4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DailyMail said it on 11/15 but I'm not sure if they were an approved source at that time. Heinous. But the inside photos in question are even more interesting/harder to explain. JMOO
I'm pretty sure that they are....which kind of surprises me. As they often cite Reddit rumors (not only unique to this case) and are just generally a awful. Also, their comment section is abhorrent! But I'm not going to question WS's logic here. I'm sure there are reasons.

Anyway, don't quote me but I'm pretty sure someone provided interior photos taken after the murders but before the DailyMail photos that were missing aforementioned interior streaks. So the streaks either took a long time to seep through (less likely) or it's a result of a substance/procedure that LE was using.

WEP (my older folk in here will remember having a WEP wifi password) was extremely insecure and vulnerable by 2007.

So I’m a sysadmin in real life. I let it go when you mentioned your Unifi AP, but I have to draw the line at WEP. Stop making me think about work and past tech traumas. :p

(Y2K compliance, anyone?)

I agree the house and windows look like anyone could look in from the outside at night. Looks like no curtains or blinds...which might be how this house and its occupants got targeted.

He was probably a peeping tom on previous trips there

It was never confirmed or denied by LE or in MSM AFAIK. It's been discussed here several times, but it's been awhile. It was likely blood from the victims on the main/second floor, Ethan and/or Xana, IMO, since that is where I think the drips started. The only other explanation that was guessed at here was if it could be heating oil, which is dyed red, but their house had central heating that didn't use heating oil. MOO
My ER nurse sister said the viscosity and the way it coagulated and clotted (paraphrasing) was very reminiscent of blood. Of course that's just her opinion via some over the shoulder viewing of a few pictures on the internet.
Does anyone know if those exterior "blood" streaks are still visible on the house? Did LE take samples/pics then clean them off so they cant be seen or messed with by creeps and sleuthers etc? Could they be boarded over like the windows?

Anyway, don't quote me but I'm pretty sure someone provided interior photos taken after the murders but before the DailyMail photos that were missing aforementioned interior streaks. So the streaks either took a long time to seep through (less likely) or it's a result of a substance/procedure that LE was using.
That's my understanding as well, I have seen several MSM sites debunking the blood streaks on the cabinet either by what schooling wrote or saying they photo shopped to the pic. I don't believe any of the sources are approved here but there are plenty out there to make it certainly seem true as well as it not flowing with the PCA of where the victims were ultimately found. Either way I have seen that same cabinet photo without the streaks...

Does anyone know if those exterior "blood" streaks are still visible on the house? Did LE take samples/pics then clean them off so they cant be seen or messed with by creeps and sleuthers etc? Could they be boarded over like the windows?

That's my understanding as well, I have seen several MSM sites debunking the blood streaks on the cabinet by what schooling wrote or saying they photo shopped to the pic. I don't believe any of the sources are approved here but there are plenty out there to make it certainly seem true as well as it not flowing with the PCA of where the victims were ultimately found. Either way I have seen that same cabinet photo without the streaks...
No, the exterior stains are not visible on the house anymore, they were cleaned off at some point. You could see they were gone in some photos on MSM of LE coming and going when the victim's cars and belongings were removed. Don't have a link handy so MOO.

No knowledge of whether LE took samples, but I saw a pic of an LEO taking a pic of the exterior stains, so presumably a sample was taken to determine if it was blood, and possibly whose blood. That photo is no longer available online in whatever MSM article it was in very early on, so no link to it so MOO.

FWIW, I’m the one who raised the question of the streaks that looked like interior bloodstains. I edited my original post: I did find more info (including from threads here) pointing out that it’s not a doorframe but a lower kitchen cabinet, and that the stuff wasn’t there in slightly earlier (but post crime) photos.

Sorry for starting this tangent. I just remembered the first time I saw the photo (months ago now) and being surprised no one had mentioned it.

Reading some older articles on this case on MSM over again, I saw this one that mentions LE not revealing DM was awake during the timeframe of the murders until the PCA, which could have been on purpose. Of course it makes sense to me now, in hindsight, but I don't know if I thought of it that way back when the PCA became publicly available. I bet LE had some hard decisions to make about if, when, and how they would let it become publicly available that DM saw the alleged killer. MOO

"Up until this release of the affidavit, police had not revealed one of the two roommates who survived was actually awake and witnessed the intruder.

