4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's as far as you think it is. I'm not a fan of this guy, in fact, this is the only video I've ever been able to sit through. But he does a fantastic job using the PCA's video evidence to plot out the Elantra's movements in real time. And it lines up perfectly with the leaked surveillance video.

If he can do this on a PC sitting at home I'm sure prosecutors will be able to show the jury the roads BK likely took.

Also, is the expectation that every single second of the Elantra's drive be captured? Or at every intersection? Prosecutors get convictions all of the time with 0 evidence on roads a person took. Just based on the fact that they have the opportunity and no alibi to account for their whereabouts.

I do think they have to explain why someone living eastbound from Moscow was allegedly travelling westbound from Indian Hills Drive. The PCA for instance makes a big deal about Palouse River Drive but leaving Pullman there's no footage of him on Johnson Drive. Although there's many backroads permutations you can take once you're on Johnson, Johnson is the chokepoint and has at least one camera. If he for instance got on the 270 to go westbound rather than eastbound he could have taken the backroads using Wheelan Road for a northern backroads way into Moscow but then that starts making the defense's case that he was out just driving around and it makes it hard to put him on Indian Hills Drive if he used northerly backroads rather than southerly backroads. I do think he did it, but I do think there's a risk that at one or more points LE misidentified Suspect Vehicle 1 where the defense could show they got the wrong car at certain points and create reasonable doubt and it's also possible that Suspect Vehicle 1 was a 2011-2013 Elantra as originally identified.

Source of Pic w Victims? Where Taken?
Ihttps://abcnews.go.com/US/idaho-murders-2-surviving-roommates-break-silence/story?id=94477961
I think earlier I assumed the photograph was taken at the house but by does anyone know if this is accurate or even who took this photograph? Bugging me TIA.
@Chloegirl
Caption at link* cites source as "Kaylee Goncalves/Instagram," but that does not definitively show WHO snapped the pic.

Imo you & I were in good company originally thinking pic was taken at 1122 King, but I recall --- like @Balthazar :) ** TYVM --- reading (w'in a mo. or so of murders) that it was taken elsewhere, at other apt. building.
imo
** 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #87

Source of Pic w Victims? Where Taken?

@Chloegirl
Caption at link* cites source as "Kaylee Goncalves/Instagram," but that does not definitively show WHO snapped the pic.

Imo you & I were in good company originally thinking pic was taken at 1122 King, but I recall --- like @Balthazar :) ** TYVM --- reading (w'in a mo. or so of murders) that it was taken elsewhere, at other apt. building.
imo
** 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #87
I believe the photo may have been taken on the second floor of the apartments located at 701 Taylor Ave. I remember when we identified the location before it was a nearby apartment building.

I do think they have to explain why someone living eastbound from Moscow was allegedly travelling westbound from Indian Hills Drive. The PCA for instance makes a big deal about Palouse River Drive but leaving Pullman there's no footage of him on Johnson Drive. Although there's many backroads permutations you can take once you're on Johnson, Johnson is the chokepoint and has at least one camera. If he for instance got on the 270 to go westbound rather than eastbound he could have taken the backroads using Wheelan Road for a northern backroads way into Moscow but then that starts making the defense's case that he was out just driving around and it makes it hard to put him on Indian Hills Drive if he used northerly backroads rather than southerly backroads. I do think he did it, but I do think there's a risk that at one or more points LE misidentified Suspect Vehicle 1 where the defense could show they got the wrong car at certain points and create reasonable doubt and it's also possible that Suspect Vehicle 1 was a 2011-2013 Elantra as originally identified.
Sure, I guess if that evidence on it's own existed in a vacuum (without the DNA at the crime scene, videos of an Elantra at the crime scene, connecting the dots). I can see a reasonable person arriving at that conclusion.

So couldn't the same case be made for not being able to find the white Elantra anywhere else on camera? Using your reasoning (which a juror is likely to follow)...the police have canvassed the area and I'm sure the defense has too. So theoretically the defense should be able to provide at least 1 camera on any other road to contradict prosecutorial evidence. Right?

I know it's not his burden. But this is a very slippery slope to go down if you're the defense. Especially when prosecutors are apt to talk about their far and wide video canvassing efforts, that the defense likely had access to it (along with their own canvassing efforts). And not one single mili second of a video of BK anywhere else (that we know about, exculpatory for sure). Compare that to what prosecutors have...

Jurors will be able to do that math...easily.

Last edited:
He lived to the west of Moscow. The travel to Moscow would be eastbound.
It took 7 months to admit he was driving around that night, his council tried to mitigate that fact by calling it an alibi -which it is not.

It took 7 months to admit he was driving around that night, his council tried to mitigate that fact by calling it an alibi -which it is not.

My curiosity is around how the Defense is going to establish his "driving around" as evidence.

Will they simply admit that his car is the one seen on some or all of the videos? I'm guessing that the FBI and other LE digital investigation units have found some distinctive features about the Elantra that is seen near 1122 King Road (tread on tires, perhaps; label on tires; type of rims; minor wear and tear to car, etc).

Seems to me that unless it's just going to be AT telling the jury in opening and closing (which the Judge will remind the jury: that's not evidence!)...they're kind of stuck in bringing it in. And if they admit that's his car on the videos, that seems counter-productive for the Defense.

He has to try to claim he is out driving around but NOT at 1122 King Road - except that they have both phone and car traveling there the next morning. And that same car seen on neighbor-video in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Some other Elantra Dude did it.

Makes no sense to me. SMH. JMO.

My curiosity is around how the Defense is going to establish his "driving around" as evidence.

Will they simply admit that his car is the one seen on some or all of the videos? I'm guessing that the FBI and other LE digital investigation units have found some distinctive features about the Elantra that is seen near 1122 King Road (tread on tires, perhaps; label on tires; type of rims; minor wear and tear to car, etc).

