4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bates Numbering. Bates Stamps.
Very interesting. Do you know what "Bates" means?
@Cool Cats Refers to the Bates numbers, a method of sequentially numbering pages with a reference number.
Historically, a hand-operated Bates numbering device is used to "stamp" a number on a page, and the numbers will automatically advance after each stamping.

See Bates numbering - Wikipedia

On page 2 of 3 page doc. in second link,* the state is responding to def't's request for info, by saying essentially --

We already produced/provided. Check the pages w special (Bates) numbers ___ to ____.

I have to confess that I had never heard of Vans before this case. I'm not trendy, I guess. LOL I finally got around to checking out vans today and I'm having a hard time seeing him wearing those shoes, but I had a more difficult time imagining a broke phd student throwing away a $50-$75 pair of shoes.

If he bought a uniform to be worn and discarded after the murders, I could see him buying a cheap pair of shoes from Walmart and not feeling bad about ditching them. I'm going to try and resist the urge to go to walmart and check the soles of their men's shoes. :D Just a thought.

They are easy enough to pick up at Goodwill or rummage sales where I live.

I am glad the house is not being demolished because the jury may wish to go and see it and they should have the opportunity to do so. It’s not worth taking a chance by demolishing it now and then regretting it later at trial. I understand entirely that that the house is a constant reminder of the horrendous and senseless tragedy that occurred there and many people want it torn down ASAP. It is a pity that temporary screening or something like a termite tent can’t be put up around the house to make it less visible until it can be demolished as soon as possible after the trial.

I am glad the house is not being demolished because the jury may wish to go and see it and they should have the opportunity to do so. It’s not worth taking a chance by demolishing it now and then regretting it later at trial. I understand entirely that that the house is a constant reminder of the horrendous and senseless tragedy that occurred there and many people want it torn down ASAP. It is a pity that temporary screening or something like a termite tent can’t be put up around the house to make it less visible until it can be demolished as soon as possible after the trial.
I shared the same thoughts previously. However, reading the UI email today that disclosed that lead & asbestos remediation is required, I better understand why the State doesn’t expect to need the house at trial. Indeed, I think liability might preclude a jury view, particularly the asbestos part?

MOO

I shared the same thoughts previously. However, reading the UI email today that disclosed that lead & asbestos remediation is required, I better understand why the State doesn’t expect to need the house at trial. Indeed, I think liability might preclude a jury view, particularly the asbestos part?

MOO
Not necessarily... The asbestos may be in situ, in the plaster or an earlier phase of lino flooring. It needs to be safely removed prior to the demolition of the main structure, but until it's broken up, it's not going to be a risk to someone just walking through the home. The problem comes when it's disturbed and the fibres break free and float in the air.

Likewise, the lead could be in pipes, or in the roofing, in a bunch of places, but nothing that will give you heavy metal poisoning if you walk past it. It just has more precautions and rules for its disposal because of the potential for contamination.

(I am not a builder, but my grandfather was, and I wind up watching a lot of reno shows because my mother likes them.)

MOO

s-l1200.jpg

The PCA says 'Vans-style" or something like that, I believe. Mine look sort of like the picture above (those do not belong to me). But the diamonds on my 990s are not that detailed and a lot less complex (flat diamonds, no diamond within a diamond pattern grooved pattern). When I get back upstairs I'll try and take a picture or two.

Also, I'm aware that Van's are known for their sole's that are completely made up of diamond patterns.

MOO
MOO this is what I think. B&E kit shoes. Easy off.

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 9.46.57 AM.png
How is it possible that there are no notes, photos or information collected from the autopsies by the 3 mentioned? Did the defense mean Sergeant Shaine Gunderson - not Gunnerson? Is Vargas is Officer Dani Vargus? Not sure about Tolleson. Why would there not be photos of the autopsies and notes about the autopsies? That just floors me. All JMO.

Not necessarily... The asbestos may be in situ, in the plaster or an earlier phase of lino flooring. It needs to be safely removed prior to the demolition of the main structure, but until it's broken up, it's not going to be a risk to someone just walking through the home. The problem comes when it's disturbed and the fibres break free and float in the air.