"Releasing that information could potentially do two things: put them in jeopardy and also maybe more complicate your ability to identify him," said ABC News contributor and former FBI agent Brad Garrett. "He might start getting rid of things, evidence that you might at some point be able to seize.""

Idaho murders: Xana Kernodle likely awake when killed, court records reveal

Last edited:
If I had a technician in my house to service any appliance and he asked for my wifi password so he could upload something to the home office, I'm not proud to admit how easily I'd offer it to him. Suckah. But I think most of us are conditioned to trust people who show up in the expected uniform.

Could BK have engineered a ruse to gain access to 1122? Possible.... but I think we would have heard about more than a handshake. There'd be full-on digital bearhugs.

I think what is most chilling is the confluence.

BK connected with the house, the occupants, one, two, three or four, specifically or generally and the victims probably had no idea whatsoever. You think you're safe. In your own home. In your own bed. Surrounded by other homes and other beds. You have housemates. And a dog on-site. Layers of insulation.

If this were the movie version, the roommates get home, others get home, K and M get home. Routine, if not for the solemn reality K is moving away.... maybe Murphy is let out, then it's up to the third floor. Sending texts, attempting phone calls, laughing and crying about how Texas will try to change their lives....

While X, who doesn't know it yet, will cow to hunger in an hour, perhaps unaware or undecided whether she's hungry enough to bother, probably calculating hunger vs sleep, maybe figuring her next meal for noon, once she awakens...

While, one town over, BK is making decisions of his own. Dark clothing. Mask. Vans. K-bar.

Why this night? Why the K-bar? Why this hour and not any of the other hours?

When he last fueled his Elantra, was he already anticipating this mission, this date, this hour?

When he shopped or TA'd or stayed up ridiculously late making inordinate noise was he working out the details for this night?

What made this night different for him? That he drove to Moscow, circled a bit, three-point turned, parked in the shadows behind and made entry into 1122

4 college coeds who never saw it coming.

For how long did BK know it was, hell yes, it was coming?

Once he decided it was going to happen, is that the moment he quit maintaining the appearance of trying? Did he find it hard to care about his yawning external life? The people, the students, the professors, his schooling, in favor of the titillating one in his head? Is that where he felt most alive, in his head, filling himself with contempt for the boring cast of boring characters with their boring lives?

It's all just so sad... the four young people with lives that should have stretched out, without end, before them, if not for the creature that was just now slipping through their door.

I rather wonder if he chuckles inwardly when he's with his attorneys, knowing they have to pretend they aren't afraid of him.

IMO he's among the lowest of low and his disgusting superiority complex sinks him still lower.

JMO

It's a message forum. You share an idea then the idea might get push back. It's nothing personal or against you. So if I'm one of those folks, my apologies.

The only time I jump on this theory is when people try to attribute magical hacking abilities to BK and DoorDash. When the theories shared go against everything about how zero day exploits work. Who the biggest players in it are. How much they go for on the blackmarket. How security research works. Or how DoorDash's technology would not even be capable to provide a backdoor to do what some people imply BK did. Or how a breach like this would be treated inside of a software company. And how it would be impossible to hide, particularly since DD is a publicly traded company with a responsibility to shareholders.. even with the gag order in place that all still stands true.

It's just a fundamental misunderstanding of how technology works, how software companies work, how software is built, the checks and balances in place, the tools available to internal folks etc. And no matter how many times I share...people totally ignore it and inevitably attribute magical hacking abilities to BK.

Is there something nefarious with the DD timing? Maybe. But IMO it has nothing to do with hacking of any sort.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

I agree. If it was done, it wasn't because BK hacked in.

One doesn't need to hack into DD to send DD to someone else. You can send people food (deliver to an address other than your own). I've done it many times to treat my adult children to a nice meal on special occasions.

I have no clue or even a vague theory about why Kohberger would do this, unless of course, he has bizarre fantasies about what he's doing. Maybe he seems himself as a kind of Avenger, whose killings are somehow Just and that the victims are to have a last meal (but it's plainly addressed to Xana, as we saw in the crime scene photos). If he was mainly trying to kill Xana, why did he go upstairs? Maybe we all have the timeline wrong, but with DM seeing someone leave the house from the direction of Xana's room, it seems really unlikely.

