4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO if the Idahoan whose rights and privacy were violated did not make a complaint to the police, they might not pursue. Perhaps they have talked to her.
I wonder about that, too. Was her story true? Did LE talk to her and she refused to do anything about it? Had she disassembled the video camera and had no way to prove her allegation? Does she have the evidence but not want her name known to the public due to the circus-like atmosphere? Or maybe this is going to a grand jury and they haven't met yet or the Grand Jury refused to indict. Anything could have happened. IMO.

I think the Door Dash delivery to Xana at 4 am that night, minutes before the four of them were brutally stabbed to death, was not a coincidence at all.

I may be on my own with my speculation here, and I'm fine with that.

But I don't think it's a coincidence either, that Door Dash records were subpoenaed by LE.

It could be something weirdly wired by the killer to orchestrate all that happening within minutes in the middle of the night / early on a Sunday morning... obfuscation, ruses, I believe it was all in there.

Food delivered by DD from Pullman Taco Bell, the only late night fast food restaurant open 24/7 in the area IIRC, at 4 amish to one of the residents.

Killer comes from Pullman and enters the house just after the DD delivery at 4:03amish, and kills everyone, after one of the residents saying "someone is here"

JMO
I agree with you Twistinginthewind. The Doordash delivery would/could have provided a distraction which suited the perpetrator's plan. It sounds as though, from what other WS'ers have said, hacking DD is not feasible. I agree with you also, that LE's warrants for (large amounts of historical and current) DD data is VERY interesting (MOO). Looking for a pattern ? IMO someone may have been impersonating a DD person/delivering meals which hadn't been ordered, or maybe the perp was able to view remotely Xana's computer. I have no clue about such things, but there's no denying that (as per the warrants) LE was very keen to look into the "coincidence."

My siblings both use an app that allows them to see their partners screens in real time. It’s a tracker showing their locations and all texts that come on their screen. I have avoided asking more about this app but will today.
I don’t believe it’s impossible that BK could have known about the door dash delivery if he was using an app like this to stalk them. You only need their Wi-Fi password.

My siblings both use an app that allows them to see their partners screens in real time. It’s a tracker showing their locations and all texts that come on their screen. I have avoided asking more about this app but will today.
I don’t believe it’s impossible that BK could have known about the door dash delivery if he was using an app like this to stalk them. You only need their Wi-Fi password.
Thank you for that info Vinayd. That's very interesting. IIRC, Steve Goncalves, who apparently works in IT, commented that BK's phone had "touched the wi-fi" of Kaylee and Maddie. I did wonder also, whether at some stage he may have installed some sort of device there. I'm sure he would have been in the house more than once . IMO MOO

Thank you for that info Vinayd. That's very interesting. IIRC, Steve Goncalves, who apparently works in IT, commented that BK's phone had "touched the wi-fi" of Kaylee and Maddie. I did wonder also, whether at some stage he may have installed some sort of device there. I'm sure he would have been in the house more than once . IMO MOO
Possible. The house is a fishbowl though, so much is possible to see from outside.

I think it is simple like you say, munchies start up and you order food.

I would have to check the time but I think DoorDash surprised him and this could be why he was seen driving by the house 3 times. He was waiting for the "coast to be clear."

I don't think he would think ahead of time that DoorDash is going to show up at 4:00am. I think he chose 4:00am because he thought there would be no coming and going to the house that late.

Hacking into DoorDash (as has been previously mentioned) makes no sense, drivers use their own phones and BK wouldn't know a resident would order food at 4:00am.

2 cents
Agree

I agree with you Twistinginthewind. The Doordash delivery would/could have provided a distraction which suited the perpetrator's plan. It sounds as though, from what other WS'ers have said, hacking DD is not feasible. I agree with you also, that LE's warrants for (large amounts of historical and current) DD data is VERY interesting (MOO). Looking for a pattern ? IMO someone may have been impersonating a DD person/delivering meals which hadn't been ordered, or maybe the perp was able to view remotely Xana's computer. I have no clue about such things, but there's no denying that (as per the warrants) LE was very keen to look into the "coincidence."
This is all MOO, but with no identified suspect, LE was doing deep dives into every potential aspect, it seems to me, and I'd expect nothing less from LE given the timing of the DD delivery.