Seems to me that unless it's just going to be AT telling the jury in opening and closing (which the Judge will remind the jury: that's not evidence!)...they're kind of stuck in bringing it in. And if they admit that's his car on the videos, that seems counter-productive for the Defense.

He has to try to claim he is out driving around but NOT at 1122 King Road - except that they have both phone and car traveling there the next morning. And that same car seen on neighbor-video in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Some other Elantra Dude did it.

The only way this would make sense is if BK is going to claim that he knows exactly who else did this crime because he was in their company or in some form of collusion with them. Which would also make no sense.

The SOEDDI Defense!

Fotis Dulos who killed his ex wife knew you can't drive your car to a crime. He borrowed a truck parked a mile away, and apparently rode a bike to the crime scene, her garage.
But turns out in the modern Ring era that it is near impossible to even leave one's house and approach the CS area.
MOO they have him and the stiff defense is about dealing off the DP.

Exactly, it's eastbound. The first claim of his alleged vehicle in or near Moscow is a vehicle travelling westbound on Indian Hills Drive, which is on the opposite side of the 95 from the house. Also saying you were elsewhere when a crime was committed is literally an alibi, but it was a deficient Notice Of Alibi though. I for instance can say during the these murders I was asleep in another state, which is an alibi but if I was to file that with the court it would be a deficient Notice Of Alibi.

Exactly, it's eastbound. The first claim of his alleged vehicle in or near Moscow is a vehicle travelling westbound on Indian Hills Drive, which is on the opposite side of the 95 from the house. Also saying you were elsewhere when a crime was committed is literally an alibi, but it was a deficient Notice Of Alibi though. I for instance can say during the these murders I was asleep in another state, which is an alibi but if I was to file that with the court it would be a deficient Notice Of Alibi.
An alibi is corroboration that you were elsewhere.

Re: Indian Hills.
He didn't go straight to 1122.
He drove around.

Random question so I replied to my own post because I literally couldn't figure out how to start a new conversation:

Ihttps://abcnews.go.com/US/idaho-murders-2-surviving-roommates-break-silence/story?id=94477961

I think earlier I assumed the photograph was taken at the house but by does anyone know if this is accurate or even who took this photograph? Bugging me TIA.

This photo Idaho murders: 2 surviving roommates break silence was taken at the building right in front of their home on the afternoon of the crimes when they were going to the football game.

You can see more clearly in this picture the staircase. Inside the Idaho home where four students were brutally stabbed to death

If you look at the street view of google maps you can see that this tells us by both the staircase and the fact that they have a roof above them that they were likely at a friend's place on the second floor. A friend who I hope LE has spoken to by now.

I am trying to attach the screen shots but it is saying the picture (file) is too large. Maybe it will go separately? If not look at 707 Taylor Ave. A street view will show the direct path from their house to this house (and the Frat house which is across the street on Taylor) The stone step walkway (immediately to the left of the blue trash receptacle) leads right to and from their home/school/Sigma Chi/other apartment complex. It's literally across the street from their home.

Last edited:
To the left is the building where the picture was taken. Directly in front is the walkway to their front door.
jmo

MOO and Speculation, if the frat guys had gone back to the house and left it would line up with the people captured on the police body cam walking down the path from the house as LE was ticketing the students at Band Field at 3 am. They walked diagonally. That diagonal direction is a straight line to Sigma Chi across the street.
MOO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 9.25.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 9.25.29 PM.png
    728.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 9.32.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 9.32.30 PM.png
    629.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I don't believe they had gone through or even received all of the video yet at the time they did the pca on 12/28. They had more than enough to swear out a warrant imo but I don't think they had it all yet. This is just MOO IIRC from their press conference after arrest (which might have been the last time they spoke about this actually. Not sure).

jmo

Is anyone else curious who was at the house that night? Are there students in the houses nearby who may have more info? How did he kill four people and the only DNA is on the knife sheath?
MOO
1 Thought he cleaned the sheath but some DNA remained hidden in snap mechanism.

2 They only tested the sheath snap because they found single source DNA and testing the leather parts will be consumptive and the defense will need to participate.

Totally agree on all of your points. IMO prosecutors can prove that it's his car on the majority of the videos. The defense knows this. And each confirmed BK's white Elantra sighting is theoritiaclly evidene towards this "alibi" (so not an alibi).

I'm going to keep saying it. The supermarket visit cited in the PCA is the stamp on prosecutors' evidence that BK was in that car. It will show that his Elantra, and his cell phone, aligned like it did the night before....and there's crystal clear video of him getting out of it. And I think the kicker will be the identifying marker(s) from the car.

BK could have just as easily said he never left his house. The fact that he had 7 months....and could only come up with "I was driving around" tells you just how strong the evidence he's likely seen is.

I'm an avid reader here, and in awe of the expertise of many of the posters. Personally, I can't get over how badly he underestimated law enforcement. Moscow, though a small town, is a college town. College towns generally have more money and a more educated population. If he had operated in the same era as say, the Golden State Killer, maybe crossing state lines would have been more of an advantage to him. WSU jumped into action to help which was key to IDing the right Elantra and leading right to Kohberger's door.

The mountain of evidence all points toward BK. The only question remaining at the trial is will the jury do something "unconventional"?? JMO
I don't have any reason to think this jury will do something unconventional. Jurors take their jobs very seriously, especially in high profile DP cases, and I believe they will be able to listen to both the Prosecution and Defense cases and make an intelligent, informed decision.

BK isn't a famous celebrity or someone who is going to get unfair consideration or a 'pass'. But I have no doubt that this Defense will drop a few 'bombs' during the course of trial. They have a highly qualified team and know what they're up against.

ALL MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members