Another reason Kohberger could have done this (remembering he would have needed to use his phone) is to get another car on video but that seems really odd and, well, stupid to me.

And he would have had to do it about 30-40 minutes before 4 am, judging by the Jack In the Box delivery times on DD. Maybe a bit more. When did Kohberger turn off his phone? Can't remember now.

IMO.

Can anyone provide any information on what a person could possibly gain by being able to join someone's wifi router? I mean, I know people sign onto other peoples' just to get internet or to conduct illegal activities, but it wouldn't allow a person to see what other devices were on the router or to interact with those devices, I wouldn't think.

I mean, maybe? Wouldn't it have to be some kind of program or app that could suss out or interact with someone else's device? I get messages each time we add a new device and have to approve it before it can (for example) send files via blue tooth. Most people have their computers and devices set up so that people in one household can't access or mess with someone else's stuff. I would think college students would know all this.

So that's why they give out their router password - just as a restaurant would. People can join (and routers keep that information - which is how LE knows that BK was in the vicinity 11-12 times, I think) but joining my wifi network doesn't give you access to my calendar or my bill paying or my typing on WS.

AFAIK. Hackers would dislike having their own device shown in the router log as being intrusive/invasive, I'd think. If BK had learned some secret surveillance technique to use on private citizens (which I find doubtful), then LE would know it was his device operating that technique.

I will say it is interesting that AT is saying "no relationship with the victims" or something like that, if in fact his phone had pinged their router. Although, yeah, I can understand why she'd be claiming he was just in the neighborhood for another reason (and I can think of several reasons he'd be there, myself).

IMO.

If I had a technician in my house to service any appliance and he asked for my wifi password so he could upload something to the home office, I'm not proud to admit how easily I'd offer it to him. Suckah. But I think most of us are conditioned to trust people who show up in the expected uniform.

Could BK have engineered a ruse to gain access to 1122? Possible.... but I think we would have heard about more than a handshake. There'd be full-on digital bearhugs.

I think what is most chilling is the confluence.

BK connected with the house, the occupants, one, two, three or four, specifically or generally and the victims probably had no idea whatsoever. You think you're safe. In your own home. In your own bed. Surrounded by other homes and other beds. You have housemates. And a dog on-site. Layers of insulation.

If this were the movie version, the roommates get home, others get home, K and M get home. Routine, if not for the solemn reality K is moving away.... maybe Murphy is let out, then it's up to the third floor. Sending texts, attempting phone calls, laughing and crying about how Texas will try to change their lives....

While X, who doesn't know it yet, will cow to hunger in an hour, perhaps unaware or undecided whether she's hungry enough to bother, probably calculating hunger vs sleep, maybe figuring her next meal for noon, once she awakens...

While, one town over, BK is making decisions of his own. Dark clothing. Mask. Vans. K-bar.

Why this night? Why the K-bar? Why this hour and not any of the other hours?

When he last fueled his Elantra, was he already anticipating this mission, this date, this hour?

When he shopped or TA'd or stayed up ridiculously late making inordinate noise was he working out the details for this night?

What made this night different for him? That he drove to Moscow, circled a bit, three-point turned, parked in the shadows behind and made entry into 1122

4 college coeds who never saw it coming.

For how long did BK know it was, hell yes, it was coming?

Once he decided it was going to happen, is that the moment he quit maintaining the appearance of trying? Did he find it hard to care about his yawning external life? The people, the students, the professors, his schooling, in favor of the titillating one in his head? Is that where he felt most alive, in his head, filling himself with contempt for the boring cast of boring characters with their boring lives?

It's all just so sad... the four young people with lives that should have stretched out, without end, before them, if not for the creature that was just now slipping through their door.

I rather wonder if he chuckles inwardly when he's with his attorneys, knowing they have to pretend they aren't afraid of him.

IMO he's among the lowest of low and his disgusting superiority complex sinks him still lower.

JMO
Good points, @Megnut. I've always wondered if BK posed as an HVAC technician and got into the house beforehand that way. What makes me wonder about the possibility, is that he studied HVAC at some point in HS, IIRC, and LE had a an HVAC contractor at the scene after the murders. I'm not implying anything more by bringing this up than HVAC skills ring a bell for me on this case, which makes me wonder if BK used his skills in some aspect of planning or committing the alleged murders. All MOO.