Whether or not they found anything of interest resulting from the 12/6/2022 DD search warrant remains unknown, MOO.

Again MOO, but what that search warrant (and others) says to me is that they still hadn't identified a suspect. I remain in the distinct minority of those who don't think WSU Police spotting BK's white Elantra on the WSU campus was a big AH HA moment. We still have no clue how many white 2011-2013 white Elantras were identified in this area, and we don't know when the FBI expert internally revised the model years, MOO.

What we do know is MPD first put out a public plea for info on a 2011-2013 White Hyundai Elantra and/or its occupants on 12/7/2022 (and MPD & was quickly overwhelmed by tips).

MOO, but that suggests to me a couple of things:
-- they still had no suspect, hence the wide nets cast by the search warrants trying to identify one, including looking at the DD delivery coincidence, once the "usual suspects" had been eliminated;
-- the FBI expert hadn't yet revised his model year estimate;
-- and WSU Police reports on BK's white Elantra on the WSU campus were still in the extensive data churn.

MOO, but one of the reasons I so appreciate the discussions here is reading what others are gleaning from the same relatively small pool of what we know, so that's my two cents worth about the DD warrant & the almost unimaginable coincidence of the timing of the DD delivery.

This is all MOO, but with no identified suspect, LE was doing deep dives into every potential aspect, it seems to me, and I'd expect nothing less from LE given the timing of the DD delivery.

Whether or not they found anything of interest resulting from the 12/6/2022 DD search warrant remains unknown, MOO.

Again MOO, but what that search warrant (and others) says to me is that they still hadn't identified a suspect. I remain in the distinct minority of those who don't think WSU Police spotting BK's white Elantra on the WSU campus was a big AH HA moment. We still have no clue how many white 2011-2013 white Elantras were identified in this area, and we don't know when the FBI expert internally revised the model years, MOO.

What we do know is MPD first put out a public plea for info on a 2011-2013 White Hyundai Elantra and/or its occupants on 12/7/2022 (and MPD & was quickly overwhelmed by tips).

MOO, but that suggests to me a couple of things:
-- they still had no suspect, hence the wide nets cast by the search warrants trying to identify one, including looking at the DD delivery coincidence, once the "usual suspects" had been eliminated;
-- the FBI expert hadn't yet revised his model year estimate;
-- and WSU Police reports on BK's white Elantra on the WSU campus were still in the extensive data churn.

MOO, but one of the reasons I so appreciate the discussions here is reading what others are gleaning from the same relatively small pool of what we know, so that's my two cents worth about the DD warrant & as
AFAIK the first reports of Elantra came from a tip.
That suggested to me that a member of the public had seen it parked up and got the model wrong..

Doordash=munchies.

No evidence to suggest anybody but the tenant made the DD order.

Hopefully though DD driver had a camera and provided info on white vehicle.

s-l1200.jpg

The PCA says 'Vans-style" or something like that, I believe. Mine look sort of like the picture above (those do not belong to me). But the diamonds on my 990s are not that detailed and a lot less complex (flat diamonds, no diamond within a diamond pattern grooved pattern). When I get back upstairs I'll try and take a picture or two.

Also, I'm aware that Van's are known for their sole's that are completely made up of diamond patterns.

MOO
You're making a good point, imo. Didn't look at the PCA but linking an article below. Maybe it's another type of shoe - don't want to start any rumors, ;) moo.

I am going to threw Converse into the mix too, because Converse and Vans both have diamond shapes on the bottom. However, the Vans' diamonds are sideways and not completely made up of diamond patterns. Imo, the Vans' diamond pattern is unique from the others as you all ready know this info. Not sure why Vans shoes were mentioned in the first place, we shall see...

In the probable cause affidavit used in the arrest of Kohberger, who is currently charged with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of felony burglary, investigators stated that "during the processing of the crime scene, investigators found a latent shoe print."