Likewise, the lead could be in pipes, or in the roofing, in a bunch of places, but nothing that will give you heavy metal poisoning if you walk past it. It just has more precautions and rules for its disposal because of the potential for contamination.

(I am not a builder, but my grandfather was, and I wind up watching a lot of reno shows because my mother likes them.)

MOO

The lead prosecutor Bill Thompson says a jury view of the house would be inappropriate.

The house has been altered and doesn't look like it did when BK was there. Some of the walls and flooring have been removed along with all the furniture and personal items.

Also, extensive cleaning with chemicals has made the air a hazard to breath.

View attachment 434303
How is it possible that there are no notes, photos or information collected from the autopsies by the 3 mentioned? Did the defense mean Sergeant Shaine Gunderson - not Gunnerson? Is Vargas is Officer Dani Vargus? Not sure about Tolleson. Why would there not be photos of the autopsies and notes about the autopsies? That just floors me. All JMO.
Not me: I expect LE relied on the ME to do her job, including all necessary documentation. Which I’m certain she absolutely did with her outstanding reputation of being a consummate professional, MOO.

MOO
For sure: we just don’t know.

AFAIK, the UI email today (I shared upthread) was the first time it had been publicly announced that asbestos & lead remediation were even a concern.

Not me: I expect LE relied on the ME to do her job, including all necessary documentation. Which I’m certain she absolutely did with her outstanding reputation of being a consummate professional, MOO.

I thought the ME was a male in Spokane?

If you mean the coroner, I wasn't all that impressed with her professionalism during her media blitz early on. JMO

The lead prosecutor Bill Thompson says a jury view of the house would be inappropriate.

The house has been altered and doesn't look like it did when BK was there. Some of the walls and flooring have been removed along with all the furniture and personal items.

Also, extensive cleaning with chemicals has made the air a hazard to breath.

Agree, i know the layout and trust jurors to be able get familiar with the layout.

The first and second floors make total house sense, the south side 3rd floor addition needs mental work to understand. An architectural model would make very clear.

My thoughts were not to demolish the King Ave property in case the jury needed to view property for better visual; however, I no longer feel that way.

Imo, the state’s case will have the science that the defense will find challenging ... too challenging to dispute and it will be a slam dunk for the state. In other words, it’s over for BK, he’s not so smart after all. MOO

For sure: we just don’t know.

AFAIK, the UI email today (I shared upthread) was the first time it had been publicly announced that asbestos & lead remediation were even a concern.
They possibly didn't know until someone assessed it prior to demolition. A house inspector would have come in and poked around and possibly done some tests. The newer area of the build is probably modern enough, but I expect the first phase of the house would have been the right era to use asbestos in things like the plaster, the lino, and possibly other things. I can't imagine it would be in the insulation; that would have been discovered when they extended the home and would have probably needed extensive remediation before the builders would go near it. That junk can be incredibly dangerous, especially the loose stuff. Just look up the scandal to do with Mr Fluffy insulation in Canberra. A whole lot of people had to leave their homes with nothing but the clothes on their backs, and weren't allowed to return.

MOO

View attachment 434303
Because the observers won't be testifying about the autopsies. They aren't expert medical witnesses. The ME will be the one testifying.

JMO

My siblings both use an app that allows them to see their partners screens in real time. It’s a tracker showing their locations and all texts that come on their screen. I have avoided asking more about this app but will today.
I don’t believe it’s impossible that BK could have known about the door dash delivery if he was using an app like this to stalk them. You only need their Wi-Fi password.
That’s a pretty wild app.

Location, yes. Super common. Screens and text messages? Maybe it’s an android app that I’m unfamiliar with.

I thought the ME was a male in Spokane?

If you mean the coroner, I wasn't all that impressed with her professionalism during her media blitz early on. JMO
HER name is Dr Veena Singh and SHE is in Spokane. We contract with Spokane County for ME services.

I have the utmost respect for Latah County’s Coroner Kathy Mabbutt. MOO

ETA link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members