- Assuming that this TV was connected to the network via WIFI...this tells us that someone pulled the plug on the router. And they did so while the TV was on.
- LE likely took the router with them along with the hard drives.

That first point really hit me and made me think about it for the first time.

Why was the TV on at the time this picture was taken of Kaylee's window after the crime?

Did police turn it on to make sure they had gotten all the routers or something like that? Did Kaylee leave it on while she slept, like on a soothing screensaver or background image--or maybe when Murphy was crated and she would be out of the room, she would put on videos or a screensaver to soothe him since he was still so young? Had Kaylee fallen asleep with it on, watching a video/movie/show, and then woke up to a sound and left it on while she went across the hall?

That first point really hit me and made me think about it for the first time.

Why was the TV on at the time this picture was taken of Kaylee's window after the crime?

Did police turn it on to make sure they had gotten all the routers or something like that? Did Kaylee leave it on while she slept, like on a soothing screensaver or background image--or maybe when Murphy was crated and she would be out of the room, she would put on videos or a screensaver to soothe him since he was still so young? Had Kaylee fallen asleep with it on, watching a video/movie/show, and then woke up to a sound and left it on while she went across the hall?
Great questions! I always wondered if BK opened Kaylee's door and how soon he realized that no one was in there with it being so dark. This might answer that question.

That's a point! Having just re-looked at the photo thread again after quite awhile, the amount of ambient lighting stood out to me - fairy lights and so forth at back of house and some inside I think, and the good vibes sign. It's been discussed at length in various threads but just made me recall that Imo there was likely sufficient ambient light for the killer/defendant to make his way through the house with relative ease, given the premise of prior stalking/observation and online study of layout. Moo
I think this ambient lighting helped the killer navigate but I believe he also carried a flashlight with him and this could be why he left the sheath, he was trying to navigate holding 2 items, 3 items after he pulled out the knife.

He has the flashlight in one hand and the knife inside the sheath in the other, pulls out the knife and is now trying to balance 3 items - a sheath a knife and a flashlight.

The flashlight fits in his pocket but the sheath doesn't, so he sets it down.

A flashlight was found in his pocket in Pennsylvania I think.

Speculation

Last edited:
If you believe the reporting on the classmate...

...snipped by me for brevity
At first I believed this story...published on May 28, 2023,

There are only 20 Criminology PhD students at WSU. Doctor of Philosophy in Criminal Justice and Criminology | The Graduate School | Washington State University
And 13 Criminology Master's students at WSU. Master of Arts in Criminal Justice and Criminology | The Graduate School | Washington State University
Eliminate the males and it would be easy for LE to find out which female student made this claim.

I thought that LE would surely investigate and charge BK with whatever they discovered that he did to the security camera system he set up in her apartment.

In Idaho:
"Illegally recording, intercepting or disclosing oral, wire or electronic communications is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and as much as $5,000 in fines. Idaho Code Ann. § 18-6702. Violation of the state's video voyeurism laws carry penalties of up to five years' imprisonment and $50,000 in fines."

So basically, if LE found anything to prove the woman's allegations, LE should have charged BK with what he allegedly did and, if convicted on those charges, in his murder trial he would face the jury as a convicted felon.

But that hasn't happened so far.

I'm pretty sure that they are....which kind of surprises me. As they often cite Reddit rumors (not only unique to this case) and are just generally a awful. Also, their comment section is abhorrent! But I'm not going to question WS's logic here. I'm sure there are reasons.

The streaks in the kitchen are not blood. The proof of this is in photos on FNd which we are not allowed to link here, but there are photos that show the kitchen BEFORE CSI moved things around to dust the cabinets - the table is still clear (except for a stack of red plastic cups), yet there is evidence tape on the window and there were no "blood" streaks on the cabinet by the refrigerator.

KG's bedroom was above the kitchen - that is where Murphy was found unharmed. No one was killed in that room. If blood had seeped downstairs from MM's room, it would have seeped into DM's room, not the kitchen. MM's room was separated from KG's room by the staircase and MM's room was directly over DM's room. The blood on the outside is from XK's room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member