According to the affidavit, the shoe print found had a "diamond-shape pattern," similar to a Vans-style shoe.

AFAIK the first reports of Elantra came from a tip.
That suggested to me that a member of the public had seen it parked up and got the model wrong..

Doordash=munchies.

No evidence to suggest anybody but the tenant made the DD order.

Hopefully though DD driver had a camera and provided info on white vehicle.
Yes!

It’s also possible, MOO, by that time the vehicle had been spotted on the various surveillance/security videos collected from the neighborhood — we know that an on-the-ground video canvass by LE of the neighborhood started quickly (11/19/2022 MPD Video Collection Request Map).

It’s admirable, MOO, that the local LE investigation lid was successfully kept on so tight! There have been a few disclosures by citizens (ie, Moscow Building Supply, the gas station overnight assistant manager, the vape shop dude, NSA audio/video via Kaylee’s dad, etc), but I fully expect my mind to be blown at trial by details of the depth of the investigation in the early weeks.

All MOO.

ETA link to MPD map for public video request.

Last edited:
You're making a good point, imo. Didn't look at the PCA but linking an article below. Maybe it's another type of shoe - don't want to start any rumors, ;) moo.

I am going to threw Converse into the mix too, because Converse and Vans both have diamond shapes on the bottom. However, the Vans' diamonds are sideways and not completely made up of diamond patterns. Imo, the Vans' diamond pattern is unique from the others as you all ready know this info. Not sure why Vans shoes were mentioned in the first place, we shall see...

In the probable cause affidavit used in the arrest of Kohberger, who is currently charged with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of felony burglary, investigators stated that "during the processing of the crime scene, investigators found a latent shoe print."

According to the affidavit, the shoe print found had a "diamond-shape pattern," similar to a Vans-style shoe.
I have to confess that I had never heard of Vans before this case. I'm not trendy, I guess. LOL I finally got around to checking out vans today and I'm having a hard time seeing him wearing those shoes, but I had a more difficult time imagining a broke phd student throwing away a $50-$75 pair of shoes.

If he bought a uniform to be worn and discarded after the murders, I could see him buying a cheap pair of shoes from Walmart and not feeling bad about ditching them. I'm going to try and resist the urge to go to walmart and check the soles of their men's shoes. :D Just a thought.

I have to confess that I had never heard of Vans before this case. I'm not trendy, I guess. LOL I finally got around to checking out vans today and I'm having a hard time seeing him wearing those shoes, but I had a more difficult time imagining a broke phd student throwing away a $50-$75 pair of shoes.

If he bought a uniform to be worn and discarded after the murders, I could see him buying a cheap pair of shoes from Walmart and not feeling bad about ditching them. I'm going to try and resist the urge to go to walmart and check the soles of their men's shoes. :D Just a thought.
Might be hard to find...(Van-like shoes at the Walmarts).

JMO

Yes!

It’s also possible, MOO, by that time the vehicle had been spotted on the various surveillance/security videos collected from the neighborhood — we know that an on-the-ground video canvass by LE of the neighborhood started quickly (11/19/2022 MPD Video Collection Request Map).

It’s admirable, MOO, that the local LE investigation lid was successfully kept on so tight! There have been a few disclosures by citizens (ie, Moscow Building Supply, the gas station overnight assistant manager, the vape shop dude, NSA audio/video via Kaylee’s dad, etc), but I fully expect my mind to be blown at trial by details of the depth of the investigation in the early weeks.

All MOO.

ETA link to MPD map for public video request.
Yes.
I always had the impression that several people had seen the vehicle but like myself wouldn't be too clued in on model or make..
Also dark and possibly several grainy cctv footage would have added to the confusion.
It's likely that once they released the white sedan info that lots more info followed..
there were a lot of people around that weekend partying which means no early bed for many.

Omitted was 'similar to lots of footwear with diamond patterned soles'

BK doesn't appear to be the type of guy to wear Vans, but what would I know as I (thankfully) don't know him. I've seen replica "Vans" @Walmart, w/o the "Off the Wall" label in the back. Would he shop at thrift stores? Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018