4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, looks complete.
I just managed to find this...

t8NTd1W.jpg

So you're absolutely right that the trim can easily be popped off. But it's pretty ugly in there.

The PCA states XK received a DD delivery and that law enforcement identified the DD driver who reported the delivery occurred at approximately 4:00am. My assumption is they would not specify DD if it was not DD, but who knows. Obviously they also would have access to electronic records and I would think they would not specifically mention DD if the electronic records did not support that, but again, I don’t know enough about how LE operates to say that with absolute conviction.
IIRC (part 1), many threads ago, warrants showed that LE requested vast amounts of data from Doordash (current and historical - including order delivery details, and personnel records of DD deliverers. LE were certainly looking very carefully (IMO) at the DD "concidence" .

IIRC (part 2), there was/were also post(s) explaining how Doordash order information could, in theory, be digitally "hacked" in real-time by a 3rd party. However, Doordash is known for having very robust security systems in place in order to avoid such scenarios. ICBW - will go try and find the posts.
IMO MOO

Last edited:
And it's not like being super prepared to commit 'the perfect crime' is an original idea. Leopold and Loeb is the real famous case from 100 years ago that went on to inspire countless movies, tv shows, and stage plays.

Hell, Columbo even did an episode where they were criminology students trying to murder their professor. And they confidently used everything they learned to try and pull it off.

Also, BK is either brilliant or not brilliant depending on what situation he's put into. Not brilliant when being able to clean a car, but too brilliant to have driven his car to the scene or to have left the sheath. It's all very confusing.
BK is far from brilliant, even though he was a PhD student, his area of study wasn't rocket science. He was obsessed and determined to kill that night and I believe he'd been thinking about it for a long time.

I also think we'll find out BK had some behavioral issues early on during trial. I do wonder what the familial relationships were like.

MOO

MOO the plastic piece pops off.
They sell aftermarket cap pieces for style.

CITALL Carbon Fiber Style Interior Gear Shift Lever Knob Cover Trim Fit for Hyundai Elantra 2011-2016 Amazon.com
Yep, so could BK have just "popped it off" is the basis of my question in my original posts on this, from Januaryish and again now Julyish. Not trying to create a diversion and "things" to talk about because of the gag order, but because really it has always struck me as odd that a dude driving a car that had a stick shift had a missing cap, so every time he was handling it, there was a gap he would feel while palming it because the cap was missing. JMO

IIRC (part 1), many threads ago, warrants showed that LE requested vast amounts of data from Doordash (current and historical - including order delivery details, and personnel records of DD deliverers. LE were certainly looking very carefully (IMO) at the DD "concidence" .

IIRC (part 2), there was/were also post(s) explaining how Doordash order information could be digitally "hacked" in real-time by a 3rd party. ICBW - will go try and find the posts.
IMO MOO

I remember a lot of discussion here about the DD issues you mention in your post. I think we were (and still are) looking forward to seeing how the prosecution''s focus on DD plays out in this case, if at all.

Also, there was a lot of discussion about BK's ability to access the wifi at 1122 King Road. IIRC, we discussed the possibility that BK had been to one of the huge parties at the King Road house around the start of the fall academic semester, and that he would have been able to connect with their wifi. And, if so, in the future his phone would have automatically connected to their wifi at future times. Driving by, parked nearby, etc.

Last edited:
Yep, so could BK have just "popped it off" is the basis of my question in my original posts on this, from Januaryish and again now Julyish. Not trying to create a diversion and "things" to talk about because of the gag order, but because really it has always struck me as odd that a dude driving a car that had a stick shift had a missing cap, so every time he was handling it, there was a gap he would feel while palming it because the cap was missing. JMO
It's not a stick shift. It's an automatic.

And I still see the plastic shiny shell there in the Indiana frame. If it was missing it would look more like the picture I shared two posts up.

I'm guessing that this is going to continue to be a blue dress vs gold dress thing. So I'll concede to
- agree to disagree.

Also, so I don't spam this thread further with my responses. In response to the other post by @Sundog above...BK would not need to successfully connect to their wifi for LE to find his device in it's memory. Your phone is constantly searching for available wifis even when you're not aware of it. In that search packets of identifying data are exchanged. It's just that most people aren't aware of it. And if he did have their password it would be inconsequential to DoorDash. The most nefarious thing he'd be able to do is access their smart home devices (lights, door locks, etc). That's of course highly speculative.

JMO

Last edited:
Does anyone remember which of the affidavits contained the words - forensically extracted data from BF and DMs phones or devices or something? Do people think those are text messages extracted with metadata (date, time, etc) extracted at the system level vs just plain ol screenshots of said messages (hence the use of forensic) ......or is there something else it could be?

I think the Door Dash delivery to Xana at 4 am that night, minutes before the four of them were brutally stabbed to death, was not a coincidence at all.

I may be on my own with my speculation here, and I'm fine with that.

But I don't think it's a coincidence either, that Door Dash records were subpoenaed by LE.

It could be something weirdly wired by the killer to orchestrate all that happening within minutes in the middle of the night / early on a Sunday morning... obfuscation, ruses, I believe it was all in there.

Food delivered by DD from Pullman Taco Bell, the only late night fast food restaurant open 24/7 in the area IIRC, at 4 amish to one of the residents.

Killer comes from Pullman and enters the house just after the DD delivery at 4:03amish, and kills everyone, after one of the residents saying "someone is here"

JMO

I remember a lot of discussion here about the DD issues you mention in your post. I think we were (and still are) looking forward to seeing how the prosecution''s focus on DD plays out in this case, if at all.

Also, there was a lot of discussion about BK's ability to access the wifi at 1122 King Road. IIRC, we discussed the possibility that BK had been to one of the huge parties at the King Road house around the start of the fall academic semester, and that he would have been able to connect with their wifi. And, if so, in the future his phone would have automatically connected to their wifi at future times. Driving by, parked nearby, etc.
I think the WIFI waa mention as being "touched" by BK. MOO that just means recognition and potential for connection should the wifi be responded to and password be used.

Last edited:
I think the WIFI waa mention as being "touched" by BK. MOO that just means recognition and potential for connection should the wifi be responded to and password be used.
Yep. Your phone is constantly polling for available WIFI connections that are broadcasting. These WIFI networks are identified by their SSID. Not all WIFI networks broadcast their SSID but most do. I have 1 of mine turned off and a guest one turned on.

When the phone sees a broadcasting SSID it sends a little data packet (mac address, maybe phone name) as a hello to it to see if it gets something back and if it's truly available. This happens even if no attempt is made to connect. This is the same 'Ping' concept that you hear about on cellular networks. Ping and latency (the amount of time it takes your PING to reach the source and to return to you) tells you all sorts of cool things about someone and how far they are or in what general area they are in. Wifi, Bluetooth, Cellular, pretty much any radio wave.

Wifi polling used to be a very battery intensive feature so it was always advised to turn your WIFI off when not in use. And before WIFI became super common on airliners the default Airplane Mode behavior was for WIFI to turn off. But that's no longer the case with the evolution of the Airline industry AND WIFI technology. So now your phone is constantly listening for networks it might recognize so it can auto connect. As I mentioned before some retailers use this to track movement inside of their stores. Apple is randomizing WIFI mac addresses to try and prevent this.

Thank goodness BK didn't have an iPhone.

You can pretty much exchange the words WIFI for Bluetooth and most of the info above will remain true.

Edit: Make no mistake about it..the retailers that are using WIFI for this purpose are exploiting it and acting nefariously. Hence Apple's work in this field to randomize and anonymize their phone users. They are also doing this with Bluetooth. It's a cat and mouse game. I've read some scientific white papers where researchers were able to fingerprint and identify a phone merely by the unique electrical signals they were emitting. Which is inherent in minute otherwise imperceptible manufacturing differences. How do you beat that?

Last edited:
I think the Door Dash delivery to Xana at 4 am that night, minutes before the four of them were brutally stabbed to death, was not a coincidence at all.

I may be on my own with my speculation here, and I'm fine with that.

But I don't think it's a coincidence either, that Door Dash records were subpoenaed by LE.

It could be something weirdly wired by the killer to orchestrate all that happening within minutes in the middle of the night / early on a Sunday morning... obfuscation, ruses, I believe it was all in there.

Food delivered by DD from Pullman Taco Bell, the only late night fast food restaurant open 24/7 in the area IIRC, at 4 amish to one of the residents.

Killer comes from Pullman and enters the house just after the DD delivery at 4:03amish, and kills everyone, after one of the residents saying "someone is here"

JMO

I firmly believe this too, to me it seems very obvious even though there's no facts or evidence yet so it's just my opinion and spidey sense.

However, whenever I mention this concept I'm jumped on by forum members who are quick to point out the DD driver was interviewed and cleared etc as if they cannot comprehend that I'm not accusing the driver of being involved. I'm not saying that DD or the delivery driver were in any way whatsoever involved in participating in this crime not one bit, flat out zero.

There is just something far beyond coincidence IMO and I personally believe the two events are very much related. I suspect we'll find out more about that in time.

JMO MOO

It's not a stick shift. It's an automatic.

And I still see the plastic shiny shell there in the Indiana frame. If it was missing it would look more like the picture I shared two posts up.

I'm guessing that this is going to continue to be a blue dress vs gold dress thing. So I'll concede to
- agree to disagree.

Also, so I don't spam this thread further with my responses. In response to the other post by @Sundog above...BK would not need to successfully connect to their wifi for LE to find his device in it's memory. Your phone is constantly searching for available wifis even when you're not aware of it. In that search packets of identifying data are exchanged. It's just that most people aren't aware of it. And if he did have their password it would be inconsequential to DoorDash. The most nefarious thing he'd be able to do is access their smart home devices (lights, door locks, etc). That's of course highly speculative.

JMO
Okay, thanks for pointing that out. No worries, because it doesn't really matter one way or the other how often he rested his hand on it (the gear shift), to me. It was odd to have the cap missing on the gear shift, automatic or standard transmission. JMO

I firmly believe this too, to me it seems very obvious even though there's no facts or evidence yet so it's just my opinion and spidey sense.

However, whenever I mention this concept I'm jumped on by forum members who are quick to point out the DD driver was interviewed and cleared etc as if they cannot comprehend that I'm not accusing the driver of being involved. I'm not saying that DD or the delivery driver were in any way whatsoever involved in participating in this crime not one bit, flat out zero.

There is just something far beyond coincidence IMO and I personally believe the two events are very much related. I suspect we'll find out more about that in time.

JMO MOO
It's a message forum. You share an idea then the idea might get push back. It's nothing personal or against you. So if I'm one of those folks, my apologies.

The only time I jump on this theory is when people try to attribute magical hacking abilities to BK and DoorDash. When the theories shared go against everything about how zero day exploits work. Who the biggest players in it are. How much they go for on the blackmarket. How security research works. Or how DoorDash's technology would not even be capable to provide a backdoor to do what some people imply BK did. Or how a breach like this would be treated inside of a software company. And how it would be impossible to hide, particularly since DD is a publicly traded company with a responsibility to shareholders.. even with the gag order in place that all still stands true.

It's just a fundamental misunderstanding of how technology works, how software companies work, how software is built, the checks and balances in place, the tools available to internal folks etc. And no matter how many times I share...people totally ignore it and inevitably attribute magical hacking abilities to BK.

Is there something nefarious with the DD timing? Maybe. But IMO it has nothing to do with hacking of any sort.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

JMO MOO
BK was at the end of his 3rd loop around the house when the DDer came.
To me it looks happenstance, one roommate has a food delivery late Sat night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14