of clothes/gloves/shoes in a context where one did not want victim DNA in their car. I also believe that if one victim's DNA had been found in the car, the Defense would be claiming that said victim knew Kohberger and voluntarily gotten into the car, etc.

The car DNA is only an issue because of people's expectations, these days, about how to convict using DNA. It's just not simple and in this crime, the most important DNA is the unexpected find of Kohberger's DNA within the crime scene.

IMO.
100% about everyone cleaning their car...I was mainly thinking about the house. IMO the forensic team would have smelled/observed evidence of trying to clean up the crime scene. Cleaning products usually have a strong smell and swiping/swirling can be seen on spatter footprints etc. Everyone does clean their car. I would think it would be difficult to remove DNA evidence from upholstery/crevices. I also thought about whether they found anyone elses DNA in the car - on the stearing wheel, buckle snap, window knobs.

The no DNA is surprising to me...nothing - which means in his fast exit he was careful enough to not to leave any evidence (that we know of) of a trail from the house to his car, nor any evidence in his car. It was reported that this was a messy crime scene and LE reported in their search warrants that they expected to find this evidence. Xana fighting back and her reported hand injuries IMO would have left evidence on the suspect. And we have that one footprint. I am still thinking about ways no DNA could be accomplished. Some thoughts so far: Removing suspected PPE would leave evidence somewhere - inside or outside the home. DM said suspect was wearing Black and LE collected black clothing and shoes in their warrants. They also collected gloves. I am not on board the whole plastic covered car thing or donning whole PPE. Even if there would plastic in the car - say removing clothing into a bag - would the bag remain free of blood - stuffing bloody clothing or shoes into it? then placing it in the car on plastic - no touching the car anywhere/no smudges blood drops on transferring the bag/items to the car. If the car had some type of covering (plastic) that covering at some point would have to be removed from the car without transfering the blood on it to any spot on the car. All just my thoughts tumbling - no conclusions. MOO

100% the sheath DNA is most important so far. Also the 2 unknown male dna samples inside the house.

I think peoples expectations are high for dna because of the advances in dna recovery. There are ways to detect minute amounts now so not finding any will be a factor at trial IMO.

ALL JMO and thoughts.

Also, BK was very physically fit.
Very much so. Boxing develops extreme upper body and arm strength, running helps with endurance. He could have done this easily without breaking a real sweat IMO.

The adrenaline rush and dump would have been high, but perhaps not if he had no conscious feeling of guilt or remorse.

MOO

Order for preparation of GJ transcript and record:
Both Pros and Def get:

Transcript
Record including Items in exhibit A (sealed to protect juror info)
Copies of exhibits
Juror questionaires
No deliberations
Can Share with experts, investigators and witnesses (only the witness portion for each witness)
Juror names redacted in transcript and record.

View attachment 431865

edit: fixed thumbnail
This is exactly what I thought would be released. Looks like the DA agreed to give up' the juror questionnaire, and I'm fine with that. It will prevent the Defense from insinuating there was jury bias to begin with.

MOO

Certainly possible. I assume it came in the sheath, for obvious reasons of packing and mailing. I also assume it came through the mail, given the subpoena information so carefully analyzed here. While it could be used without securing the snap, boy, that knife is so sharp and dangerous, it would be an unsafe way of carrying it (even if not on a belt). I assume he would not want it to slide out for any reason until ready for use.

I've also thought about our assumptions as to what he was wearing (dark clothing, right?) But was he wearing regular pants with a belt? It's possible. In that case, in order for the sheath to be left behind, he had to unbuckle his belt - which is why I've never really thought about it. Until the last couple of days.

I've been assuming that he brought the knife, sheathed, to the crime scene for safety reasons. He certainly did not want to nick himself and leave any of his own blood.

It's true that he could have bypassed the sheath (except for the times required to leave the single source DNA on the snap). I see him as entirely too concerned with neatness and "proper steps" to get a thing done for me to think he'd have stuck his newish knife in that sheath and not snapped it in.

But we just don't know. Above is of course speculation based on what I think I know from the PCA and other bits of evidence.

View attachment 431964View attachment 431964
So if he was wearing regular pants with a belt, with the knife in the sheath on the belt, might that not indicate that he did indeed strip before the murders, as suggested by some sleuthers?

2. "BK office behavior, he placed himself between the student & the door making it difficult to leave." If BK had a shared office, I'm not sure furniture placement would have been up to him. Was the ABC program reporting he stood during appointments? That's pretty odd so why not say that? Or did they? (And it's sometimes recommended offices be arranged so a professor can easily exit if a student becomes unhinged...that the professor not be trapped. It's not universally recommended student exit be the first priority.)

BBM. This is actually standard procedure in hospital and clinic settings these days. The old ones still have the old setup, but the newer ones, at least in my area of the country, are designed with this in mind, per hospital safety protocols. This extends to the university we're affiliated with. I think it's just good sense these days to insure the person to whom the office belongs be closest to the exist for safety reasons. JMO

For those who say he had been planning this for awhile, do you believe he was planning to murder these specific victims, or just murder someone ? How long did the victims live at this address ? My daughter moved almost every year while she was in college. I never understood the theory on why he targeted these poor victims. What does everyone think is behind that ? He was quite older than all of them, I wouldn’t think he would be out or online meeting 20 year olds, but who knows.
I think he planned a mass murder.
I'm not at all convinced he targeted these victims specifically though many disagree with me.
I don't actually know and open source material and speculation tends to favor these specific victims.
I think it was the house or the house of people rather than one or other or all four.
That is mere speculation on my part.
Not based upon facts.

I'm not sure whether he planned several mass murders or just one because I don't have the remotest idea of what it is he hoped to gain from carrying out such a heinous crime or several.
It always comes back to motive.
There simply must be a motive.
His planning was pretty much impeccable, he was faster than light, in and out.

He could have killed the fifth girl, but chose not to.
Why?

So if he was wearing regular pants with a belt, with the knife in the sheath on the belt, might that not indicate that he did indeed strip before the murders, as suggested by some sleuthers?
Possibly but could just as easily have been carried in a bag, inside another bag, removed both together, threw down sheath and started stabbing his sleeping victims..
Forgot sheath when he left.
Or left it as a calling card?
Nobody knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads