4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM: From memory that monitor was visible from the top (third) floor window on the west side - so I think KG's room? I'm sure there's a photo somewhere in press album here that will confirm that with a whole-of-house perspective. (as an aside, I think the three windows on third floor east to west were floor three bathroom, hallway and KG's master bedroom.) Moo

I think the Good Vibes sign was on second (middle floor) in the living area - close to the little hallway on that floor that leads to the stairs up to floor three (south), the kitchen entrance (west) and DM's room( east). The Daily M article indicates the Good Vibes sign was in the living room and I'm almost %100 certain that I've seen photos in the press album thread here to confirm this. Moo Can re-post those when I get a chance :)
EBM spelling x2

:)

Link to show monitor in window of what was Kaylee's room.

RBBM: From memory that monitor was visible from the top (third) floor window on the west side - so I think KG's room? I'm sure there's a photo somewhere in press album here that will confirm that with a whole-of-house perspective. (as an aside, I think the three windows on third floor east to west were floor three bathroom, hallway and KG's master bedroom.) Moo

I think the Good Vibes sign was on second (middle floor) in the living area - close to the little hallway on that floor that leads to the stairs up to floor three (south), the kitchen entrance (west) and DM's room( east). The Daily M article indicates the Good Vibes sign was in the living room and I'm almost %100 certain that I've seen photos in the press album thread here to confirm this. Moo Can re-post those when I get a chance :)
EBM spelling x2

There were actually 2 identical "Good Vibes" signs in the house. One was in the living room and another in Kaylee's room.

Besides them texting each other while the crimes were being committed I can’t think of anything else and have run out of ideas that are specific to their phones and the night of. That was my point.
My other thought would be this IF it is true:

Does anyone remember which of the affidavits contained the words - forensically extracted data from BF and DMs phones or devices or something? Do people think those are text messages extracted with metadata (date, time, etc) extracted at the system level vs just plain ol screenshots of said messages (hence the use of forensic) ......or is there something else it could be?

It's in the PCA and I've often wondered if the surviving roommates had some form of text discussion about what they believe they heard.

I think the Door Dash delivery to Xana at 4 am that night, minutes before the four of them were brutally stabbed to death, was not a coincidence at all.

I may be on my own with my speculation here, and I'm fine with that.

But I don't think it's a coincidence either, that Door Dash records were subpoenaed by LE.

It could be something weirdly wired by the killer to orchestrate all that happening within minutes in the middle of the night / early on a Sunday morning... obfuscation, ruses, I believe it was all in there.

Food delivered by DD from Pullman Taco Bell, the only late night fast food restaurant open 24/7 in the area IIRC, at 4 amish to one of the residents.

Killer comes from Pullman and enters the house just after the DD delivery at 4:03amish, and kills everyone, after one of the residents saying "someone is here"

JMO
I'm not convinced the DD had a nefarious context, but the timing sure was ironic.

You may well be right Twisting, lots of things get answered during trial that we never thought would have happened.

MOO

Sorry for the somewhat graphic questions:

The link to the DailyMail photo archive above reminded me that when I was first reading all the threads on this case (months after they had been posted), I meant to ask a couple of questions about pictures and forgot.

1) Was the “blood dripping down exterior of house” ever confirmed/denied?

2) At the following link, there’s a photo with the caption like “As cops prepare to turn over the house back to its landlord…”. The photo is shot through the window of what I guess is the kitchen. In the background is a doorframe (?) with long thin drips of something dark coming down from the top. Some of them are shorter where they’re stopped by some trim, and you can see that whatever it is has pooled a bit. I’ve never seen anyone mention it so maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me or it’s something innocuous.

Edited to add: I found a reference to the second photo in an older thread, where someone points out that it’s a lower kitchen cabinet next to the fridge, not a doorframe. (The perspective can be confusing until you look at it and realize you’re seeing the fridge handle.) Since it’s a lower level cabinet, there has been speculation that something just got spilled on the counter above, possibly by LE.

Last edited:
Sorry for the somewhat graphic questions:

The link to the DailyMail photo archive above reminded me that when I was first reading all the threads on this case (months after they had been posted), I meant to ask a couple of questions about pictures and forgot.

1) Was the “blood dripping down exterior of house” ever confirmed/denied?

2) At the following link, there’s a photo with the caption like “As cops prepare to turn over the house back to its landlord…”. The photo is shot through the window of what I guess is the kitchen. In the background is a doorframe (?) with long thin drips of something dark coming down from the top. Some of them are shorter where they’re stopped by some trim, and you can see that whatever it is has pooled a bit. I’ve never seen anyone mention it so maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me or it’s something innocuous.

It was never confirmed or denied by LE or in MSM AFAIK. It's been discussed here several times, but it's been awhile. It was likely blood from the victims on the main/second floor, Ethan and/or Xana, IMO, since that is where I think the drips started. The only other explanation that was guessed at here was if it could be heating oil, which is dyed red, but their house had central heating that didn't use heating oil. MOO

I think it's from the PCA - just a short statement to support establishment of timeline. Moo Catching up so apologies if already answered down thread.
This is why I'm suspecting that it might be text messages of them discussing what they were hearing or what they heard. And as morbid as it is to think about (though I'm more doubtful about this possibility) maybe at some point one of the victims stops responding.

MOO

It was never confirmed or denied by LE or in MSM AFAIK. It's been discussed here several times, but it's been awhile. It was likely blood from the victims on the main/second floor, Ethan and/or Xana, IMO, since that is where I think the drips started. The only other explanation that was guessed at here was if it could be heating oil, which is dyed red, but their house had central heating that didn't use heating oil. MOO
My ER nurse sister said the viscosity and the way it coagulated and clotted (paraphrasing) was very reminiscent of blood. Of course that's just her opinion via some over the shoulder viewing of a few pictures on the internet.

There were actually 2 identical "Good Vibes" signs in the house. One was in the living room and another in Kaylee's room.
I didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out and good memory! I went and had a look for photos. The first below is the lit good vibes sign from the living room. Second shot is from the back of the house, showing KG's room through 3rd floor slider. It's not a great photo for detail but good vibes sign is visable, though not turned on, hanging over what would be the front (north facing) window of her room. Moo

AIL4fc8HAUM6SPkQ-1pBn_jUxuwKmoqbnHk2LLMdtzsPck86JzAo3p_okezS7rto2cyzlIw5SlM1bYphuA_ZHXd2MshbWBjrbPePLalxkGBUadVOc6xaYp2fssFE_C08-M3Ziu0sWBfz1jhqcakDDmHMDzE8Pw=w271-h587-s-no
AIL4fc_F96SaBsHnnUHJh4jHyjpDM0FoMD7Rh2jrq0hChkqfjfQvVAsZNDmQakb1oSLs_vFIE0dS2UEyk2JkhYj9fDkFzUwt2pcejufeWB3ivxwCZvxnkf61cb_EEkbI2OS-8uQOF3qEB_2FvWhw8RDqGfKqMw=w816-h587-s-no

I personally think it's blood, but of course am guessing, and it's horrible. I think the jurors don't need to go in that house for all the reasons prosecutor BT listed, plus because it's awful in there. Jmo.

I didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out and good memory! I went and had a look for photos. The first below is the lit good vibes sign from the living room. Second shot is from the back of the house, showing KG's room through 3rd floor slider. It's not a great photo for detail but good vibes sign is visable, though not turned on, hanging over what would be the front (north facing) window of her room. Moo

AIL4fc8HAUM6SPkQ-1pBn_jUxuwKmoqbnHk2LLMdtzsPck86JzAo3p_okezS7rto2cyzlIw5SlM1bYphuA_ZHXd2MshbWBjrbPePLalxkGBUadVOc6xaYp2fssFE_C08-M3Ziu0sWBfz1jhqcakDDmHMDzE8Pw=w271-h587-s-no
AIL4fc_F96SaBsHnnUHJh4jHyjpDM0FoMD7Rh2jrq0hChkqfjfQvVAsZNDmQakb1oSLs_vFIE0dS2UEyk2JkhYj9fDkFzUwt2pcejufeWB3ivxwCZvxnkf61cb_EEkbI2OS-8uQOF3qEB_2FvWhw8RDqGfKqMw=w816-h587-s-no
That Good Vibes light in the living area is exactly why I think DM could see the man in black decently, and also maybe why he didn't see her (if he didn't), because the light was facing him as he walked toward her. Lit up his face, but blinded him to the dark hallway. Jmo.

My ER nurse sister said the viscosity and the way it coagulated and clotted (paraphrasing) was very reminiscent of blood. Of course that's just her opinion via some over the shoulder viewing of a few pictures on the internet.

Viscosity is a word I was looking for and failing to find. The exterior photo, and the one I mentioned upthread with the interior doorframe look like the substances have a similar viscosity.

EBM spelling x2

Thank you @jepop @NyxNY @Ba1thazar @Cool Cats for the room info and link. I stand corrected. From the linked photos monitor was in Kaylee's room. To quote Cats "It takes a village."

That Good Vibes light in the living area is exactly why I think DM could see the man in black decently, and also maybe why he didn't see her (if he didn't), because the light was facing him as he walked toward her. Lit up his face, but blinded him to the dark hallway. Jmo.
That's a point! Having just re-looked at the photo thread again after quite awhile, the amount of ambient lighting stood out to me - fairy lights and so forth at back of house and some inside I think, and the good vibes sign. It's been discussed at length in various threads but just made me recall that Imo there was likely sufficient ambient light for the killer/defendant to make his way through the house with relative ease, given the premise of prior stalking/observation and online study of layout. Moo

Thanks @schooling I am clueless about this tech stuff. A DailyMail photo of the monitor(s) at 1122, 18 days after the murders, shows how clearly visible one monitor was from the window. Cops left it on after they took the hard drives. Not really sure which window this is. The monitor appears to be right next to the window. Assuming that computer was in the same/similar spot in the common area where the good vibes sign was because of other pics in this article. Could BK have gotten passwords/enough info from his stalking to hack in? He could have watched to see what websites roommates visited. Frightening now to think BK could have been watching so much of their lives.

I have been to homes where there is a sign with WIFI password next to the computer so anyone can use it. A party house might have had something similar posted if this was in the common area.
My passwords are all little stars so I don't even know what they are.
JMO

At night the house is lit by an eerie glow coming from a computer monitor that reads 'No Network Detected' after police took the hard drive for investigation'No Network Detected' after police took the hard drive for investigation

DailyMail.com pictures show the inside of the 1122 house in Moscow, Idaho, looking in from the outside. Sorry old article from December 2022. Good pictures.
Oh wow. I hadn't seen this picture before. I'm about 90% confident that that's not a monitor...but a VIZIO TV. Just a few quick thoughts before I get back to the good ol' 9 to 5 ball and chain

-The UI design and error message is what tells me that's a VIZIO TV. Not a monitor.
- Even though it's a TV, it's still possible to use it as a monitor in conjunction with a desktop or a docked laptop. I use a 42" LG C2 as my monitor. Yes...it's overkill.
- That error message also leads me to believe that their VIZIO TV was connected to their network at some point utilizing WIFI or an ethernet cord.
- Since the TV is connected to the internet I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it lessens the chances that this specific TV was being used as a monitor. And more than likely it was just used for watching TV via streaming apps native to VIZIO.
- Assuming that this TV was connected to the network via WIFI...this tells us that someone pulled the plug on the router. And they did so while the TV was on.
- LE likely took the router with them along with the hard drives.

The more pictures I see through these windows. The more clear it becomes that these kids were essentially living in something akin to a fishbowl on top of a undressed hollywood sound stage. All of their moves inside telegraphed to the outside. The extraordinary amount of events that needed to fall into place for them to become victims is truly astonishing.

Thank you @jepop @NyxNY @Ba1thazar @Cool Cats for the room info and link. I stand corrected. From the linked photos monitor was in Kaylee's room. To quote Cats "It takes a village."
You were right though - there was also a good vibes sign in the north facing window of KG's room I've just learnt. It may well have been lit up at various times.

@I'm Nobody to answer your question more specifically it's certainly possible that he guessed their passwords or tricked them (or someone else) in one way or another to get their passwords. And once he had that he'd have the same access that the user would have. This is true of 3rd party apps and their at home WIFI connection.

There's very limited information you can grab by sitting on someones WIFI though. HTTPS traffic is encrypted, iPhone's now scramble most DNS requests (the thing that looks up, translates and routes website addresses for you). I'm not saying that there's nothing...but it's not like back in the day. What you could tell is if there was any activity going on in the house via watching the requests going out. Some smart devices do expose themselves to WIFI users without needed any further authentication. SONOS is a good example of that. Then there are devices like laptops that may be connected to the network. If you're not careful you can expose your files and folders to anyone that's sharing a WIFI connection with you (though Microsoft and Apple have been better about default settings preventing this).

I have a semi-commercial wifi solution at my house. Unifi by Ubiquiti. That along with NextDNS to monitor all outgoing traffic and blocking any ad networks etc. Even with all of these capabilities there's only a limited amount of information I can see about what devices on my network are doing. Since Apple's latests updates it's even less for any iPhone's on my network.

This is the only network information that I see when I open DoorDash. My iPhone is sending little bits of information out to these services that exist on DoorDash's end. Note: nothing here is a secret and anyone can see this.

dynamic-values-edge-service.doordash.com
consumer-mobile-bff.doordash.com
identity.doordash.com
iguazu.doordash.com
Those packets are all encrypted. So I can't sniff them or see what's inside of them. Maybe one day I'll place an actual order and see what comes up then (I'm guessing stripe's API maybe). But it's not going to be any data that gives away any identifying details.

Last edited:
Viscosity is a word I was looking for and failing to find. The exterior photo, and the one I mentioned upthread with the interior doorframe look like the substances have a similar viscosity.

DailyMail said it on 11/15 but I'm not sure if they were an approved source at that time. Heinous. But the inside photos in question are even more interesting/harder to explain. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14